Zoning Out (ft. Jungkook and Taehyung of BTS)

The Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Zoning Out 

Taehyung sighed for the nth time today, not even ten minutes into his last class and the lecture is already draining the life out of him. "Just this class, keeping me from enjoying my weeekend!"  He stares up at the ceiling in boredom, he much rather be playing videos or hanging out with friends than listening to the monotonous voice of Mr. Park drag on and on for another hour. "Hurry up time! Can this get more boring than it all ready is? Who really cares about how an apple fell on Issac Newton's head?" He wonders to himself, zoning out completely until he notices something lands on his desk harshly. It startles him enough of make him flinch. His teacher frowns that the boy his ruler tapping rhythmically against his student's desktop.

"Zoning out once again, Mr. Kim?" Mr. Park asks sharply, his patience wearing thin as the 17-year old, grins sheepishly. "Sorry seonsaeng. Just got distracted. It won't happen again." Taehyung says insincerely as he shrugs his shoulder. He watches as the young  teacher walks back up to his podium, making sure that he isn't in hearing range before speaking to himself. "It isn't my fault your class the life out of everyone." He mumbles while looking down as he doodles a picture of Mr. Park being attacked my a pack of wolves. Suddenly, his paper his ripped out of his hands.

"Care to say that again Mr. Kim?" Mr. Park is now towering over the surprised boy's desk, staring at the drawing in anger. Before the boy has a chance to explain, he is dragged up from his desk. "Mr. Park....I can ex-plain." The boy stutters, as he is pulled to the front of the room, before being pushed onto his knees facing his fellow classmates. "Lift your arms up boy!" Mr. Park growls harshly, smacking the boy's forearms lightly with his ruler. "Now let's see if you'll have anymore distractions, now that your are up here." 

Mr.Park resumes teaching despite having the younger kneeling in punishment position, as if it were any other normal day. As for Taehyung, he grits his teeth everytime he notices a look of pity thrown his way by the other students. Forty five minutes go by, until the final bell rings. Soon enough the halls are filled with 
lively chatter, everyone excited for the upcoming weekend. Everyone except for Taehyung that is.

"Alright Tae, you can get up now. Go sit at your desk." Mr. Park says lightly as he walks over to his desk phone in hand. Stretching his sore arms the younger pouts as he drags his feet over to his chair, plopping down with a big huff. "Jimin hyunggggg my arms hurrrrtttttt!!" He whines loudly, rubbing the soreness in his muscles. However, the older male just shakes his head as he approaches the boy. He takes the chair from the desk in front of Taehyung's and turns it around to face the boy, before taking a seat. "Trust me they won't be the only thing hurting today. But what I want to know is, why you acted the way you did today. Really Tae? Zoning out, talking back, and this." 

He sets down the piece of paper that Taehyung was doddling on earlier. The younger boy just shrugs without saying anything. Jimin sighs reaching for his phone in his front pocket. "You are a very bright kid Tae, I don't know why you are wasting your time zoning out in class. 
Is there something going on that I should know about?" Jimin furrows his eyebrows in concern, as he notices how nervous the boy seems. Now it's Taehyung's turn to sigh, the boy smiles sheepishly while bringing his hand to rub the back of his nape.

"Uhh it's not that hyung, its just that Physics isn't my favorite topic that's all." Jimin looks at his younger friend  his expression saying that he is not taking that as an excuse. After a few moments, the younger boy sighs in defeat. "Fine....The class is boring hyung, but you make it super boring hyung. I mean come on, you are only six years older than me and you picked this as your major? I don't see why it's interesting to you. I mean no offense, but you should really look into something else. I'm just being honest hyung, I don't mean to hurt your feelings." Taehyung says bluntly, giving the older male a small pout.

Jimin stares at the boy blanking, causing the younger to shift awkwardly. Suddenly, Jimin lets out an amused chuckle. "Really Tae? Come on buddy, I can't be that boring!" He giggles at the smile spreading across the younger's face. Taehyung nods in agreement with what he said. "You are hyunggggg! I don't know how dull it can be sometimes. Please try to lighten up the lectures, I can't focus when all I hear is blah blah blah." Taehyung mimics the older's teaching voice causing the Jimin to laugh more. "Deal kiddo, but please try to concentrate. And no more doddling, you know how strict this school is about not staying on task. If it were any other teacher, you would have gotten swatted. Okay?" 

"Okay hyung, no more distractions. Promise!" The boy smiles while giving his hyung a hug. Jimin nods, standing up along with the boy. He points to his phone before putting it away. "Okay Tae, I won't tell Kookie about what happened today. Just no more shenanigans. I don't want you to get into trouble with him." Taehyung nods in agreement thinking about his caretaker, Jeon Jungkook. "Thank you hyung." Jimin smiles at the boy, taking his hand to lead him towards the door. "No problem Tae, now go enjoy your weekend break. I won't be able to hangout this weekend so let the guys know okay? I'm going to the city to visit my parents." Nodding the boy smiles, before turning to walk away. "Have a nice trip hyung~ see you Monday!" Taehyung waves as Jimin smiles and shuts the door.
______

The weekend goes by in a blur, just as every weekend does during the school year. Monday morning arrives with a knock on Taehyung's door. "Taetae it's time to get up. I made breakfast!" Taehyung groans as his peace dream is being invaded by continuous knocks. "Go away Kookie! Let me sleeeppp!" He whines when he hears his door being pushed open. Moments later his blanket is being ripped off of him. "Come on love, you need to get ready for classes we can't be late." A soft voice says, as Taehyung whines at his loss of warmth. "Fine...you win. I'll be out in a minute." Taehyung pouts, which is met with a gentle chuckle. "Okay, I'll be in the kitchen."

As soon as he hears the footsteps exit his room, Taehyung throws himself back underneath the covers. "I still can't believe that I'm older than him." He mumbles sleepily, closing his eyes as he remembers the first time he met the one and only Jeon Jongkook.

< 4 months ago>

Taehyung sat in the beautifully furnished auditorium along with all the other newly registered students. From what his heard of from the others around was that this school ranked 1st in South Korea. Which probably explains why its so expensive, however what he didn't understand was that according to the internet, no such place exists. As he looked around one thing that he also noticed was that there was absolutely no female in sight. "All male academy?" He wondered, when suddenly  two men walked onto the stage. The first to speak was the smaller of the two, who introduced himself as Kim Jaejoong the son of founder of the institution. He was very pretty for a man, big doe eyes, fair porcelain skin, plump lips, giving him a beautiful appearance overall.

"Hello gentleman, I'm headmaster Kim Jaejoong. I would like to introduce you to my partner Jung Yuhno also the headmaster. We are here today to welcome you to our fine academy. Now looking around you will notice that this is no normal school. All of you here are brilliant students who have been either expelled or sent away from your schools due to behavioural misconduct. Am I correct?" Jaejoong's eyes scan the crowd of about thirty or so boys, shyly nodding in agreement. Taehyung finds himself nodding as well. "It wasn't my fault that my last principal decided to park his car where I was hosting my paintball war...even if it was in his own driveway. It was just a prank." Snapping out of his thoughts he jumps when he notices Jaejoong speaking to him.

"You mister, are you listening?" Jaejoong points to him as everyone turns to look at the small brunette. Taehyung's widen slightly, not wanting to get into any trouble he shakes his head. Jaejoong sighs, but nods. "Okay as I was saying, being here is not punishment. We are actually ranked the best in the nation, as we not only care for your academic process. Here you will learn how to build character, to become the fine gentlemen you will grow to be." Jaejoong's keeps his eyes on the boy, watching him shift away out of nervousness. Taehyung looks down and listens until Yuhno steps up.

"Alright boys, something else that is important to know is that here we take the process of growth very seriously. We ensure that eac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter