Special Bonus: Meanie

Red Strings of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cupid in Action

Word Count: 2200

Mingyu was one of Jihoon’s close friends and to put it simply, Mingyu was terrified of Jihoon. It was quite rational, considering what went down the first time they met.

 

“Hey, Seungcheol!” Mingyu waved, as he spotted Seungcheol enter the cantine with a certain pink haired boy, “Who’s this?” Mingyu had only met Seungcheol that morning, as it was Mingyu’s first day in highschool and Seungcheol was responsible for showing the freshman around. Mingyu didn’t miss the way, Jihoon’s eyes stared at his left hand, but he didn’t question it.

 

“This is my best friend, Woozi.” Seungcheol draped an arm over Jihoon, resting his head on Jihoon’s, which earned him an swollen foot from Jihoon, who, of course, stomped on Seungcheol’s foot to get him off.

 

“Ignore him.” Jihoon moved away from Seungcheol, “He’s just a nuisance. I’m Jihoon.” He stuck a hand towards Mingyu and gave him a small smile.

 

“So cute.” Mingyu was about to receive the handshake, when he heard a small tsk sound from Jihoon. The next minute, Jihoon was about a metre away from hitting Mingyu with a guitar and the giant was borderline tears in the corner. Thankfully, Seungcheol stopped Jihoon before anything bad happened. After that incident, Mingyu was a lot more careful around Jihoon and he seemed to have gained a fear of guitars and Jihoon. However, that did not stop Mingyu from becoming friends with Jihoon. Mingyu was lucky to have met Jihoon because a few months later, Jihoon assisted in Mingyu meeting Wonwoo.

 

“Jihoon.” Mingyu whined, “Why do you always have to bully me?” He wasn’t expecting an answer because Jihoon would never admit that the reason was that Mingyu was irritatingly taller than him. Mingyu went to shuffle forward in the queue in the coffee.

 

“Fine, I’ll do some nice for once.” Jihoon stated, before promptly tripping Mingyu up. However, Mingyu was greeted with a softer landing than expected, when he realised that Jihoon, being the jerk he is, had tripped him into someone.

 

“Ow.” The guy moaned.

 

“I’m so sorry.” Mingyu went to move away and noticed that, not only had he been tripped into the guy, he had caused the guy to spill his drink over himself. He quickly got up and extended a hand to help the guy get up. “I’m so sorry. My friend tripped me up. He can be such a jerk sometimes.”

 

“It’s ok.” The guy accepted his offer and within a second, was also standing. “It’s only burning hot coffee.”

 

“. I’m so sorry. Do you want to come to mine and we can clean you up? I don’t live that far away.” Mingyu grabbed a few tissues from a nearby table and desperately tried to get rid of some of the coffee on the other guy, “Do you also want another coffee? I can buy you one to apologise.”

 

“Isn’t that kind of creepy?” The guy laughed. “Offering to let a stranger go to your house? For all you know, I could be an axe murderer.” Mingyu suddenly realised what he had asked and began to stutter.

 

“It’s fine, Mingyu. Wonwoo is not an axe murderer.” Jihoon nudged the giant.

 

“Wait! You know him?” Mingyu gasped.

 

“Yeah. He’s in my English class.” Jihoon shrugged.

 

“So don’t worry. I know that Jihoon can be a jerk.” Wonwoo laughed and Mingyu swore that he could listen to that laugh forever, but then realised what he was swearing and started panicking. “And I would love if we went to your house so I could clean up because this is really beginning to burn.”

 

“Ah yeah! Let’s go.” Mingyu grabbed Wonwoo’s arm on instinct and began to lead him out of the coffee shop.

 

“You two go! I’ll buy us all coffee and then meet you guys.” Jihoon grinned at the closeness of the red string of fate binding Mingyu and Wonwoo.

 

“Ok.” Mingyu responded, before both him and Wonwoo disappeared out of the door. Once outside, Mingyu let go of Wonwoo’s hand. “Right! Let’s go!” Mingyu smiled, walking down the street. “I’m Mingyu by the way!”

 

“Wonwoo.” Wonwoo responded, following Mingyu down the street to Mingyu’s house. When they got there, Mingyu leant Wonwoo a towel and eventually ended up lending Wonwoo a shirt as well, allowing Wonwoo some privacy to change.

 

After the coffee incident, Wonwoo and Mingyu saw each other more often and ended up becoming close friends. Wonwoo quickly learnt about Mingyu’s extreme clumsiness and how Mingyu, Seungkwan, Seungcheol and Jihoon would pull faces at Soonyoung and Seokmin’s flirting, which was made even more annoying by the fact that they weren't an official couple even with all the hand holding, but at least, most of them thought it wouldn't be long until one of them finally confessed instead of beating around the bush. However, the others got even more frustrated by the fact that Mingyu and Wonwoo were taking their sweet time in realising that they were both desperately in love with each other and it was Wonwoo who stepped up and managed to start changing everything. It all happened in Mingyu's second year.

 

It was a regular school day, except today, Wonwoo had called Mingyu up to the rooftop. They hadn’t managed to sneak away unnoticed though and Seungcheol and Jihoon were hiding nearby. Seungcheol had asked why they had to watch and Jihoon had told him that he was researching. What was he researching? We’ll never know.

 

“So what do you need?” Mingyu asked, grinning like a child.

 

“Well,” Wonwoo was unable to meet Mingyu’s eyes. “We’ve been friends for a quite some time, but I was kind of hoping we could be more than that. You know?” Wonwoo glanced at Mingyu’s face.

 

“You want to be best friends?” Mingyu asked, “Sure.”

 

“No, something more than that. I like you a lot.” Wonwoo groaned slightly. How thickheaded could Mingyu be?

 

“Best friends forever?” Mingyu raised, “I mean, won’t Junhui be jealous? You’re pretty close with him afterall.”

 

Wonwoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter