New Pages

I Need To Save My Career!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoon nervously watched the expression on his PD’s face who was giving nothing away as he listened to the song that they had produced. Hoseok was shaking his feet in anxiety much to Yoongi’s annoyance. Yoongi hit his thighs to stop him from doing that. He had to admit, he was nervous as well. Bang PD had rejected a lot of their demos, claiming that it was not a good comeback song. Maybe it was partially their fault to be overly ambitious and deviate from their normal hip-hop sound but they wanted to gain more fans. Solely focusing on a certain genre may cause them to drown in the ever-competitive entertainment industry. They had to create the perfect song.

When the song came to an end, Bang PD was still silent. Namjoon bit his lips as he awaited the verdict. He finally nodded and looked at Namjoon.

“I like this,” he remarked. Everyone in the room let out a sigh of relief.

“But... I think I have an idea. This album is mainly focused on youth, you said,” Bang PD said.

“Yes, we were thinking of highlighting the different moments in a youth’s life. The beauty of the journeys and challenges faced by youth these days in more soothing manner, rather than our uh... rebellious approach in the past,” Namjoon explained.

“Yes, that’s good. But focusing on youth with just one album is not enough, you see?” Bang PD replied. Namjoon looked at s who were equally confused.

“What I mean to say is, you have been making a lot of songs for me since how long ago. The reason for me rejecting them is because I don’t see where you’re going with it. What exactly are you trying to focus on? There was no sense of direction. So, I’m suggesting that instead of making a full studio album, we make mini albums. And divide your youth journey into different parts. The happy times and sad times. The hopeful and the melancholic. You see where I’m getting at?” Bang PD looked at the three who seemed to be contemplating on the idea.

“Ahhhh Bang PD-nim, you’re a genius!” Hoseok clapped, to which the older man chuckled.

“Yah, there’s a reason why I own this company,” the PD teased and stood up. “I’ll be leaving you guys to work on the different songs. And to clarify, you’re taking Jungkook as well on for this album?”

“Yes. And Jin-hyung.”

Bang PD nodded in approval. “Okay then.” With that, he left the recording studio.

“You’re working with your sunbaenims?” Taehyung asked in surprise. He was going home after work when Jungkook suddenly called him out of nowhere.

“YES!! Bang PD wanted me to feature in Bangtan sunbaenim’s album to boost my popularity,” Jungkook replied excitedly. Taehyung scoffed.

“Boost your popularity? How popular does your PD want you to be? You’re literally stealing hearts of everyone that I know,” Taehyung answered to which Jungkook grumbled, “But not the person that I want.”

“Because you’re a coward that’s why. How many years has it been, Jeon?” Taehyung laughed.

“Shut up hyung! You think I don’t know that?!” Jungkook whined. Taehyung shook his head as he fumbled for his keys in his bag. As he unlocked the door, he could vaguely hear someone calling him.

“I’ll give you a hint. Jimin likes people who don’t tease his height,” Taehyung advised.

“You teased about his height a lot!”

“And see where I am? In the friend zone, just like I want. Best friend zone. Besides

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter