Empty Space

Fragmentary

Empty Space

LeoBin

★★★

Taekwoon couldn't help but stare at the empty space beside him, his heart weighing heavily in his chest. His eyes stinging with unshed tears as he tried to keep his composure during the event. Not even the comforting touches or the reassuring words from the other members were able to help him. All he could think about was Hongbin. How Hongbin would make jokes during fansigns. How he would laugh at the smallest of things - covering his mirth with his hands. How he would playfully annoy Taekwoon, and make him do silly things despite the glares and warnings he would receive from him.


How Hongbin is now lying in a hospital bed, fighting for his life.

Taekwoon could barely hear the other members reassuring their fans about Hongbin's condition. "Don't worry, Hongbinnie will be okay! He'll be back in no time!"

Taekwoon resisted the urge to yell at them. To call them liars. Hongbin was not okay! He was in the hospital, with only machines keeping him alive. Pallid as the walls he was surrounded with. Dangerously close to death. How was he okay?!

Taekwoon bit his lip from saying a scathing remark. How could they say that when they didn't even know when Hongbin would wake up. If he'll wake up at all. Taekwoon's nails dug into his skin as the thought plagued his mind. 

He felt a hand squeeze his, followed by Hakyeon's soft voice. "Taekwoon-ah, don't worry."

He almost hissed out that he'll stop worrying if they got Hongbin to wake up. But he held his tongue. A rational part of his mind told him that they were just as worried as he was - that Hakyeon hadn't slept for days, that Jaehwan hadn't been eating properly, that Wonshik had been crying himself to sleep, that Sanghyuk had been lacking his usual mischievousness and have been unusually silent ever since the accident.

But Taekwoon couldn't help himself. They shouldn't be here, doing their activities while Hongbin was in a limbo of life and death. He should be on Hongbin's side, waiting to greet him when he woke up.

Taekwoon felt his stomach churn again as his traitorous mind taunted him with thoughts of Hongbin being unable to escape his slumber. His breath got caught in his throat once again and his eyes pricked with tears that he tried to hold back. His gaze darted back to the empty seat and imagined how Hongbin would be if he was awake and well - laughing at the strangest things and sharing looks with Taekwoon while bothering him under the table with nudges and light kicks.

Taekwoon wouldn't even mind if Hongbin bothered him to his heart's content. He just wanted him to be okay and be able to smile at Taekwoon again. He wanted to see him bright with life while wrapped in his arms once more. Taekwoon just wanted Hongbin to wake up and fill that empty space again.

Not even aware of it, a tear slowly slid down his cheek.


A/N: Den sent me this pic prompt on Twitter and I ended up writing this angst thing QvQ I was going to fluff but... it ended in angst I-- idk even... it may also have something to do with me seeing a pic of that time in Moorim wherein Chiang was sent to the hospital