Loneliness & Companionship

If Possible

Tzuyu asks herself why she always causes herself pain. She thinks she deserves better by why does she never change? Why does she have feelings for her best friend when the other person clearly doesn’t. It was clear that Minatozaki Sana only saw her as a sister and nothing more. After all, she did always refer to Tzuyu as “cute little sister”. Tzuyu knows the reason behind why she will never let go, why she doesn’t say anything. Having Sana as her best friend is the closest thing to the happiness she desires. If she said anything to her, Tzuyu is afraid she will lose her best friend forever.

Her friends know that she was in love with the Japanese girl. She was constantly teased about it by them. They don’t understand how Sana can be so blind and oblivious to all of Tzuyu’s looks and touches.

After a long day of university, Tzuyu was looking forward to eating something from the cafeteria. She was waiting for the others who seemed to be running late as well.

“Tzuyu, where’s your other half?” Dahyun teased as she sat next to me in the cafeteria.

The truth was that she hadn’t seen her at all in the past two weeks. Even though they roomed together, Sana often came late and Tzuyu left in the morning. They never saw each other on the campus or in their classes. Dahyun, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu were smarter for their age so they were on the same learning level as the others; Nayeon, Jeongyeon, Momo, Sana, Jihyo and Sana.

I don’t know… I really don’t know. – Tzuyu

Everyone came in and sat on the table, Jihyo and Tzuyu being the only ones not in a relationship. She watched in longing as they sat with their respective girlfriends, feeding each other and having flirty exchanges.

What would it be like if Sana Unnie and I were together? – Tzuyu

Everyone could tell the maknae was sad about Sana’s lack of presence. Jihyo was the one who always comforted her and Tzuyu trusted her the most other than Sana. That’s why no one was surprised that Jihyo was the one who had enveloped the younger one in a hug.

“She’ll be here soon. Don’t worry.” Jihyo whispered.

Tzuyu often hated touching others, but only two of them were an exception. Sana and Jihyo. Their touches didn’t make her feel threatened by their contacts. Threatened? Tzuyu was raised by abusive parents when she was a child. She was moved around different homes after her parents were taken to jail for their abuse. When she was 18, Tzuyu decided to become independent. She roomed with Sana and worked three part-time jobs to pay for rent and her own necessities.

It was hard for her to deal with everything but she was glad that she had Jihyo’s parents in her life. They treated Tzuyu like they treat Jihyo, like their own daughter. Their love and care has helped Tzuyu in the toughest of times.

Tzuyu and Jihyo hadn’t noticed the change in the others’ faces. They were confused and possibly mad.

What the hell is happening? – Nayeon

Why is she hanging out with him? – Momo

What does this mean? – Mina

Everyone was confused when Sana, their Sana, had walked in arm in arm with the university playboy.

They didn’t want their maknae to be heartbroken at the sight so they nudged Jihyo to take her away so she wouldn’t see the sight.

But it seemed like luck had it out for Tzuyu. Sana was heading to their table, bringing along the playboy.

It would seem like Tzuyu immediately sensed Sana’s presence, looking up to find her best friend. She was happy to see her but her smile dropped when she saw that there was someone else hanging with her. She faked a smile, but everyone on the table knew it was fake. Only one person could possibly fall for it, Minatozaki Sana. Jihyo held Tzuyu’s hand in concern as Sana had finally reached the table.

“Oh, you’re finally here Unnie!” Squealed Chaeyoung, getting up to hug her and earning daggers from Mina.

“Chaeyoung, I think your girlfriend is going to kill me with her eyes.” Sana said, laughing.

Mina turned slightly red and Chaeyoung just sat down next to her, not forgetting to kiss her on her cheek. She knew Mina was weak for them. Mina just put a protective arm around Chaeyoung and kissed Chaeyoung’s head.

“Everyone, I have to introduce you to someone. This is my boyfriend Jungkook.” Sana exclaimed.

Tzuyu’s world seemed to shatter at that moment. Her best friend had a boyfriend. Jihyo held Tzuyu’s hand tighter. The latter seemed to be keeping in her emotions with difficulty. Jihyo looked at Tzuyu with concern. Her heart had already dealt with years of pain and it was still going. Sometimes she wishes that Tzuyu would just confess to the Japanese girl, but she knew Tzuyu wouldn’t. She prized her relationship with Sana unlike anyone else in her life.

When Tzuyu and Jungkook’s gazes locked, he simply smiled smugly. Tzuyu would like to think that Sana made her choice to date the playboy for a reason. Everyone knew he was a playboy on campus. She just hoped that Sana’s heart wouldn’t be broken in this relationship. She really hoped that she wouldn’t be hurt because of the guy’s nature.

Tzuyu couldn’t stay in the cafeteria any longer, she decided to leave. Her chair scraped against the floor in the surprisingly quiet place, making all the gazes of the table occupants and the new couple land on her. Tzuyu excused herself, Jihyo following the younger after explaining to Sana, who was extremely confused.

“She wasn’t feeling well earlier. Don’t worry about it.” Jihyo explained, earning a smile from Sana.

Something was eating at Sana. Something was telling her that there was another reason Tzuyu had left. But she wasn’t going to believe in her thoughts this time. Why would she? She always gets these types of thoughts about other people and it was never right. This time wouldn’t be any different.

Jihyo had taken Tzuyu out for her favourite ice-cream, knowing it would make her feel slightly better. No other food makes her happy like ice-cream does. It’s as if it has healing properties.

“Unnie, can I ask you for a favour?” Tzuyu asked Jihyo.

“Hmm? Sure, what is it Tzuyu-ah?” Jihyo answered.

“Can I stay in your apartment for tonight? I don’t think I can see Sana Unnie today.” Tzuyu whispered, the feelings rising up again.

“Of course Tzuyu-ah. But you know Sana Unnie will be worried.” Jihyo responded.

“Ah, she won’t. She isn’t home at night anyways. If she will, I’ll just tell her I fell asleep at your apartment.” Tzuyu replied.

Jihyo nodded and hugged Tzuyu. She really needed someone right now. After all, she knew exactly how it felt when you like someone and they don’t notice your feelings.

If she wasn’t straight as a ruler herself, she would’ve asked Tzuyu to become her girlfriend. After everything the Taiwanese girl has been through, she deserves so much love and appreciation. That’s why Jihyo always took care of her and protected her. It was the least she could do for the girl who had gone through so much.

“How about we have a movie marathon tonight?” Jihyo suggested.

Tzuyu’s eyes widened in excitement and hugged Jihyo.

“But I get to pick!” Tzuyu said, trying to win Jihyo with her puppy eyes.

“As long as it’s not horror, anything is fine.” Jihyo warned.

Tzuyu smirked after Jihyo said this and the latter couldn’t be more afraid of what was to come later tonight. She was already regretting asking Tzuyu to join her for the marathon.

Someone help me! – Jihyo

They finished their ice-cream and Tzuyu had to go to work, so they parted ways.

Tzuyu was walking slowly to her workplace when she saw a familiar sight that she hated already. Jungkook was leaning against a wall, talking to another girl.

Tzuyu scoffed at the playboy’s behaviour. One never changes their true personality. She ignored them and walked on. She couldn’t exactly barge in there for no reason. They weren’t even flirting so Tzuyu couldn’t complain to Sana about the boy.

The boss greeted her as she walked in the coffee shop. Jeon Somi was a lovely person, always caring and smiling. It always made Tzuyu smile automatically.

The hours seemed to move slowly when she working. There were often days where there were few customers in the coffee shop and it seemed like today would be another one of those days.

“Unnie, are you okay?” Somi asked her.

“Hmm? Oh, I am Somi-ya. I’m just not feeling very happy right now.” Tzuyu responded.

“It’s about Sana Unnie isn’t it?” Somi asked.

Tzuyu had told Somi all about her problems with Sana Unnie and her one-sided love with her best friend.

“It is Somi-ya. She’s dating.” Tzuyu answered.

“’Who is she dating? Do I know them?” Somi questioned.

“Who wouldn’t know him. She’s dating Jeon Jungkook.” Tzuyu snickered.

“No way! Doesn’t she know about him? Why would she…” Somi replied.

“I don’t know and I’m really worried Somi-ya. I’m worried to the point that it’s making me tired of everything else.” Tzuyu said sadly.

“Tzuyu Unnie, why don’t you clock out. The next person is here and you can take early leave. Your wage is in your box.” Said Somi, pointing towards the place.

Somi was younger than Tzuyu, yes. She had wanted to show that she was responsible to her parents so she decided to convince them to let her open a coffee shop. They had become quite close ever since she had gotten the job. The younger girl was just so easy to talk to and rely on.

Tzuyu changed her uniform and pocketed the money, walking to her house she shared with Sana before she realised she was going in the wrong direction. She was mean to be going to Jihyo’s house.

She didn’t know how to get to her house since they always travelled as a group. Tzuyu decided to dial Jihyo’s number and get instructions to her house but the older girl wouldn’t have it, saying she was coming to pick her up.

“Tzuyu?” She heard someone call.

Tzuyu looked around to see the one person she didn’t have the courage to talk to yet. She let go of her feelings and played pretend.

“Oh, Unnie!” Tzuyu squealed, hugging Sana.

“What are you doing here?” Sana asked.

“Ah, I just finished work so I was going to head to Jihyo Unnie’s house. She’s picking me up from here.” Tzuyu replied.

Sana seemed to be affected by her words, but why? She didn’t know why it affected her. She knew that Tzuyu was close to Jihyo so why did she feel angry right now.

Why were they spending so much time together? – Sana

“Unnie, were you even listening to me?” Tzuyu said, pouting.

“Huh?” Sana replied, dazed.

“You really weren’t listening. I said that Jungkook Oppa is waiting for you there.” Tzuyu repeated, pointing to a figure.

“Tzu–” Sana was cut off by Jihyo’s beep.

“Oh, I’ll see you later Unnie, have a nice date!” Tzuyu shouted before she sat in Jihyo’s car.

For some reason, Sana couldn’t help but think that she was losing her best friend.

Tzuyu went back to her brooding self when she sat in Jihyo’s car.

“You okay Chewy?” She asked Tzuyu, worried about her.

“Hmm? Oh, yes Unnie. I just met Sana Unnie before you came.” Tzuyu answered.

That explains her mood – Jihyo

They arrived at Jihyo’s apartment in a short while, Tzuyu immediately heading over to Jihyo’s collection of movies.

“Unnie, you have no horror movies!” Tzuyu complained.

“I told you I hate them! Why would I keep any?” Jihyo teased.

Jihyo ordered them dinner and walked over to Tzuyu who had movies lined up in front of her. The truth was that she hid all the horror movies she owned, knowing Tzuyu would pick them.

Tzuyu must be in quite a mood. She chose the saddest movies in Jihyo’s collection. From The Fault In Our Stars to Titanic and even The Notebook. Jihyo would be crying a lot tonight, that was for sure.

What possessed me to have a movie marathon with a devil? – Jihyo

“Alright, let’s start the first movie now shall we?” Said Tzuyu, putting in The Notebook and sliding under the fort they had created for the night.


A/N: Ay, first chapter is up! This was actually two chapters but I just made it into one instead >:)

Hope you like the start! Oh btw, the JiTzu ship isn't a romantic one; it's just a really good friendship one xD

P.S: I'm always sick of Mark being the bad guy in stories so I decided to go with someone else instead! (let's just assume Jungkook is the same age as Sana)