"You wanna talk about it?" 4/4

Time Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s Saturday and today is the game, but Yoongi doesn’t feel ready at all. His uncle drops him and Jungkook off in front of the school as he goes to park the car. They run inside, cause of course Yoongi’s late. Well what did they expect?

“Yoongi’s here” Taehyung yells as soon as Yoongi and Jungkook enter the locker-room.

“Oh-Am I not important?” Jungkook jokes as he walks in.

“Of course you are” Taehyung runs up to him and immediately attacks his mouth. Jungkook almost falls back, but then responds to the kiss.

 

Namjoon tells everyone their positions and is about to send them out onto the court when Jungkook interrupts him.

“You should switch Soekjin with Yoongi?” they all look at him with questioning eyes.

“But Yoongi hasn’t even played with us” Namjoon tells him

“If you wanna win then you should switch them. Just trust me” Jungkook assures him.

“Can you do it?” Namjoon asks as he turns to Yoongi. He nods his head.

“Okay, Yoongi you’re shooting guard, Soekjin you’re power forward. The others stay in their position” they all nod.

“Okay circle” Taehyung yells as he stands in the middle of the locker-room already holding his hand and Jungkook’s hand in front of them.

They all stand in the circle. When Jimin notices Yoongi’s still standing in the same spot he was before, he takes his hand away and walks up to Yoongi. He grabs his hand and Yoongi’s eyes widen when he sees the sweet expression on Jimin’s face. He follows Jimin to the circle and they stand next to each. Jimin places Yoongi’s hand on the others, still holding his hand. Taehyung yells something, but Yoongi can’t focus on it with Jimin standing so close next to him. They all throw their hand up and Jimin lets go of Yoongi’s hand. Yoongi can’t help but feel sad about the loss of contact.

They all walk out onto the court, this time Jungkook runs immediately to the bench and Yoongi goes into his position with the others. He can’t help but feel nervous about playing.

“It’s gonna be okay” Taehyung assures him, Yoongi shows a small smile, but he’s not feeling any less nervous.

He looks at the other teammates and stops when his eyes meet Jimin’s. He shows a small smile and mouths the same words Taehyung just told him. And for some reason they work now. He feels less nervous as he smiles back to Jimin. He turns back to where Namjoon is standing and focuses back to the game.

The game starts. At first Yoongi messes up a few times, causing the other team to score a few points. But after a while he gets his focus back. He scores a lot of points and Namjoon is surprised how well he works with the team. He can hear Jungkook and his uncle shouting from the bench, encouraging him and he can’t help but feel happy they’re here. He even more happy that Jimin’s here. Every time he scores Jimin runs up to him to give him a high five while smiling brightly.

They’ve only got a few more minutes and they already have so many points, it’s impossible for the opposite team to catch up in such a short time. Then suddenly they hear the zoomer ring through the gymnasium, telling them the game is over. Jimin runs up to Yoongi and hugs him. Yoongi catches him, almost falling over, but then wraps his arms around Jimin tightly. When they both realize what they’re doing they quickly let go. They don’t even have time to look at each other’s expressions to figure out what the other is thinking as the other teammates come between them. Mr. Lee and Jungkook also run up to them and join their cheering. Mr. Lee pulls Yoongi into a hug and whispers a “I’m proud of you” in his ear.

 

♦♦♦♦

 

Everyone is still cheering loudly as they get into the locker-room. Yoongi walks to his locker and gets changed. Mr. Lee already went home and the others are calling Hoseok to tell him they won. When he grabs his bag he looks at his phone and sees he has 4 missed calls. Just as he’s about to look at the number his phone rings again. It’s an anonymous number, but he picks up anyways. Luckily the others stopped cheering so he’ll be able to hear the person on the other end of the line.

“Hello?”

“Yoongi you picked up” His heart drops into his stomach when he hears the voice on the other end of the line. His whole body tenses and he sits down unable to move. Everyone thing around him mutes and he tries his best to hold back the tears that are threatening to fall down his cheeks.

“-be together soon” he hears his mother’s voice. She’d been talking the whole time, but Yoongi only got the last part. He finally starts to breathe again and he tries to find the courage to speak up.

“Didn’t u-uncle Lee tell you not to talk to me” he says, his voice trembling.

“He did, honey, but I wanted to convince you I have changed. I want to fix everything between us”

“There is nothing for you to fix. Just let me live my life and you live yours” he feels a tear escape his eye.

“But, Suga, I’m free now. We-“

“They never should’ve let you go” he interrupts her, not wanting to listen to what she has to say anymore.

“You don’t mean that” she states.

“What makes you say I don’t…Stay away from me and uncle Lee. Get a new life, a better one, and find your happiness…I-I truly want you to be happy. But I don’t want you in my life anymore” he hangs up the phone, tears streaming down his face.

He puts his head in his hands before looking around the room to see if anyone saw him cry. He sighs in relieve when he sees everyone is busy talking, but then he locks his eyes with Jimin’s. Jimin is standing in the corner of the room, looking at him with a hurtful look in his eyes. Yoongi looks down at the ground and he wipes his tears away. He looks back up to Jimin and without saying anything he grabs his bag and walks out of the room.

 

♦♦♦♦

 

When Yoongi gets back home after

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter