"He deserved it" 1/4

Time Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So what happened?” Mr. Lee asks as soon as he enters the office. He sees Yoongi sitting in the chair in front of his desk. Even though the lady at the desk told him to wait in the hall, Yoongi snug in when she left for a bathroom break.

“Nothing” Yoongi shrugs. He keeps his eyes on the computer in front of him. Mr. Lee walks closer and unplugs the computer.

“I was almost at level 16” Mr. Lee looks at Yoongi and nods his head to the other chair and Yoongi gets up to sit in the chair on the opposite side of the desk. He plays with the nameplate that’s standing on the desk and has ‘Principal Lee’ written on it in a fancy font.

“Well here it says you fought with another boy in the cafeteria” Mr. Lee states putting down the paper he got from the teacher that reported Yoongi. He puts the paper in a file with Yoongi’s name on it, while eyeing Yoongi.

“He started it, so why am I the one sitting here?” he growls.

“Well cause you’re not the one who had to go to the emergency room with a broken nose” he replies plainly.

“He deserved it” Yoongi mumbled softly.

“Yoongi I’ve never had a student that got in as much trouble as you have in only two weeks. Is something wrong? I don’t understand why you keep causing trouble the whole time. You know I’m here if you wanna talk. Not as a principal, but just as your uncle”

“I’m getting good grades. I’m top of almost every class. I don’t get why I’m being lectured when I’m doing good”

“Getting good grades isn’t everything. I get that school is easy for you, but you can’t keep causing trouble just cause you’re bored. I’d have you going back to sleeping through class rather than beating up everyone that annoys you” he softly chuckles, but stops himself when he sees Yoongi’s not amused.

“Alright I’ll go back to sleeping than. Are we done?” he gets up, ready to leave.

“No, we are not. Now sit back down” he says his voice a bit irritated. With a loud groan of annoyance Yoongi does what he says and sits back down in the chair.

“Look, the board is seriously thinking about what to do about your behavior. You’re on the line of getting expelled right now. They know that you’ve been through a lot and they don’t want to make it harder for you. But you can’t keep behaving like this” Mr. Lee tells him.

“The board decided you have to get a punishment so you’ll stop causing problems. You have two options. The basketball team lost a player, cause he got…injured. Since the senior players graduated already their one player short. I know you’re good at basketball, so you could take the open spot” he looked at Yoongi with hopeful eyes.

“What’s the second option” Yoongi said coldly.

Mr. Lee sighed. “The second option is you working with the janitor and helping to clean the school after class”

“Option two” he says quickly.

“The basketball team could really use someone like y-“

“I’d choose cleaning toilets over that lame team any day” he interrupts him, looking down at his busted knuckles that are covered in dried up blood.

“You do realize the team is in the top 5 of best school basketball teams. I wouldn’t call that lame” he proudly smiles.

“It’s not the rankings that’s lame, it’s the players” he chuckles.

“You really want to clean the entire school every day instead of playing with the basketball team 3 days a week?” he asks raising his eyebrows.

“Trust me I do”  Yoongi assures him.

“Okay fine, then you’re expected at the janitor’s office right after class the next to months. And you’ll be cleaning till five” he gives in.

“What? Till five? I can’t stay till five, you know I have work” he says raising his voice a little.

“You’ll have to call your boss to tell him you can’t come” Mr. Lee states.

“For 2 months? I can’t do that I’ll get fired” he raises his hands in the air.

“Well…There’s still another option” he says a smirk appearing on his lips.

“No way” Yoongi spats as soon as he knows what his uncle is getting at.

 

♦♦♦♦

 

Yoongi wants to run away as soon as they enter the sweaty gymnasium. He sees five boys, soaked in sweat running around the gym. They’re so focused the don’t even notice him and Mr. Lee entering the gymnasium.

Yoongi looks at the boys and he can’t help but stare at the boys while they play. He can tell that the blonde haired boy and the short boy with black hair are on the defending side while the other three are trying their best to score. Normally Yoongi wouldn’t have hesitated to go up to them and join, but he really doesn’t want to play with them. He can’t stand those arrogant jock types, always walking around like they’re the most important people of this school.   

“Namjoon?” Mr. Lee calls out to a tall boy with blue hair. He gestures the boy to come over here. He turns back to his teammates, probably telling them to keep playing, before walking over to Mr. Lee.

“Hello sir” the panting boy politely greets him and nods to Yoongi, while showing a small smile. Yoongi ignores him looking back to the boys who are still playing.

“Namjoon I got someone to fill in the empty spot” Mr. Lee tells him as he puts his hand on Yoongi’s back pushing him slightly forward. Yoongi rolls his eyes while he takes a forced step forward.

“Really?” Namjoon asks dumbfounded as he eyes Yoongi. He’s really familiar with who Yoongi is since he’s always causing trouble everywhere he goes. He can tell he didn’t come her willingly so it’s probably a punishment for getting into trouble again. Namjoon doesn’t get why Yoongi isn’t expelled yet, every other student would’ve been expelled with less.

“Yoongi, this is Namjoon the leader. He’ll show you around. You don’t have to play on game days, you’re just filling the empty spot so they have enough players to play. But of course you could if you want to” he says to Yoongi.

“Now I’ll leave him to you. My office is always open if there’s something you want to talk about” he says turning his attention back to Namjoon. He shows both of them a soft smile before walking away, which Namjoon gladly returns, while Yoongi on the other hand just rolls his eyes.

“Well welcome to the team” Namjoon says cheerfully while reaching his hand out. Yoongi just sighs and puts his hands in his pockets.

“Let me introduce you to everyone” he says while signing Yoongi to follow him.

Everyone stops what they were doing when they see Namjoon walking up to them followed by Yoongi. One guy smiles at Yoongi so brightly he could get blinded, while another boy just glares at him.

“Well this is everyone” he says and introduces them one by one.

“Welcome to the team. I hope we can all be friends” the boy with the bright smile, who Yoongi remembers as Jung Hoseok, says while walking up to him.

“I’m not here to make friends” Yoongi says plainly. Hosoek stops in his tracks and slowly walks back to his spot. His smile turning into a frown, that now all the other teammates are wearing as well.

“Uhm well as you know you only have to practice with us and you can stay on the bench on game days” Namjoon tells

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter