beep beep

Run

After Jackson had left Koko at the bar, he ran the two blocks to where the club was. Having more alone time with Rae was always good. Hopefully he wouldn’t mess up tonight and he would get to know her better. When he entered the club, he saw she was already on the dance floor showing off her amazing dance skills. He stood up against one of the beams watching and admiring her. 
When she was dancing with her boys her moves were almost robotic like but when she was dancing for fun she was moving more freely as if her life depended on it. He saw a few guys eyeing her, and he scoffed to himself. He finally decided to join her on the floor and started dancing next to her like she was his old dance partner. He was so close while dancing, they could almost touch. He bumped her and she turned to glare at him before bursting out laughing and spinning around him playfully. They kept dancing till Jackson decided to get a drink. “Want one?” 
“No Jackson, I got drunk last night because of you. I’m not drinking again.” Jackson shrugged and went to get his drink. Rae kept dancing but as she watched Jackson walk away she felt bothered by something. She remembered that morning when he seemed annoyed and what Koko had said. She found a table and decided to grab it before it was taken. Jackson found her a few moments later bringing her a Pepsi and his drink. 
Rae fiddled with her drink, trying to figure out how to ask him if he was okay. Damn, why I can’t just be more open like Koko, she thought. She knew what the answer was but hated to admit it. She pushed the thought out as she listen to Jackson talk about himself and how he really did like rapping. “I’m actually thinking about taking Jb's group in and adding both you and Mark to it if you would like.” Rae blurted out. Jackson broke out in a huge grin, taking Rae’s hands into his own. “Of course. That sounds fun, and it would mean I could spend more time with you.” Rae looked away from Jackson trying to hide the blush in her cheeks. When she looked away she caught sight of Jinyoung and Jaebum across the bar. Her hands broke from Jacksons and she waved vigorously, trying to get their attention. Jinyoung spotted her and pulled Jb across the bar with him. 
“What are you guys doing here?” Jinyoung asked. 
“Mark wanted me out of the house and get a break so Jackson and I came out dancing. What about you two?” 
Jinyoung started blushing, “Jaebum wanted us to go out dancing. It’s kind of our first date, not counting the movies.” 
“It’s cute.” Rae responded looking at Jaebum, “Well while I've got both of you guys here, I wanted to invite you and your boys to come join me at my company and I’ll train you guys to be idols.” 
Jaebum rubbed his head "Well, Youngjae and Yugyeom did seem to really enjoy themselves. I think they'll be excited that you offered. I’ll tell the others when we get home tonight and I’ll give you a call.” Rae nodded and both the boys excused themselves for the evening. 
Rae looked at her cellphone, realizing it was getting really late and she needed to get up early. “Want to do another round of dancing and then head home?” Jackson nodded, grabbing her hand and dragging her to the dance floor. A new song started and Rae jumped up and down. "Ooh, this is Shall We Dance! I love this song. If you really want to see me dance, watch me dance to this.” Jackson pulled back and Rae seemed to let go of the entire world as she danced again. Her movements were even freer than before and a large smile spread across her face. People who saw her smiled too, and followed her lead. Next thing Jackson knew, he was in the mix, laughing and dancing just like the rest of them were. 
After another hour had passed and Jackson had had a few too many beers, Rae decided it was time to head home. Both were laughing, and Rae had really enjoyed her night. Thanks to Jaebum help she was able to get a drunken Jackson home and into bed. Rae crawled herself into bed, falling asleep quickly. 
Koko was woken at some point from a beeping noise, although it was really soft. She tried getting up to investigate, but when she did Mark pulled her back down, “Just stay and ignore it.” Kokorana nodded and fell back asleep, only to be woken up a few minutes later by a much louder beeping noise. Once again she tried to get up to figure out where it was coming from and Mark once again pulled her back down telling her to go back to sleep. Koko tried, but she couldn’t get back to sleep. The beeping kept coming back and it got louder each time. At one point, she was using pillows to cover her ears. 
“What the hell is going on Mark?” She asked, seeing that he had a huge smile on his face. 
“One of two things are going to happen. One, the beeping will persist till we get up in a few hours, or two, Rae going to wake up and kill us.” 
As if Rae could hear Mark speaking of her, she started banging on the door and yelling. “Mark what the hell did you do!? Open the damn door and stop this beeping!" 
Mark was a bundle of laughter while Koko sat in fear. “I pulled this trick on her a few years back, probably right before you came. Don’t worry, I can stop the beeping whenever but I’m not.” Koko jumped on top of him about to murder him herself. “I haven’t been able to sleep because of this and now I’m going to have to deal with a very angry Rae! Why the hell did you do this?” Mark kept laughing like Koko was missing some big joke. Koko jumped up to open the door so Rae would kill Mark herself. At this point she was ready for Rae to murder her as well at least that would mean she could rest. When she went for the door Mark grabbed her pinning her to the wall. “Don’t.” he murmured in a very serious tone. Koko knew she was screwed either way and even though she didn’t like dealing with a pissed off, woken up Rae, she didn’t like dealing with an upset Mark either. She didn’t know what to do, but she knew Mark wasn’t going to let her go any time soon.
Koko started crying, “Please make it stop. The ringing is getting louder and it’s hurting my ears.” Mark just shook his head, “No.” Rae was yelling so loud she could hear Jackson getting up and asking Rae what was wrong. “Jackson get this door off its hinges now so I can get to Mark, they won’t open the door and this beeping is bugging my sleep.” Jackson knew it was best to follow Rae’s instruction and do whatever she ask. He first knock on the door trying to convince them to open. “Hey Koko answer the door, please I don’t want you to get hurt.” 
Koko tried answering but Mark covered , “Don’t. I know you want to kill me yourself but this is has to play out. I added something to this so it should help calm her down but we have to wait.” Koko was still crying and he really wanted to give in and comfort her but he knew what he was dealing with. “Do you trust me?” he asked, knowing that there was a chance she would say no. Koko stood there completely shock and she didn’t know what to answer. Koko could here Jackson doing whatever he was outside trying to get the door open. All of a sudden she heard music playing, it sounded familiar but she couldn’t tell what it was. 
“Playing Vixx is not going to stop me from hurting you, Mark.”
Mark couldn’t help but smile, “I’m going to let you go. I need you to grab a few things and were going to escape through the window, they don’t know were here, so it'll be even funnier.” Koko thought about screaming, but nodded her head in agreement. He released her and she started moving quietly around the room grabbing some clothes and some things that were important to her. 
“Mark my shoes and wallet are in the living room.” She whispered. 
“They're in the car, I took care of that earlier. That’s why it took me so long to get in here.” Koko nodded and kept packing. She heard that Jackson was close to getting door off and decided it was time to bolt. They both jump out the window and made it to the car with no problem. 
“Where are we going?” Koko asked. 
“The first place she's going to look for us is my place, we're going somewhere that I’ve never taken anyone. Just go to sleep. It’s a bit of a drive.” Koko nodded her head and looked down at her phone. She could just feel Rae was going to blow up her phone, and she was scared of what she would say. 
When Jackson finally got the door opened, he was stun to see the room was empty, he was worried for Koko. “They aren’t here, so maybe they haven’t come home yet.” Rae looked around the room going straight to the safe that Koko kept her albums. “No, they were here, Mark did this a few years ago and I told him if he ever did this again I would not let him live it down.” Rae pulled her phone out and sent a message Koko. 
“You know you’re dead right. Where are you? If you tell me the truth, I might spare you.” 
Koko immediately responded. “I don’t know, I thought we were heading to Marks place but he said that’s not where we're going. I don’t know where we're going.” 
Rae shook her head. She should have figured he would have this planned out. “Jackson, Mark keeps a spare key to his place in his desk. Go grab it for me.” Jackson stood there not knowing what to do, the face Rae had was scary, and he was worried she was going to do something bad to his place. 
Rae shook her head, reading Jacksons face. “Were not doing anything bad, just go get the key.” Jackson left coming straight back holding a set of keys. 
“I didn’t know which one it was and so I brought every key that was in his desk." 
“Urgh. I knew he would do something like this.” Rae pushed past Jackson into the living room, looking around. Her phone went off again and it was from Kokorana.
“I don’t know where were going but I think it’s to some beach house, he mentioned it’s almost two hours away. I’m sorry for running away but I was scared.”
Oh, you better be, thought Rae. As she scavenge the house looking for the spare key Koko hid, she felt Jackson’s eyes on her back. She turned around, glaring at him. 
“What!” She yelled.