Model Aesthetics

Fragmentary

Model Aesthetics

Hinted Hongbin x All

★★★

Hongbin crossed his arms as he eyed his chosen models. His gaze skimming from one person to the other, analysing their features, mentally taking note of how to portray them in his photographs. They all had charms of their own - so different yet all so appealing at the same time.

There was his childhood friend, Wonshik, rough-looking with his slightly roman nose, black-lined-and-down-slanted eyes, and a body that was fit as hell. Yet, despite how many saw him as some kind of delinquent due to his appearance, Wonshik had this softness that showed in Hongbin’s photographs. No matter how much Wonshik looked intimidating or seductive, there was always that warmth that seemed to seep through only Hongbin's pictures, and Hongbin took pride in that. He hadn’t been ashamed to appeal to his best friend’s soft spot for him just to get him as a model - then again, perhaps that was also the years of blackmail he had. He wasn’t sorry for that either.

Then there was Jaehwan - weirdly dressed, art major, Jaehwan, whose defined cheekbones, high nose, and full lips made him look foreign. Jaehwan, with a bright, cheerful air that naturally drew people to his positivity - a positivity that permeated even through pictures. Jaehwan had been Hongbin’s partner in one of his art subjects. They had been each other's models for quite a while, which was why Hongbin was aware of Jaehwan's photographic charms. And, considering how much the older man constantly and shamelessly flirted with him, it wasn’t all too difficult to involve him as well.

Along with Jaehwan was Sanghyuk, who wasn’t supposed to be one of Hongbin’s models. But after seeing Jaehwan’s sketches with him as reference, Hongbin just had to get him. Sanghyuk had sharp manly features - with a defined jawline, fine cheekbones, and was far too tall than necessary. But what Hongbin liked most about the younger was his childlike mischievousness that seemed to balance his appearance in photos. It must’ve been strange to have a law student involved in an art project, but Sanghyuk was all too willing to agree, and Hongbin wasn’t one to complain.

And then there was Taekwoon, who took a whole lot of persuading, yet strangely gave in eventually. With sharp feline eyes, long muscled limbs, and a mysterious aura that pulled anyone in, the school’s star soccer player was someone Hongbin had been determined to convince to be part of his project. There was just something about Taekwoon that seemed perfect to immortalise in pictures and Hongbin had been about to do anything to make him agree. Anything at all. Initially, Taekwoon didn’t seem to care about  the photographer’s offer to do something for him to participate in the shoot (despite finally agreeing), but then decided to take advantage of it when given the chance. Luckily, Taekwoon’s request had been simple: entertain his best friend and keep him company so he can stop dragging Taekwoon to wherever he pleased.

Of course, Hongbin agreed.

Hakyeon, the said best friend, hadn’t been on Hongbin’s list either. He just happened to be present when the photography major approached the soccer player to tell him the schedule for the shoot and, before Hongbin knew it, he was being pulled to the cinemas by an overly cheerful stranger at the request of Taekwoon. And, it didn’t take long before Hongbin started seeing the man’s delicate yet charismatic features, his long swan-like neck, his slender proportions, and the confident and graceful way he carried himself. Something about Hakyeon just screamed to be photographed and Hongbin would be damned if he didn’t take the chance to photograph it himself.

They were all so different. All possessing their own air of attractiveness and allure.

And Hongbin couldn't wait to show them in his photos. His artistic soul itching to capture them in beautiful images that would have people catching their breath.

"So..." Jaehwan spoke from the couch he was lounging on - a sketchpad on his lap - his tone still playfully flirtatious as he propped up his chin on his hand. "... What do want us to do, my darling Kongie? I have some ideas of my own~" Sanghyuk snorted and earned himself an elbow from the artist.

Wonshik gave Hongbin a look that was a mix of surprise, exasperation, and slight bit of accusation. A look that he  instantly recognised as oh god you didn’t tell them. Hongbin only returned it with an innocent blink that he knew didn’t fool Wonshik in the slightest.

“Are we all modelling today?” Hakyeon piped up, drawing Hongbin’s attention from his best friend to the pouting man seated on the tall stool. “I thought it was only going to be you and me.”

Sanghyuk snorted. “As if we’re letting you monopolise Hongbin again.” Jaehwan solemnly nodded in agreement.

“Jealous he likes me more than any of you?” Hakyeon taunted with a smile that had Jaehwan squawking indignantly and Sanghyuk scoffing “You wish.”

Hongbin watched the interaction in amusement - the difference in their auras so palpable like this. He was just aching to take his camera when he felt a touch to his side and was met by a pair of sharp eyes. “I have training in two hours.” Taekwoon spoke softly and the photographer couldn’t help but admire his features once again at such close proximity. “Can we start?”

Oh. Right. The photoshoot.

Fortunately, that moment, Wonshik - dear Wonshik who Hongbin could always rely on - stopped the intensifying sass battle. Unfortunately, Taekwoon didn’t move from his position and Hongbin belatedly realised that he had a hand on his waist and, judging from the way everyone else eyed the said hand, another round of the said sass battle would occur. Fortunately again, Wonshik (despite staring at Taekwoon's hand just as the others did) was quick to tell them to pay attention and all mouths were shut. Hongbin was sure to thank Wonshik with dinner later.

“We’ll be doing test shots today.” Hongbin started. “Just to see what poses you would look best in.”

“I look best in any pose, Kongie~” Jaehwan commented with a wink.

“I’m sure you do.” Was the photographer’s patronising answer. Sanghyuk and Hakyeon snickered, though Jaehwan didn’t seem to care about it.

“So, what exactly do you want us to do now?” Sanghyuk questioned.

Then there goes the look from Wonshik again. “Yeah, what exactly do you want us to do, Hongbin?”

Hongbin only smiled beatifically, not at all affected by Wonshik’s low-key scolding tone. "I'm glad you asked." He spoke as he strode towards the nearby desk, aware of the eyes following his every movement. "Let's start with something simple." He took hold of his camera and faced them.

With a wide smile and dimples prominent on his cheeks, Hongbin uttered one word.

"Strip."

"..."

"..."

"WHAT?!"


A/N: I made this AU before with Hongbin as a photographer and the others as his models and everyone else basically just agreed coz they want a piece of the Kongbooty. But, lol, the thing is, Hongbin is only attracted to their aesthetics (at first). IDK I just wanted to write something from that long forgotten AU ahahah (actually I wrote this before but I wanted to fix it into a proper drabble... I'll revisit this AU someday... coz there's a scene I really want to write but idk when I will //cries)