My First Career and It's Failing

I Need To Save My Career!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Stop slacking on your job for god’s sake!” Jimin barked as he hit the sleeping body of Taehyung. Taehyung groggily woke up and rubbed his eyes. He looked up to see Jimin with his arms crossed, looking pissed.  

“I was looking for inspiration, Jimin,” Taehyung yawned as he scratched his head.

“Were you? Through sleeping?” Jimin sarcastically remarked. Taehyung lazily nodded.

“You’d be surprised Jimin. Many inspirations can be found in our dreams,” Taehyung cheekily replied as he tapped his temple. He then turned to his computer, launching his half-written article.

“You’re hopeless.” Jimin shook his head before going back to his cubicle. “Old Man Yang is not very forgiving this time, remember that!”

“Hah, Old Man Yang!”

“Mr Yang, you called?” Taehyung peeked into his boss’s office. Minutes after he woke up from his sleep, he had been unexpectedly summoned by him. Gulping, he had made his way quickly into his office.

“Yes, Taehyung. Come in,” the greying man replied. Taehyung slowly approached him and stood by the table.

“Please sit down; we have a lot to discuss.” Taehyung nodded and clumsily dragged the chair before sitting down. He looked at the smiling man, knowing that he was screwed as the man never smile brightly unless he was reprimanding his employees or firing them. Taehyung prayed that it was not the latter; he was desperate for this job.

Mr Yang reached from the drawer under his table and pulled out a few articles that Taehyung recognised were his. Taehyung pursed his lips and began tapping his fingers on his thighs, anxious on what was to come. Mr Yang began reciting his written articles.

“The Loneliest Whale in the World. Do Aliens Exist and Are We Ready for Them? Top 10 Conspiracies about the US Moon Landing. All of these; they were written by you, right?” Mr Yang casually asked. Taehyung nodded immediately.

“Any favourites?” he asked. Taehyung blinked in shock, wondering if the man was serious.

“Uh... the lonely whale?”

“Why?”

“Pardon?”

“Why did you write it and why is it your favourite?”

“I figured that I should raise awareness about the whale. I mean it’s sad, a whale that can’t find her fellow whales because she’s on a different frequency and that made her lonely...?” Taehyung didn’t dare to look into Mr Yang’s eyes.

“Is that all?”

“Well, I guess I wanted to tell the readers that you might feel lonely because you’re different but to never lose hope. I mean this topic is pretty relatable to the readers and I just want to convey the message to the readers...”

“Exactly!” A slam on the table shocked Taehyung so much that he jumped on his seat. Taehyung looked up to the same smiling man and bit his lips nervously.

“We are supposed to connect to the readers, write something that interests them!” Taehyung looked at his boss in confusion. Mr Yang realised that Taehyung didn’t understand what he was implying and let out a heavy sigh.

“Taehyung, I know that you think these things are interesting but it doesn’t mean that the public does. No one wants to read conspiracy theories or about the existence of aliens,” Mr Yang lifted a finger before Taehyung could protest, “maybe a few, yes, but not all. We must think of the greater good, Taehyung. We’re talking about business here!”

Taehyung leaned back and nodded. Mr Yang let out another sigh again. “Look Taehyung, I’ll give you 3 months. If you can’t interest the public with your articles, I’m afraid that I’ll have to let you go.”

Taehyung whipped his head up and Mr Yang couldn’t hel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter