"I'm not in the mood" 3/4

Time Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Kookie, what are you doing here?” Taehyung yells through the gymnasium. Everyone looks up to where Taehyung ran off to. They’re in the middle of their practice and Namjoon tells them to take a break, since Taehyung already run off.

“Hey babe” Jungkook laughs when his boyfriend comes running up to him and hugs him.

“Why are you here? Are you coming back to practice? Did your arm get better?” Taehyung looks at his arm with big eyes. Jungkook laughs at Taehyung’s hyper behavior.

“Sadly no. I actually came for Yoongi” Jungkook says.

“You didn’t come for me” Taehyung pouts as he lets go off Jungkook.

“Why did you come for Yoongi?” Hoseok asks overhearing the conversation between them.

“Don’t you know they’re friends” Jimin says.

“Yeah we are, but I got send by his uncle. He asked me to tell him to go to his office” Jungkook says.

Namjoon points to the bleacher and Jungkook’s eyes follow his hand. He sees Yoongi lying down on the bench. He doesn’t feel like walking up the stairs so he grabs one of the water bottles and throws it to Yoongi. Even with his other arm he still throws good, hitting Yoongi’s stomach. He immediately sits up looking in their direction, where a grinning Jungkook is standing obviously proud of his good throw.

“Why’d you do that?” he says trying to sound mad, but fails. He walks down the stairs with a small smile on his lips, as he walks towards Jungkook.

“Your uncle wants you in his office”

“What? Why?” the smile on his lips immediately turns into a frown.

“I don’t know. He just told me to get you” Jungkook tells him.

Jimin sees Yoongi’s expression darkens as he looks down. Yoongi grabs his back and walks out of the gymnasium without taking another look at the others.

 

Yoongi softly knocks on the open door to his office to let him know he’s here. His uncle is going through some papers, but puts them away as soon as he sees Yoongi. He waves him over and tells him to sit down. Yoongi hesitantly does what he says. He has no idea why his uncle called him, but he knows it‘s important enough to take him away from practice.

Mr. Lee looks at Yoongi, not having any idea how to bring the news.

“I spoke with your mother today” Mr. Lee blurts out at once. Yoongi’s body stiffens when he hears the word ‘mother’. He shifts in his seat before finding the courage to reply.

“What did she want?” Yoongi looks down to his hands on his lap.

“She’s getting released in a few weeks and wanted you to go back to living with her when she gets back”

“And you told her no right?” Yoongi raises his voice slightly.

“I said I’d talk to you about it” his voice is soft.

“What’s there to talk about. I’m not going back there” he says his voice a bit louder.

“Yoongi she said she’s changed. She isn’t the same person anymore and she regrets everything that happened” Mr. Lee says trying his best to sound calm.

“I can’t believe we’re even having this conversation. She never wanted me and now after all these years she does. You don’t actually believe that. Even prison can’t make her a better person”

“Yoongi just think about i-“

“No I don’t have to think about it. My answer is no. I don’t want her in my life and she doesn’t want me. Do you really think she’d hit me all those years. Never treading me like her son. Always telling me what I did wrong, how I didn’t get good enough grades or how it’s my fault dad left. And then after a few years in prison pretend it never happened. You seriously expect me to believe that? Well I don’t and I’m not going back to that ”

“Yoongi” Mr. Lee warns him. “She’s still your mother”

“Mother? Oh please that woman has never been a mother to me. She gave birth to me and even that will never make her a mother. Trust me she hasn’t changed a bit, she’s still the same awful woman she was five years ago” he feels tears forming in the corners of his eyes.

“Tell her to stay away from me and never contact me” with that Yoongi rushes out of the room.

 

Yoongi runs through the empty hallways. Everyone is already home, cause class ended an hour ago. He goes straight to the gymnasium and is glad when he sees practice is over and everyone left the court already. He grabs a cart with balls an rides it to the basket. He grabs a ball and throws it towards the basket, but it misses. He wants to clear his mind and came here hoping it would help, but it doesn’t. He grabs the next and throws again. It bounces on the hoop but eventually falls back to him. He throws another ball this time harder and misses again. Who does his mother think she is to expect him to just come back like that. He hates her. He actually hates his own mother. He keeps throwing balls, each one harder than the other. She isn’t even his mother. He can’t even see her that way. Tears stream down his cheeks. He angrily throws another ball and it hits the wall only to have it bounce back and hit his leg. He doesn’t even care about the pain.

“You know if you actually practiced with us you might even be able to score” a voice from behind him spoke. Yoongi jumps up, he didn’t even hear Jimin coming in.

“Shut up Jimin. I’m not in the mood” he hisses without caring to look in is direction. He really wants to be alone right now.

“Oh-So you have to be in the mood for me to talk to you. You know should be thankful I’m even nice enough to talk-“

“Can you just shut your mouth for ing once” Yoongi yells as he turns around to face Jimin. Why does Jimin always have to push his buttons.

Jimin steps back, scared by Yoongi’s reaction. He thought Yoongi was just joking like him, but he meant it.

“I-I’m sorry” Jimin stutters. He really feels sorry. He wants to ask what’s wrong, but he probably ruined the opportunity of Yoongi talking to him.

Yoongi sighs loudly while putting his hands through his hair. He didn’t mean to shout at Jimin like that. “No I’m sorry…I’m gonna go” he drops the ball that was still in his hands and walks past Jimin.

Jimin gasps when he sees the hurtful look in Yoongi’s eyes. He really wants to help him, but he’s afraid to do so. He hates to see Yoongi this hurt and not be able to do anything about it.

 

♦♦♦♦

 

Jimin’s been out of it all week and he can tell Yoongi has been as well. He wasn’t at school much, but when he was Jimin could see he was in his own world and not in the mood to talk to anyone, not even Jungkook. He really wants to help Yoongi, cause he can tell something is really bothering him. Jimin can tell his feelings for Yoongi have changed a lot these past few days. He can’t stop thinking about him. Not that he’s ever going to admit that to Yoongi. He knows Yoongi hates him or at least dislikes him very much. Actually that’s how Jimin thinks he feels, to be honest he has no clue. Yoongi keep so much to himself he doesn’t even know how he feels.

He walks into the gymnasium and sees everyone has already started warming up. He looks up to where Yoongi is usually lying, but doesn’t see him. He knows he’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter