Happiness & Anger

If Possible

Needless to say, Sana had a terrible sleep. Tzuyu hadn’t come back home and she couldn’t help but think that the younger one was avoiding her. She washed up and headed to the kitchen when she heard the front door open.

If looks could kill, Tzuyu knew she’d be dead right now.

“What happened to I’ll see you later?” Sana asked, really annoyed.

“I’m sorry Unnie. I fell asleep at Jihyo Unnie’s house.” Tzuyu replied sheepishly.

Sana didn’t say anything and Tzuyu knew she was upset.

“Unnie, how about we go out today, hmm? Just us two?” Tzuyu suggested.

Sana’s face immediately lit up at Tzuyu’s suggestion.

“Let’s go out for lunch and then we can sit by Han River!” Sana squealed excitedly.

Tzuyu didn’t know how to react to the fact that Sana was so excited to go out with her. But then again, they haven’t talked properly in a while.

“Alright Unnie, I’ll just get changed and come back to the kitchen.” Tzuyu replied.

Tzuyu came down in a few minutes after getting ready and they both headed out to Sana’s car. Sana decided to take them to a restaurant they were both familiar to. Tzuyu realised how many things she had missed out on learning including the fact that Sana had topped her class in marks for one of her units at university. Tzuyu excused herself to go to the bathroom after a while, heading to a vacant stall.

“You know; the bet is going well! My brother has that Sana chick wrapped around his finger. He’s a playboy but how do girls get smitten with the whole ‘I’ll only look at you talk’. Yeah of course Jungkook Oppa knows the rules.” Tzuyu heard a girl say.

What the ? – Tzuyu

Tzuyu kept her calm and waited for the person to leave their stall before she went out too. Why the hell would people play with someone’s feelings like this? She has to warn Sana Unnie about it but how would she even approach the subject? For now, she’ll keep it to herself. She smiled and walked back to the table.

“I thought the toilet swallowed you whole!” Sana teased.

Tzuyu laughed at her impatience as they headed out the restaurant to go to the river. They both had a special spot there that they always sat on. It was near a gigantic tree that they had engraved their initials on when they were little. (A/N: I don't know if that's legal but it's cute :P)

“Tzu, you know I’ve honestly never been happier. Jungkook treats me so well and showers me with so much care and appreciation. I wish I had met him before. I think I love him already.” Sana said.

Guilt was eating away at Tzuyu. For sure that meant that if she told Sana about the bet, she wouldn’t believe her.

“What do you think of him?” She suddenly asked Tzuyu.

“It’s not like my opinion matters anyway…” Tzuyu mumbled.

“Hmm? What did you say?” Sana asked.

“Do you want an honest answer?” Tzuyu asked Sana.

Sana nodded in response and Tzuyu told her what she’d been itching to say.

“Honestly, I don’t like him. I think he’ll hurt you. You know I’m always going to be worried about you right. I just think something about him ticks me off.” Tzuyu let out.

“Can you try liking him at least? For me? I really think he’s no longer the same person you think he is. He’s changed.” Said Sana.

If only you knew the truth – Tzuyu.

“I’ll try Unnie. If it makes you happy.” Tzuyu responded, giving Sana a fake smile.

“Thanks Tzu. He’ll actually be picking me up later so you can talk to him!” Sana squealed.

If I see that guy, the first thing I’m going to do is punch him! – Tzuyu.

“Do you have anyone you like Tzu?” Sana asked.

Tzuyu wasn’t expecting the question at all and she was curious how she was going to answer it without giving it away.

“There is a person. I really like them and I’ve liked them for a while. But I haven’t confessed yet. I don’t think I can confess. It’s a one-sided love and that person only sees me as a sister. They like someone else anyway.” Tzuyu answered.

It must be the girl from the coffee shop! I forgot her name. – Sana

“That person must be lucky to be liked by you. The way you treat your friends is already amazing, being your girlfriend must be even better.” Sana teased.

Wouldn’t you like to know? – Tzuyu

“You know; you should probably confess to them.” Sana advised.

“Ha, no I shouldn’t. I’m too scared it’ll ruin our friendship. Can we stop talking about my non-existent love life?” Tzuyu replied.

“You really should Tzu; they might get away from you.” Sana said seriously,

But they already have! You already have! What do I have to lose if I confess to her? – Tzuyu

“I’ll do it when I get home then Unnie. I’ll type out the message now and set up an automatic sending option so that I won’t chicken out.” Tzuyu said.

So their conversation drifted off to a more suitable topic of discussion after Tzuyu finished writing up the confession. They spent a few hours more together before Sana got a call from Jungkook saying he arrived to pick them up.

Jungkook again? I can finally confront him. – Tzuyu

Jungkook smirked as soon as they walked towards his car. Oh, what Tzuyu wanted to do to wipe that smirk off his face.

“Hey Jungkook, can I talk to you for a minute?” Tzuyu asked, getting a confused look from Sana.

“Yeah, what do you want?” Jungkook asked rudely.

“What are you betting on?” Tzuyu asked.

“Huh? What do you mean?” Jungkook said smugly.

“I SAID, WHY ARE YOU PLANNING ON HURTING SANA WITH A ING BET!” Tzuyu shouted, punching Jungkook.

Sana saw and heard the exchange and ran towards them both, checking on Jungkook’s injury.

“Ya, Chou Tzuyu! Why the hell did you do that?” Sana screamed.

“He has a bet on you. To see if you fall in love with him within a month.” Tzuyu seethed.

“What the hell are you saying! I would never hurt Sana!” Jungkook said fakely, smiling cockily.

“Do you have any evidence Tzu?” Sana tested.

“No –” Tzuyu was cut off by a slap.

She held her red cheek, not being able to believe the fact that Sana had just slapped her. She knew what difficulties Tzuyu had been brought up with, yet she still…

“If you don’t, then you shouldn’t accuse people of wrong things!” Sana scolded.

Tzuyu was too shocked to say anything. She knew Sana wouldn’t believe her but not to this extent.

“You know what, I really can’t believe you would do such a thing Tzuyu. I hate you! I really do! I knew you didn’t like him but to make up lies… that’s just unforgiveable. Maybe this was the reason your parents were abusive towards you. I never want to see you again.” Sana continued.

That… that was a little too much, wasn’t it? – Sana

Tzuyu inhaled sharply at the words that same out of Sana’s words. Never, she never expected Sana to say those words in her entire life.

Low blow Sana. That was a ing low blow. – Tzuyu

“Alright. I’ll stay true to your words. I’ll stay out of your way. I’ll make sure you never see me again.” Tzuyu said coldly.

I felt like I did the right thing in the moment, but why does it feel like I’ve done the opposite? Why does it feel like I just did the stupidest thing in my entire life? – Sana

Is this what happens when you trust people? It had been so hard trying to find people who understood you and didn’t judge you. Had I misinterpreted her wrongly this entire time? – Tzuyu.

Tzuyu immediately walked to their shared apartment and packed her things. Words can’t describe how she’s feeling right now. She lost her best friend. She feels so hurt and angry. How could Sana even utter those words? She called Jihyo and told her everything that happened.

“She WHAT? How the can she dare to even do that! You, Chou Tzuyu, come outside with your stuff immediately. I’ll be there in 15 minutes.” Jihyo screamed into the phone.

The good thing was that Tzuyu didn’t have a lot of things to pack. She didn’t like hoarding things too much. She shot out a message to the other friends of hers, telling them that she was no longer staying with Sana and that they had a fight. No one asked a thing. They knew that the fight must be serious enough if Tzuyu had moved out of their room.

Tzuyu was still in a daze when she reached Jihyo’s apartment. Right now, she didn’t want to go to university, she didn’t want to work, she didn’t want to do anything.

“Unnie, I don’t know what to do.” Tzuyu said, crying into Jihyo’s shoulder.

“Stay here for a few days at least. After that, I think you need to leave this place for a while Chewy. Take leave off university and go overseas. My parents have a house there you can stay in and I’m sure they can set up a job for you there.” Jihyo advised.

“I can’t hassle your parents like that Unnie. They’ve already done so much for me.” Tzuyu said through her tears.

“They would skin me alive if I didn’t say this, you know that.” Jihyo said.

Tzuyu appreciated it and sincerely considered it. She needed to get away from here. Sana didn’t want to see her anymore, what was she staying for? Going overseas might just be the perfect thing to help her get back on track. For sure, she was not in the right place now.

“Alright Unnie. I’ll go. I think it’s best for me, even if I don’t want to leave everyone behind. Can the others come over so I can explain to them and talk to them?” Tzuyu said.

“Of course Chewy. I’ll be right by your side.” Jihyo replied, hugging the tall girl who had started crying again.

Sana on the other hand… Sana was feeling terrible. She really didn’t know what came over her to say such things to her best friend. Words were one thing, she even slapped her. Knowing how she grew up, Sana can’t believe she lay a harmful hand on her. All these years, she had admired the younger girl. With everything she had been through, she became such a wonderful person. She can’t believe she hurt her.

Jungkook had denied the accusation of the bet and Sana believed him. After all, there was no reason for him to lie.

As Sana walked into her apartment, her heart sunk even lower than before. All of Tzuyu’s things were indeed gone. Without her presence, the apartment was so plain. She added so much colour to the place, why did Sana notice only when she was gone. Why did she hurt her as much as she did? Some part of her wished it was all a nightmare that she could wake up from.

But it wasn’t. It wasn’t a nightmare. – Sana

Her phone suddenly vibrated and she fished it out of her pocket to see that it was a message from Tzuyu.

Unnie, you told me to confess right? I’m going to take your advice. I’ve liked you for years now Sana Unnie. When I’m with you, I feel like I can achieve anything in the world. You make me laugh and smile like nobody else can. I don’t want my confession to affect your relationship with Jungkook Oppa okay? Since you convinced me to do this, I did it for your sake. I hope you’ll be happy with him Unnie. I really wish I was in his spot. He gets to date such an amazing girl like you. So Unnie, you were that special girl! I hope this doesn’t affect our relationship, that’s why I never confessed in the first place. But actually, doing this makes my heart feel lighter. You don’t have to give an answer Unnie, I already know Oppa is in your heart. It really does feel good to finally let you know.

I screwed up more than I thought I did. She’s had feelings for me and I lashed out at her. Why did I not notice it? I’m such an idiot! – Sana

The others all piled into Jihyo’s apartment, curious as to why they were all called to one place.

“You’re all probably wondering why you’re here right?” Tzuyu asked them.

They all eagerly nodded and waited for Tzuyu to talk as she sighed deeply. Jihyo squeezed her hand as motivation.

“I’m going to be living overseas for a while. I won’t be at university or seeing you around. I need some time after what happened.” Tzuyu started.

The others were all immediately teary. The maknae had edged her way into their hearts and they all honestly loved her. It would be hard not having her around to tease them and bully them occasionally.

Tzuyu explained everything. Explained her fight with Sana, how she heard about the bet and she finally decided to tell them about her past.

No one spoke a word, they were all shocked by Tzuyu’s words.

How could Sana not believe Tzuyu? – Jeongyeon

Is this why she was never in physical contact with us? – Dahyun

What she must have gone through… it can never be explained. – Chaeyoung

“When’s your flight Tzuyu-ah?” Nayeon asked.

“It’s on Saturday morning.” Tzuyu answered.

“So soon? What about Sana Unnie?” Mina asked about her friend.

“I would appreciate it if you don’t tell her I left. After all, it’s not like she cares anyway.” Tzuyu answered, sniffling.

Jihyo knew this was her cue to comfort the girl. Tzuyu flinched a bit when Jihyo hugged her but eventually settled down.

Did she just flinch because of my contact? Sana Unnie… what did you do? – Jihyo

Tzuyu cried her heart out; she couldn’t keep it in anymore. She’s tried to be strong for too long. She eventually drifted to sleep and Jihyo carried her to one of the beds, tucking her in and closing her door.

The others waited for Jihyo to come back to the lounge.

“Has anyone talked to Sana Unnie?” She asked them.

They all shook their heads and Jihyo swore under her breath. Knowing Sana, she’s probably overthinking everything and worrying.

“Mina and Chaeyoung, can you two go and check on her? She might’ve hurt Tzuyu but she’s probably in pain too.” Jihyo suggested.

The couple nodded and headed off to check on Sana while the remaining friends huddled together in worry for the young girl.

Mina knocked on Sana’s apartment door and Sana immediately whipped it open. Both her and Chaeyoung noticed her pained expression when she saw who was behind the door. She was expecting Tzuyu to be there.

“Mina, Mina, what did I do?” Sana immediately whimpered as soon as they were inside.

Mina and Chaeyoung shared a worried look. Both their friends were in pain because of this awful fight.

Mina simply hugged the crying girl, trying to soothe her crying and comfort her. Sana was forced to eat a little bit before exhaustion took over and she fell asleep. The day had impacted on her emotional health a lot more than she expected it too. Mostly because she couldn't believe she could be so stupid; mostly because she had hurt the one person she really cared about. She had to talk to Tzuyu.

In all honesty, Sana intended to apologise to her best friend the next day but as luck would have it, she wasn’t in her classes.

Of course she would change her classes, I told her to disappear. – Sana.

She expected to see her at lunch in the cafeteria but she wasn’t there either. The others knew that Tzuyu was home.

“Don’t worry Sana Unnie, she’s at home and resting. Jihyo Unnie is taking care of her.” Said Chaeyoung.

At home and resting? Jihyo Unnie? Why did all of this make me upset? Why was I feeling angry and annoyed? I shouldn’t be; I should be understanding of the fact that I caused her so much pain she wouldn’t want to see me. – Sana


A/N: Sorry if you think that Tzuyu's confession was too cowardly! I just thought that it was an easy way for her to finally confess....

This update came earlier than I expected! xD

I'm sorry for not being able to post everyday like my other story ~

Anyway, hope you liked the update!