Chapter 4. New Realizations.

The Once and Future Kingdom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

My hair is flying each and every which way through the night. Junior has his face a little too close to mine but I get it cause my hair would be in his face. We have slowed our pace but we are still going deeper into the woods. I want to say something to the man behind me but something tells me I should stay quiet. It’s getting colder and colder as we creep though. The moonlight barely shows through the trees cause the forest is so thick. I was about to gain the courage to say something when I heard something crunch that wasn't caused from us.

Junior slowly reaches for his sword looking in all directions. The forests are known to hold many different personalities and creatures. You can never be too sure what could show itself. We start moving a little, slowly creeping through. All of a sudden, a loud rustle was heard to the left of us. Junior immediately flung his sword out, careful to not hit me, as he turned to the culprit. I, being too afraid to look, decided to take a small peek cause there was silence and when I turned my head, I was met with the wide eyes of a very bushy tailed rabbit.

I could hear Junior take a small sigh of relief as he put his sword back into its holder. He grabbed the reins and we started moving forward again. The atmosphere was for some reason more brighter than it was before. The forest wasn’t as frightening as it was just moments ago. Due to it being autumn, and probably the most coldest season in the past few years, I was slightly shivering since all I had on was a white thinly made white gown from my cleansing and anointing ceremony. My crimson robe was apparently taken when I woke in that barn.

All of a sudden I feel Junior let go with one hand to reach behind him to take his own cloak and place it over my shoulders.

“What are you doing?” I say a little too fast.

“You’re cold.” I didn’t realize how close he really was to my ear.

“But this is yours, I can’t take it” I start reaching for it to take it off myself when he places a light hand on my left shoulder.

“No. You’re a Queen, you should be treated as such.” Every word comes out with so much gentleness that it made me slightly relax and a bit tired. I didn’t realize how tired I am.

 

“Thank you.” I say with a bit of hesitance. I want, no I need to ask him a question.

“Who are you? And why did that man, JB or whatever, go against the leader? Why am I even here with you?” Okay, maybe several questions.

“I am Junior, but you can call me Jinyoung. As for the other answers you seek, you’ll have to wait till all of us are together again.” I just nod, knowing he can see it.

After about 15 minutes of comfortable silence, drowsiness was starting to overcome me. I could feel myself nodding off only to be woken by myself to stay awake. After another minute of me nodding off, I felt myself nearly falling off the horse only to have Junior or Jinyoung to grab a hold of me before I plummeted to the ground.

“You know, you could rest against me if you like, I know how tired you must be. And I wouldn’t want you falling off the horse.”

I mentally debate with myself if I should or not cause I don’t even know him, and well, I don’t know him. But I’m so sleepy. Maybe it’s not that bad.

I slowly lean my back against his chest. “Are you sure you don’t mind? I don’t want you to feel uncomfortable.” I barely get out cause of the giant yawn that almost interrupted me.

“No, it’s not a problem your highness.” He says with a slight laugh.

I lay my head against his shoulder neck area, probably getting a little too comfortable but oh well. I close my eyes relishing in the comfort of being able to finally shut my tired eyes.

“You can just call me Lexa or Lex. I don’t really care.” Another yawn escapes me.

He lets out a laugh, “Okay, Lex.”

That’s the last I remember before falling i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter