Past & Future

If Possible

The huge group of friends decided to pile in at Jihyo’s house. Elkie and Yeeun on the other hand, decided to head back to her apartment again, wanting to let Tzuyu spend some quality time with her friends. Jihyo already told the others that they would be sneaking out of the house, leaving the two best friends to talk. While she was worried about Tzuyu’s emotional stability about revisiting the past events, she was also worried about how Sana was going to approach the topic to begin with. Sure, leaving them by themselves wouldn’t be the best idea but there was no other way Sana was going to talk to Tzuyu other than pushing her to do it. Neither of the two knew about the plan and Jihyo wanted to keep it that way. All Mina and Chaeyoung had to do was keep their mouths shut. Nayeon and Jeongyeon opted to ‘drop’ Elkie and Yeeun off at her apartment before ‘coming back’.

Dahyun, Momo, Mina and Chaeyoung weaselled out of the house by suddenly remembering they had a double date later at night. Much to their surprise, Tzuyu and Sana didn’t suspect a thing. Jihyo was the only person left to leave now and she already knew she could use her parents as a scapegoat.

“I’ll be back very soon I promise! Just make yourselves at home.” Jihyo shouted as she left the house.

The atmosphere between the two was less tense and more so awkward. Neither of them knew what to say to the other. It had been quite a while since they had even seen each other and they had no idea on what to say.

“I’m sorry.” Sana mumbled.

Tzuyu, who was staring at the carpet with much fascination, whipped her head up at Sana’s words. She had finally heard her speak since she’d landed in Korea.

“I’m sorry for everything Tzu – Tzuyu.” Started Sana, assuming that she didn’t have the right to call her Tzu. “I regret everything and absolutely all of it. I regretted it as soon as it came out of my mouth. I regretted laying a harmful finger on you. I’m so disappointed in myself and what I did. I regret hurting you the way I did. Hell, I wouldn’t even talk to me if I were in your position. I don’t deserve you and I never deserved you in the first place. You’re too precious in this crazy world and I should’ve treasured you with everything I had.” Sana was sobbing and her words were becoming harder to understand.

Tzuyu was conflicted on what to do. Does she comfort her or leave her be? She knew when Sana talked sincerely and she knew this was from the bottom of her heart. Yes, she had forgiven her already but was Tzuyu ready to trust Sana again? She walked towards Sana and gently pat her head in an effort to stop her crying.

“Unnie, I – I don’t know what to say. What happened that day… it was a terrible experience for me. I really trusted you Unnie, more than anyone else. Your words and actions didn’t just wound me; they tore me apart. I was a wreck. I cried myself to sleep for nights, I didn’t eat and I rarely slept. It wasn’t until Jihyo Unnie dragged me out of bed that I even got up. She decided that it would be better for me to go overseas and get some peace. I talked to someone about what happened when I was overseas and it helped me a lot. I had a hard time coming to terms with what happened between us so talking to someone was the closest thing I had to comfort. That wasn’t the only thing I talked about; I discussed my hatred for physical contact. With a lot of sessions, I was finally able to become less frightened with it. That’s why I was so open to hugs and touches when I came back. Unnie, I’m not angry at you anymore… I’m just afraid to get hurt. I’m just afraid to trust you Unnie. I – you were the first person I trusted after what happened to me, you know? As we got to know each other better, I really trusted you and told you everything. I thought you deserved at least that much from me since I can’t offer much myself.” Tzuyu said softly.

“I promise I won’t hurt you again. I would go out of my mind if I ever did. Tzuyu, you giving your friendship to anyone is the most precious thing in the world itself. I was just stupid enough not to appreciate it enough. The fact that you already forgave me, it really shatters my heart. I really don’t even deserve to be forgiven for my actions. I will earn your trust Tzuyu, I promise. I will do everything I can to prove that you can trust me.” Sana said sincerely.

Tzuyu would be lying if she said that she wasn’t touched by Sana’s sincerity. It really tugged on the strings in her heart. But she was curious why Sana was so dedicated to the cause.

“You’re curious why I want this so much aren’t you? It’s because the guilt is eating at me, and has been eating at me from the moment I let the words slip out of my mouth. You deserve the absolute best Tzuyu; and I want to be able to do that for you.” Said Sana, smiling at Tzuyu’s surprised face.

“You started reading minds while I was gone or something?” Tzuyu teased.

“No, I just know what you’re thinking Tzuyu.” Sana answered, blushing.

Why was she blushing? – Tzuyu

“You know; I find that my name sounds awkward when you say it.” Tzuyu said truthfully.

“Wh-What?” Sana stuttered.

Tzuyu realised that came out differently to what she intended.

“No, I meant you calling me Tzuyu instead of Tzu.” Tzuyu said, flicking Sana’s forehead.

“O-Oh.” Sana stuttered again, turning a deeper shade of red while she held her forehead in agony.

Tzuyu smiled at Sana’s blushing. This was a good start to their broken friendship and she hoped it would get even better. Things were actually looking good for the two of them.

Tzuyu had found a proper job nearby the apartment she shared with Elkie. She revealed the news with her friends who were all really proud of her but out of them all, Sana was the proudest. She knew how long Tzuyu had waited for this moment in her life. She immediately called Tzuyu when she got the news of her employment.

“Congrats Tzu! I’m so happy for you!” Sana squealed on the phone.

Tzuyu had to keep the phone a metre away from her ear because of how loud her best friend was.

“Why are you more excited than I am?” Tzuyu scoffed.

“Because I know how special this is to you. You’ve been wanting this for a while Tzu and I’m really, really proud of you.” Sana said sincerely.

Truth be told, her words really touched Tzuyu’s heart. Somehow when she left, Sana’s become more sincere and straightforward with her words and she was extremely glad for it.

“Tzu, are you free tonight?” Sana asked.

“Hmm, I should be. Why, what’s up?” Tzuyu asked.

“We have to celebrate silly! My treat! I’ll come pick you up at 7!” Sana said.

“Oh, right. Of course you have to treat me Unnie! You promised when we were younger.” Tzuyu teased.

“Psht, you were waiting for me to treat you since forever.” Sana teased.

“Obviously Unnie! Alright, I have to go do some things for work so I’ll see you later okay? Take care Unnie.” Said Tzuyu, hanging up.

, how the hell has she already won over my trust! I was meant to make her work for it. I can still act a little cold sometimes, heh. – Tzuyu

Sana was glad that she would get to see Tzuyu today. Now she had to think of a thoughtful present to gift her that would show her true and sincere feelings. She was trying really hard to put more effort into her words when she expressed them. All these years, she had finally realised she had loved the girl too and she hurt her in the worst way possible. Sana decided to go shopping for something. She had an idea of what she wanted to get in her mind but she didn’t know if it was possible to have it made.

Apparently, it could be done in a couple of hours so now Sana had to browse around to kill time. She still continuously thought about the fight between her and Tzuyu because the guilt still ate at her. All that time they were best friends, Sana realised she just wanted to stay with Tzuyu all the time. That’s what she thought at least. But she thinks she was in fact afraid; afraid of the fact that her heart felt so weird when she was around her best friend. Was it normal to feel your heart beating like crazy around your best friend? Instead of trying to figure it all out, Sana distanced herself from Tzuyu instead. She really thinks it was the worst decision in her life.(A/N: this is so common in all my stories smh)

The fact that Tzuyu distanced herself from Sana really affected her. It was her own fault and she knew that but she felt hurt. Some part of her thinks she did deserve the suffering she was going through but other times she just wishes Tzuyu could notice the fact that Sana did indeed like her. It was only when she got the same treatment from Tzuyu as she did to her, that she realised how much it would’ve hurt. That’s why Sana was glad that Tzuyu was talking to her, adding to that, she said yes to hang out together. That’s why she was going to do everything she can to make things right between them. That’s why she was going to prove her love in the most sincere way possible.

As Sana drove to pick up Tzuyu, her heart was going all kinds of crazy. Tzuyu’s present was in her pocket and Sana kept fiddling around with it, making sure she didn’t lose it. She knocked on the front door of Elkie’s apartment, holding flowers too while she tried to calm her heart. She heard shuffling inside the house and a few curses, no doubt from Tzuyu before the door opened. Sana held in a gasp when she saw her best friend on the other side of the door.

Why the hell did she look so damn pretty? – Sana

Sana blushed at her own thoughts before she remembered to give the flowers to Tzuyu.

“Congratulations Tzu!” Sana squealed, immediately hugging Tzuyu.

Sana was a little hesitant in going for the hug and Tzuyu had noticed this.

“It’s okay to hug me Unnie, I promise.” Tzuyu whispered.

Sana was extremely teary when Tzuyu said this. It was one thing to talk to her but it was another thing to be allowed to hug her when she was the reason for Tzuyu’s pain. She looked down and Tzuyu knew she was crying.

“Unnie, I’m really hungry right now. Can you stop crying so you can feed me please?” Tzuyu teased as she wiped away Sana's tears

Sana’s sobs turned into sniffles and she looked up at Tzuyu who gave her a massive smile.

“We can’t have that now, can we?” Sana mumbled, before they headed towards her car.

The car ride was filled with light chatter and banter between the two. Without realising, they had already reached their destination.

“Seriously, Sana Unnie? This is the place you chose?” Tzuyu said, quite shocked.

“It’s a special place…” Sana mumbled, slightly sad because of Tzuyu’s reaction.

“No, No, I meant in a good way?” Tzuyu tried to convince Sana.

“Not helping Tzu. That’s not very convincing.” Sana replied, pouting.

“I’m just really surprised Unnie. I thought you forgot about this place.” Tzuyu said truthfully.

Sana only snickered and led Tzuyu inside the restaurant where they first met. She had actually organised the dinner specifically for just the two of them, reserving a booth away from the noisy people who crowding the place at night. Sana thanked the person who led them to their booth before they both sat down.

“Order whatever you want, okay?” Sana suggested.

“Yes, because there’s always such a variety of things to order from a fast food restaurant Unnie.” Tzuyu teased.

“It seems to me that you don’t want me to treat you Tzu.” Retorted Sana, sticking her tongue out.

Tzuyu sighed in defeat and waited for someone to grab their order. Sana had hanging open at the list of things Tzuyu asked for.

“Did you invite someone else? Hide someone in your bag?” Sana teased.

“You said you would treat me and didn’t say how much I could eat.” Tzuyu responded.

“I regret it now.” Sana mumbled under her breath.

“Hmm?” Tzuyu asked, unable to hear what Sana said.

“Eat anything you want to.” Sana said.

I heard what you said Unnie – Tzuyu

“Where is this place you’re working at?” Sana asked, curious.

“Oh, it’s at *****. It’s a really good and reputable place apparently.” Tzuyu replied.

When Sana didn’t say anything, Tzuyu looked up to see her best friend’s shocked face.

“What?” Tzuyu questioned.

“Th-That’s where I work! This is great! We can go to work together in the morning! I’ll come pick you up!” Squealed Sana.

Tzuyu laughed at Sana’s excitement. She herself, felt a lot happier knowing that she was working in the same company as Sana. It made her feel like she could be comfortable at the workplace with some sense of familiarity.

“Why did you choose this place today Unnie?” Tzuyu asked, changing the topic

“It was where I first met you. I thought it would be nice to come back here.” Sana answered truthfully.

“That was such an embarrassing day. I can’t believe I spilt my juice on you.” Tzuyu shook her head, laughing.

“Yeah, but I’m really glad I could be friends with you, even after everything I did.” Sana muttered.

“Sana Unnie, you have to stop feeling guilty. It’s in the past now, okay? I just know that I need to continue talking to you or else I’ll lose my mind.” Tzuyu said sincerely.

“Thank you Tzuyu, really.” Said Sana.

“I can’t believe you didn’t eat and rarely slept when I was gone. Tsk, tsk.” Tzuyu scolded, making Sana blush.

“Oh, stop it already. You didn’t do it either!” Sana replied.

Tzuyu only stuck out her tongue as their food arrived at their table, pushing away any further teasing between the two. Sana’s protests about Tzuyu finishing all the food she ordered disappeared as she Tzuyu consumed everything on the table. She ate slowly, seemingly trying to appreciate each bite and devouring it. Sana was finished long before Tzuyu so she took out the present from her bag and fiddled with it until Tzuyu was done.

“I have one last thing to give you Tzu.” Sana started, bringing up the present and putting it in front of Tzuyu.

Tzuyu looked at the item with curiousity. She honestly didn’t expect anything else from Sana because the dinner was enough. She slowly unwrapped the present and gasped when she saw what was inside. It was a beautiful bracelet that had a special charm on it, hanging at the front. There was also some kind of engraving on the inside of the bracelet. Tzuyu squinted a little bit and finally made out the words.

A new beginning

Thousands of thoughts ran around in Tzuyu’s mind about the meaning of the phrase. She knew Sana would explain eventually. She held her hand out to Sana, telling her to put in on her hand.

“It really is beautiful.” Tzuyu mumbled, playing with the bracelet.

“The main reason I came here today wasn’t only because it was where I first met you. I brought you here today because it was where everything began. I know you keep telling me not to think about the past, but I will; because it’s shameful. With this, I want to ask you if we can start again; if we can go back to the start. The guilty feeling will forever linger in my heart but if you let us start afresh, maybe some of it would go away. If possible, do you think we can have a new beginning? Do you think we can go back to the start?” Said Sana, getting quite emotional now.

Tzuyu was once again touched by Sana’s sincerity. She was once again shaken by her words. Why did she even think that Sana would have to prove that she was trustworthy? She knew that whatever happened, she would always forgive her. No matter how many times Sana hurt her, she would always pardon her mistakes.

Is it because I love her? I think so. – Tzuyu

Tzuyu smiled and nodded. “Let’s go back to the start.”


A/N: This is the final chapter :')

The story will have a sequel though so stay tuned!

Hope you liked it xD

/bows out/