Special Bonus: Verkwan

Red Strings of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dealing with the Diva

Word Count: 3198

“So when are we going to get to meet this Jihoon guy you always talk about?” Seungkwan said in between gulps of water.

 

“I’m still trying to convince him to join.” Soonyoung ended up announcing to nearly every member of the dance club, who were all intrigued by Soonyoung’s sudden infatuation with a boy named Jihoon.

 

Jihoon ended up joining the club 2 weeks later after Seungcheol heard about it. While it slightly annoyed Soonyoung that Seungcheol had joined as well because even he could spot the way Seungcheol’s eyes would sometimes linger on Jihoon a few moments then they should and the way Seungcheol was the only one who could hug Jihoon. He was envious. He just hoped it’s because of how long they have known each other, but deep down he knew it was definitely something more. They just didn’t know it yet.

 

“Ah! So you must be Jihoon! I’m Seungkwan!” Seungkwan introduced himself almost immediately. He was slightly shocked that this was the type of guy Soonyoung had fallen for. Soonyoung was bright, lighthearted and cheerful, but Jihoon looked grumpy and serious, even with his cute appearance. It was something about the way the boy held himself. He looked slightly insecure, but he spread his feet about and crossed his arms to hide it or at least in the hopes that no one will question him on it though. It must be working for Jihoon though as no one had questioned it so far and Seungkwan had no plans to do so, his specialty was creating a happy mood so getting involved in the issue would only spread the tension.

 

“It’s nice to meet you, Seungkwan.” Jihoon bows and Seungkwan feels a shiver run down his spine, when he notices Jihoon staring at Seungkwan’s right hand. Scared there was something on it, Seungkwan’s eyes slowly moved down to his hand and to his surprise, there was nothing. His hand didn’t look any different. He wondered if Jihoon just had such powerful vision that he could see the smallest pieces of bacteria on Seungkwan’s hand. However, Seungkwan quickly snapped out of it and bowed back to Jihoon, before turning to the boy who had arrived with Jihoon.

 

“And you are?” Seungkwan smiled.

 

“Choi Seungcheol, this guy’s best friend.” Seungcheol smiled back, bowing to Seungkwan before also shaking his hand. Seungcheol and Jihoon exchanged a quick glance and then Seungcheol released Seungkwan’s hand as if Jihoon and Seungcheol had exchanged some sort of code. Seungkwan made it his life's goal to find out every secret about the two after that. He didn’t care much about their relationship, but they were quite clearly hiding something.

 

“I see. It’s nice to meet you, Seungcheol and you too Jihoon.” Seungkwan had to resist grinning.

 

“Ok, go away now you creep.” Soonyoung pushed Seungkwan away, before he could interrogate them or potentially traumatise his crush. “Go play with Chan or something.”

 

“Fine.” Seungkwan whined, wondering over to Chan and Junhui to moan about how annoying Soonyoung is.

 

A few weeks later, Seungkwan found himself hugging a crying Soonyoung. Why Soonyoung had come to him of all people is a question he can ask later. For now, Seungkwan needed to focus on getting Soonyoung to stop crying. Soonyoung had been so upbeat yesterday when he told Seungkwan his plan to confess that it shocked him to see Soonyoung so upset, which meant that Jihoon had turned him down. Seungkwan sort of expected it. He had seen the way Jihoon looks at Seungcheol, even if Jihoon wasn’t aware he was doing such things.

 

“It’s ok, Soonyoung. You’ll find someone even better than Jihoon one day.” Seungkwan patted Soonyoung’s head, “I, Boo Seungkwan, promise that!” He laughed, but Soonyoung still stayed with his head in Seungkwan’s chest, crying. “Besides, Jihoon can be pretty grumpy anyway. Don’t you want someone who would always be smiling beside you? Someone who would make you so happy it felt like the sun was beaming down on only you?” Seungkwan added.

 

“Jihoon said something like that as well.” Soonyoung murmured into Seungkwan’s head. “I just really liked him. He’s so hardworking and even if he doesn’t show it, he cares. He cares so much. Seungcheol told me that Jihoon wanted to become a singer, but he was hesitating because of his father. There was also the time, I sprained my ankle and Jihoon carried me all the way to the nurse, even though it was quite obvious he was struggling. I mean, he moaned about it the whole way, but he still carried me.”

 

“Are you sure you don’t just admire Jihoon? Admiration and love can sometimes be confused. Like I admire Beyonce, but that doesn’t mean I love her.” Seungkwan explained and Soonyoung slowly nodded. They stayed in that position for a while, until Seungkwan got pins and needles and they had to move.

 

A few weeks later, Soonyoung found his sun and Seungkwan was proud. He couldn’t help feeling that Jihoon had something to do with it, but if he did, nothing was said. Seungkwan just allowed himself to get annoyed at Soonyoung for taking 2 years to confess to Seokmin. However, at the same time Seungkwan was getting annoyed at the fact everyone was finding love.

 

“Seungkwan! Truth or dare?” Jihoon asked from the other end of the table. Soonyoung was in his 3rd year at highschool now and Seungkwan was in his 1st. The others always moaned that he, Soonyoung and Seokmin were too loud, but he didn’t care. It was their own fault for agreeing to play whatever game Seungkwan thought of that day.

 

“Dare!” Seungkwan announced. He wasn’t expecting anything challenging as Jihoon didn’t seem to display any interest in this game, but at the same time, who knows what Jihoon is capable of.

 

“You see that guy sitting alone over there?” Jihoon pointed to a table that had one guy that at it. Seungkwan nodded. “I dare you to ask him on a date.” Jihoon smirked. He didn’t plan on telling Seungkwan that the boy at that table was Seungkwan’s soulmate.

 

“A date?!” Seungkwan nearly choked on thin air. Jihoon just nodded. “I trusted you, Jihoon!”

 

“Don’t worry too much, Seungkwan.” Seungcheol added, “Besides, the guy looks kind of attractive from here.”

 

“I hate you all.” Seungkwan moaned, vowing in his mind to never suggest truth or dare again. He rose from his seat and shot the group one last hopeful look, before approaching the boy. Once there Seungkwan coughed slightly, “Hi, can I sit here?” He asked and the boy nodded. “I don’t think we’ve met before. I’m Seungkwan.” Seungkwan introduced himself.

 

“I’m Hansol, but most of my friends call me Vernon.” Hansol responded, removing the earphone he had in, to show he was paying attention.

 

Seungkwan hesitated for a minute, before getting straight to business. “Listen my friends and I were just playing truth or dare and they just dared me to ask you on a date, so go on a date with me, please?” Seungkwan stated and anyone, other than Jihoon, would have been annoyed at Seungkwan giving away that this was a dare, but Jihoon didn’t care as long as the two started interacting. The rest was basically set in place.

 

“Wait, so you want me to go on a fake date with you because you were dared to?” Hansol confirmed and Seungkwan nodded. “Sure, on one condition.”

 

“What is it? I mean if it’s a no kissing policy, then that’s fine with me, I’m saving these lips for my soulmate anyway!” Seungkwan quized.

 

“No. No. Just can you pretend to be my boyfriend? I made a bet with my friend on who could get a boyfriend, or girlfriend, first, and I don’t want to lose to him. Please, I can’t lose to him. I don’t have the money to lose to him!” Hansol grabbed Seungkwan’s hands out of nervousness.

 

“Sure, so should we pretend to go on a couple of dates and then claim that we’re now dating?” Seungkwan plotted.

 

“Sounds good.” Hansol agreed, before spotting the friend he made the bet with approaching, “. He’s coming. Give me your phone number quickly. I’ll text you and then we can arrange it all properly.” He passed Seungkwan his phone and Seungkwan quickly added his number to Hansol’s contacts, before returning the phone and running off.

 

“Bye!” Seungkwan called back. He sat down with his friends and glanced at Hansol, who was now sat with his friend.

 

“You look annoying smug.” Jihoon stated. “I take it he said yes?”

 

“Of course! Who could resist Boo Seungkwan’s charms?” Seungkwan struck several poses.

 

“Most people. It’s not a hard task.” Jihoon answered, causing Seungkwan to pout, “So where are you planning on going on your date?”

 

“I’m not sure. A cafe maybe? Get hot drinks. Walk round town. Maybe see a movie?” Seungkwan thought about it.

 

“Going to a cafe sounds nice.” Soonyoung smirked. “It would make it so much easier for us to keep an eye on you.”

 

“Nu-uh.” Seungkwan straight away began to protect himself, “There is no way I am going to the cafe Jihoon and most of you guys work at.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter