Chapter 3. New Order.

The Once and Future Kingdom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cold water splashes harshly against my face and I wake up gasping for air. I look around trying to see where I am, however everything is just so blurring and I can’t see straight, probably from the blow I took earlier. There is a certain smell surrounding me and I can’t exactly pin point what it is. I’m on my knees with my arms tied behind my back.

“The princess finally wakes. It’s been nearly four days. Thought you were dead.” Says the old man who threw my brothers head on the ground. I can’t look him in the eye.

“Where am I.” I hoarsely choke out.

“That doesn’t matter. What matters is, is that you are here and you are definitely worth a lot. Especially to the Wolf King.”

I chuckle bitterly at his response “Yeah, the self proclaimed ‘wolf king’.”

A rough slap to my face resounds in the room. “Watch your mouth girl!”

“Hey, hands off the girl for now, we still got to deliver her alive.” A new voice enters the conversation.

I look up only to see the young man, the one who grabbed me and knocked me unconscious. We have a small staring contest before he slowly makes his way to me. Unafraid, I hold his gaze, I hold it with much disgust and fierceness in my eyes.

“Seems you have found your courage, princess.” He kneels in front of me to get on my level.

“However, you better save that for later, you’ll need it.” He smirks and gets up and walks back to where he came from.

Soon everyone files out of the room and I am left alone. It is very dimly lit, with only a candle lighting up the room. It seems that I am in some part of a barn of some sort. There is hay every where.

I attempt to get myself free from the rope that is keeping me here. However it is really tight. It is wrapped around a wooden beam, which is probably what is keeping the roof from collapsing. After what seems like an hour, I stop since there is no use and i’m sure my wrists are bleeding cause i can feel the raw pain searing from the slight pull of the rope against my skin. 

 

I stay up looking around and trying to plan a strategy to get out before I fall into a very uncomfortable sleep.


By the time I wake up, it’s barely dawn. I can see through the cracks of the barn that the sun is rising. No one has bothered to check or wake me up at all. Which I definitely consider as a blessing. Gathering my senses, I look around the newly lit room and see all that I can use to my advantage once i put my plan into action. As I’m looking, soon a new face I haven't seen before, walks in with a plate and shuts the door behind him.

“Um, Hi. I was told to bring this in here to you and uh..feed you since your uh hands are ya know, tied up right now.” He says very awkwardly as he tries to stifle a laugh from his joke.

I keep a straight face and just stare at him.

“I don’t want to eat. For all I know you or your men could have poisoned it.”

“No! I promise i didn't poison it or anyone else did either. I made it myself. Plus we wouldn't kill you, at least not yet.” He says with a dorky smile on his face.

I turn my head slightly to the right as I inspect the food on the silver plate. I hesitantly left my chin and gesture to the fruit on the plate as I avoid his eyes.

He crosses his legs as he sits in front of me. He picks up a berry and brings it to my mouth and I look at it, then look at him. I uneasily and slowly open my mouth to take it. I honestly don’t remember the last time I ate. It tasted really good.

After a while I started eating the food without worrying about it. Started with the fruit, then with the meat, and then taking bites of the bread. I ended up getting thirsty and asked if I could have a drink. The boy got up and went and got me some water. I ended up eating everything on the plate, much to my surprise.

“Wow you eat really well. Better than all the girls I’ve seen eat.” Said the boy with wide eyes as he inspected the plate then my stomach. I stuck my tongue at him.

“What’s your name?” I ask, hoping to possibly find someone friendly here.

“My name is Yugyeom.” The boy says as he smiles, he honestly isn’t that bad. At least compared to his comrades.

“How old are you Yugyeom?”

“I don’t really know to be honest, but I think I may be 18.” He says as he tilts his head to the side and looks into nothing.

“That’s pretty young to be going to battle don’t you think.”

“I could say the same to you, you’re basically the Queen of your kingdom now.” He says with a little attitude.

“Okay, okay, I get it.” I shake my head a little and grin at the boy.

“Hey! You smiled! You’re not a mean as the other guys said you were.”

Soon one of the men comes in, who I assume has some type of authority. And me and Yugyeom snap our heads towards the door.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter