Chapter 2

I'll Be Right Here

Ever since Ten had arrived in Thailand, the younger grew more closer to Taeyong’s parents and they had met Ten’s entire famly. They are all nice people Taeyong’s mother said as he heard her talking to who it seemed like Taeyong judging from the whining noises he heard from the phone. Taeyong’s parents were amused by how Ten’s mood changes whenever they bring out a topic about Taeyong and his childhood. The latter would listen to them attentively and sometimes without blinking. They loved the way Ten took care of them, they felt Ten’s love and appreciation towards them, “Taeyong found the right now” he heard Taeyong’s mother tell her husband behind the door and the man answered, “I couldn’t agree more.”

 

Taeyong had fun spending time with Ten’s father, he didn’t have any struggles with the man as his personality was almost like his son except that Ten was a crybaby and that he’d cry easily over anything whenever his touched, happy or sad. Each day he’d spend with his fiancé’s father felt like he knew Ten entirely right now as the man couldn’t stop talking about his son and how he was with his late wife and daughter. Taeyong now knew how close Ten was with his family, he was very open to them. Now he felt really appreciative that Ten’s that same open book towards him as he is to his family.

 

Talking to Taeyong every morning became one of Ten’s habit’s ever since the older moved in and started living together with Ten, the older’s face was the only thing that Ten wanted to see every morning when he wakes up and every night before he goes to sleep. Hearing Taeyong’s voice through the phone wasn’t really doing the thing, he wanted to see Taeyong. Feel him; touch him and not being able to do that right now was driving Ten insane. “Okay Ten, just a couple more days and you’re gonna see him again…it’ll be worth it” he smiled as he was talking to his own reflection in front of the large mirror inside his bedroom. Taeyong’s parents were leaving tomorrow and his father would come back to Thailand tomorrow as well. The clock ticked ever so slowly in Ten’s view, “ it for agreeing such stupid things…why did I even agree with this? Not being able to call or text him is really hard~” Ten ranted while slumping down on his bed, he picked up his phone and looked through his friends on kakaotalk, he contemplated whether he should view his and Taeyong’s week old messages but it’ll only make him miss the older more. Ten threw his phone on wherever part of his bed and groaned loudly.

 

Taeyong had it the same as Ten though. The feeling of their longing for each other was mutual. He was currently begging Johnny to give him his phone back but the taller refused to give it. A day after Ten’s departure for Thailand, Taeyong insisted on having Johnny keep his phone and that he wouldn’t give it to him no matter how much he begs or pleads or even bribes him with anything. It had been a real comedy to their friends seeing the calm and composed, Lee Taeyong like this. It’s like he’s grown another head as Hansol commented when he saw Taeyong rolling on the floor while begging Johnny to give him back his phone. Taeyong stayed in his parents’ house as part of their agreement but right now it was being too much. He misses Ten too much and it’s really no joke. He’d stare at Ten’s pictures every night and he’d even talk to it. Yuta took a video of him once and told Hansol that he’s making a documentary about a rare creature called Lee Taeyong, a grandpa stuck in a teenager’s body was how Yuta described it. He can’t wait to show it to Ten during his friends’ wedding.

 

Both of them had set their bachelor’s party on the same day but in different countries. Ten had expected for Taeil and Johnny to be arriving in Thailand anytime soon. He was going to have the party with his old friends plus with Johnny and Taeil who had volunteered to watch over Ten for the entire night while Taeyong’s parents took the liberty to take a rest for their flight tomorrow. Ten was getting ready when he heard a loud knock from his door; he opened it up and welcomed Johnny and Taeil with a hug. “We missed you too, Ten” Taeil ruffled the younger’s hair causing him to mutter about how it took him a while to get his hair done. The older smiled apologetically before sitting down on Ten’s bed, “Taeyong’s party had already started when we left. He wanted the party to finish early anyway” Johnny said while looking at Ten who stared at his friends, “yeah I thought you wanted an updated on your precious Taeyong.” “Thanks hyung~” Ten smiled at him. “Let’s go and get the party started” the youngest among the three ushered the hyungs out and they went to Ten’s car and drove off.

 

The party was loud much to Taeyong’s liking. Yuta had organized everything together with Jaehyun, all of their classmates and other school friends were there as well. The latter sat on the corner while flipping his phone anxiously; he didn’t know why he felt so anxious. It was subtly driving him insane. Every time he’d attempt to make a call towards Ten, it’s either Yuta or Hansol or Jaehyun would glare at him. “Just wait until your party ends then we’ll allow you to talk to him for 30 minutes” Doyoung half yelled at him through the loud music. “Tae! Enjoy the party! I’m sure that Ten is having a good time too!” Yuta smiled at his friend while pulling Taeyong up.

 

Yuta was right; Ten was having a great time at his own party with his old friends. He introduced Johnny and Taeil to them and they all greeted them with smiles on their faces. It felt homey to them, Ten was having the time of his life unbeknownst to him that there was someone uninvited who was lurking around the corner watching him closely. “Ten!” Johnny called, “Taeyong’s calling” he said giving Ten’s phone to him, the younger excused himself and went outside since it was very noisy inside. Johnny and Taeil followed behind but stayed at a safe distance when Johnny felt that there was something wrong with the party right now. He looked at Ten who was smiling ear to ear while talking to Taeyong after a long while, as Ten was in the middle of a conversation someone instantly grabbed the younger. Ten dropped his phone as he called for help while he was being taken away. Johnny quickly ran after Ten but lost them, a minute later he found Ten knocking and crying over the front seat of an Audi R8, he could barely hear Ten’s cry but he read the younger’s lips.

 

“Johnny hyung please save me…please!” Ten cried over and over as he saw Johnny running after the car. Taeil had explained to Taeyong what had happened and the latter was in shock, Ten’s friends immediately called the police as Johnny was still running after the car with all the energy in his body. “Wh-who are you?” Ten said while facing his kidnapper, the man removed his mask and Ten froze in his seat. “Been a while Chittapon~” the latter grinned. Ten looked at him in fear, “K-kao…” Ten started crying again “please Kao let me go…I’m begging you please.” “Why is my Chittapon crying? Didn’t you miss me? “ Ten closed his eyes and shook his head, “I heard you’re getting married. Wow~ did you bribe him with all your money just to marry you?” “I…I didn’t. We love each other…it’s the kind of love that you never returned to me, after everything…it was just a bet” Ten clenched his fists. “You transferred to Korea. You were supposed to be miserable! Why the ing hell aren’t you miserable?! “ Kao yelled causing Ten to flinch. “I saw you in Paragon a couple of years ago with a group of guys, but one guy stood out the most. He looked at you, the way you used to look at me. He treated you with care unlike how I treated you. But that’s not it, I’m your first love…you told me that it’ll be hard for you so when I broke up with you I thought you’d be very miserable that you\d crawl back to me but I was wrong. Ten, don’t marry that guy. If you do, I’ll kill the two of you in the middle of the isle” he threated. Ten gulped and looked at him, “I…I…no, whatever you say. No matter how much you threaten me, I will marry Taeyong. I will marry him! I love him more than I loved you! I gave you everything except for my body, I loved you so much but everything for you was just a game, it was just part of that stupid bet you had with Nack and Prit!” Ten shouted, “Taeyong came to me and loved me unconditionally no matter how vulnerable I am. He loved me more than I deserve to be loved” Kao turned to Ten and tried to cup his cheeks but Ten swatted his hand away. “Don’t touch me….please” he half begged but the man was so persistent that he forgot to keep his eyes on the road, as he was approaching closer to Ten “watch out!” Ten yelled, Kao quickly turned the steering wheel but he went out of control. There was a loud screeching sound of tires before everything turned black in Ten’s vision.

 

“Where are the guys who were involved in the recent car crash?” Johnny asked the nurse in urgency, he spoke in English since he didn’t know any Thai. Taeil was on his way to the hospital with Taeyong’s parents while he was relating to Taeyong what had happened. Taeyong was having a mental breakdown right now. He was crying so hard, Ten’s father decided to take the current flight that was available to Thailand after hearing what happened to his son. Taeyong, Yuta, Doyoung, Jaehyun, Hansol, WinWin and Kun were currently on their way to Thailand with Ten’s father. Taeyong kept on crying while Ten’s father kept on reassuring him that Ten will be fine, that Ten is strong. He just had to pray for Ten, pray that nothing serious happened.

 

Ten had taught Taeyong Thai for more than a year so he’d understand what Ten was talking about whenever he’d skype with his relatives. As soon as they had arrived in Thailand; they went straight to the hospital. Ten’s father was talking to the police that were running at investigation regarding with the recent accident. “Apparently your son’s ex-boyfriend Mr. Kao Ittipom, is going to be charged with a case of Vehicular Homicide. Mr. Ittipom had told us honestly that he just wanted to talk to your son so he’d back-out of his wedding. He threatened your son that he’ll kill him and his fiancé if he doesn’t comply with his wishes. He left the steering wheel for a while and went closer to your crying and terrified son. Your son told him to look back on the road as they were about to hit another car so he quickly steered the car and hit the huge post in Chaoren Krung Road” Taeyong heard the policeman telling Ten’s father. “Taeyong!” the lad turned around to find his mother crying, he quickly ran towards the woman and hugged her. “Where’s Ten? I-I want to see my T-Ten…I need t-to see Ten right now” he said in between sobs, “Tae, come on!” Yuta pulled Taeyong from his mother when he saw Taeil’s head pop up from the hall. “Hyung where’s Ten?” Taeil shook his head, “I barely understood what the nurse said but I google translated what she said and yeah google was an really… the words where jumbled when they were being translated. But I read something about ‘unconscious from the impact’” the older explained. Taeyong talked to the nearest nurse and nodded at her as she explained about Ten, Taeyong rested his back on the wall and slid down as he covered his face on his palms. “Ten had no broken bones; he was wearing a seatbelt when the accident happened. But he’s badly injured all-over his body and what hyung read was right, he’s unconscious from the impact.” A hand was placed on Taeyong’s shoulder and he looked up meeting with Johnny’s stoic face, “Ten is being treated in the emergency room but he’ll be brought to his own private room later on…and Tae~” Taeyong raised an eyebrow as Johnny moved aside, “that’s Ten’s ex-boyfriend. He just grabbed Ten earlier and drove off and that’s when the accident happened…Taeyong, we’re sorry for not keeping an eye with Ten. I should have never stopped running after that car” Johnny looked down. “It’s okay John~” Taeyong replied and walked closer towards his fiancé’s ex-boyfriend who was peeking on the glass doors of the emergency room, his clothes were shattered and he had light bruises and blood stains all over his shirt. He grabbed the latter by the shoulder and punched his face hard causing the other to fall down on the floor hard. He picked the man up again and punched him over and over again, the latter kept on saying ‘I’m sorry’ in English but Taeyong wasn’t listening. Hansol and Johnny ran up to separate the two, Taeyong still kept on going for it. “Taeyong stop it! Do you think Ten will like it when he sees you like this? He’s not worth your time, he’s a worthless human who just hurts people for fun” Johnny spat in English so that both parties understood. Taeyong was having a mental breakdown for the nth time after that seen with Ten’s ex-boyfriend, he didn’t know what to do right now but to pray and wait. When Ten was being brought to his private room, Taeyong’s soul looked so crushed when he saw Ten in that state. His face was pale; he had a cut on his lip and a bandage on his forehead. Looking down at Ten’s arms and legs, he saw a couple of deep cuts that looked like they were from the broken glasses from the car and some normal cuts. Never did once Taeyong let go of Ten’s hand, he asked both his parents and Ten’s father to go home and rest and that he’ll look after Ten. “Have some rest too, Taeyong…he’ll wake up in no time” Ten’s father smiled at him and left with his parents, Ten’s father seemed so positive about this but he just wanted to make sure that he’ll be the first person Ten sees when he wakes up.

 

It’s been hours and now it’s past 4am, half of the people in the room were already asleep except for Yuta who has been pacing back and forth around the room for the past 30minutes now so that he wouldn’t fall asleep. “Taeil hyung, you can rest if you want. I’ll be fine” Taeyong smiled a bit at the older before looking back to Ten’s unconscious figure, “please be alright~” he whispered as he placed the younger’s hand on his cheek. Hansol has been exchanging text messages with Jeno and it seemed like the kids back in Seoul didn’t go to sleep as well. “Ten please wake up soon” Yuta said while standing on the side of the bed, “I promise to take you to Osaka, we’ll visit that cup noodle museum and make our own cup noodles just the way we planned, I’ll even bring you to that fishing restaurant since you’re too much of a chicken to go fishing on the salty sea water or the lake…hyung promises all of that, I’ll even throw in something special! Like Taeyong dancing to Girls Generation’s Lion Heart or Sistar’s Shake It! Just please Ten…wake up! I have yet to let you watch Taeyong’s embarrassing moments while you were away” Yuta desperately tried to shake the bed but nothing happened. Yuta pouted and went back to sit on Hansol’s lap, “Ten is a stubborn little ” he muttered while crossing his arms. Hansol wrapped his arms around Yuta’s waist and kissed the whinny boy’s nape, “you’re being too noisy, my hatsukoi” the older whispered while giving Yuta a peck on the lips when the boy turned around to look at his boyfriend. In the midst of Yuta’s quiet ranting, Taeyong noticed that Ten’s eyebrows furrowed a little, it was a small sign but Taeyong felt like something heavy had been lifted up from his chest. Ten would show signs of consciousness from time to time, the second was then his pinky finger had moved and Taeyong quickly grabbed his hand. “Ten baby, please wake up… I want to see your smiling face” the older said while kissing Ten’s hand. Ten fluttered his eyes open after several tries and looked around the white room, he squinted a bit as the ceiling lights were a bit painful to his eyes. “Ten!” Yuta quickly got up from Hansol’s embrace and walked towards Ten, the others had woken up from Yuta’s loudness but nonetheless they were happy that Ten was already awake. Ten’s throat felt dry as of this moment and Taeyong quickly grabbed the water bottle that Doyoung was holding, he carefully helped Ten sit up and made his fiancé drink the water. When Ten was finished, Taeyong gave Ten a quick peck on the lips with his hand still supporting Ten from behind, “my head hurts so bad” was the first sentence that Ten has told everyone. “Yuta hyung was noisy too!” Ten started to complain and everybody chuckled, “well Ten seems to be fine now” Jaehyun said. “Ya!” Ten tried shouting a bit but his throat felt contracted, “stop moving Ten, just rest…we can even move the wedding if you wa-“ “NO!” Ten cried, “no! I’m okay! The wedding is on and it’s tomorrow please don’t move the wedding just because of this” he half begged his fiancé, “Taeyong please you can’t” Ten was now desperate, “I…” Ten looked down, “I don’t care…that accident made me realize how great it was that you came into my life, and I don’t want to let you take even one step backwards from staying my life” Ten’s eyes became teary. Taeyong looked at their friends and Johnny mouthed a ‘go for it’ while smiling. Taeyong nodded and hugged Ten gently, “okay, we won’t move our wedding anymore. But, we won’t be going anywhere far for our honeymoon okay?” Ten smiled as Taeyong kissed his forehead. “Yuta hyung promised me that when I wake up, he’d take me to the cup noodle museum and the fishing restaurant in Osaka…Yuta hyung! I’m awake now and I heard everything when I was fighting for my consciousness” Ten smiled weakly at his hyung who currently had teary eyes. “Ya you punk! Of course I’ll keep my promise” he replied before pushing Taeyong away to hug Ten in the most gentlest way possible, “Hansol hyung needs to have a part-time job so he can afford our plane tickets and some more for our expenses” he snickered while the older behind him replied with a ‘hey you need to work too!’  “hyung, you need to keep your promise” Ten said while holding out his pinky, Yuta looked at it for a while before making a pinky-promise with Ten. “I’m sorry but I have to go on that trip as well. I can’t leave Ten alone again, ever. Even if Yuta says that he will watch over him like a hawk” Taeyong looked at him with his glossy eyes, “hmm I have to go as well so that my Yuta won’t feel like he’s a third-wheel or something” Hansol commented.

 

Ten was discharged almost immediately, despite on how the younger’s father and Taeyong’s parents opposed to keeping the wedding on the same date which was tomorrow but they can’t since Ten was too stubborn for their own good. “We’ll leave for Korea tonight then we can rest so you won’t look like zombies tomorrow” Taeyong’s father said while ruffling Ten’s hair. The other couples went out for their last minute stroll around a small area in Bangkok but Taeyong and Ten stayed at the younger’s house watching some cheesy romantic Thai movie while eating some nachos. “It’s a good thing that I can already understand Thai” Taeyong muttered while watching the movie and Ten just nodded while snuggling closer to Taeyong. “I will never leave you alone, Ten. It scared me so much when I heard you got into an accident. I almost punched the living daylights out of that Kao guy because I was so angry” the younger looked at his fiancé and pecked his lips gently. “I am so sorry for making you and everybody worry… It won’t happen again” the younger smiled apologetically at him. How can Taeyong resist that? Ten looked so adorable like that and he couldn’t fight the urge to kiss him right then and there but he had to stop. The younger was currently focusing on the movie and Taeyong didn’t have the courage to disturb Ten by all-means.

 

All of their bags were inside the first car and the other car was waiting for them, Yuta called for all of them telling everybody that they’ll miss the flight if they’re being slow like that. The boy placed his hands on his hips as he looked around the place. “Ten’s definitely very rich, simple but rich and humble” he smiled at the thought of his best friend. His gaze landed on the person outside the gate, he clenched his fists “Yuta, you left your iPo- hey! Yuta! Where are you going!” Johnny yelled as soon as Yuta walked away from him and stormed towards the gate. “YOU! What are you doing here?! After everything that you did to my best friend?” he started off slow at the sight of Ten’s ex-boyfriend. “I don’t understand what Yuta hyung is saying” Doyoung said while looking at Yuta who was trying to claw Kao from inside the gate. “He’s cursing the boy in Japanese” Hansol answered after clicking his tongue, he went after his boyfriend to drag him inside the house. “I’m not done yet! Ya let me go!” Yuta half shouted “just shut up and calm down, okay? Let him settle this with Ten. If something happens we’ll be right here” the older told his boyfriend while patting the shorter’s head gently. Ten was talking to Taeil about the preparations for tomorrow’s wedding, excitement was shown all over his face but his smile suddenly dropped when he saw an angry Yuta being dragged away from the gate. His eyes landed on a familiar looking boy standing outside while calling for his name repeatedly, as if it was on reflex, Ten grabbed the hem of Taeil’s shirt. The younger’s legs started to shake, he didn’t know what to do right now. Recalling the memories of yesterday’s accident, every word that he told him, his threat to kill, Ten was afraid. He was so afraid that he himself didn’t even know that he was now hyperventilating, “Ten?” Taeil turned to look at Ten, “Ten! Hey Ten!” he shook the younger but Ten wasn’t responding, “Taeyong! Where’s Taeyong?!” Ten’s father came to Taeil when he saw the lad’s panic-stricken face. “He’s having a panic attack!” the old man ran back inside, Ten clenched onto his chest. Memories from the past kept on flashing before his eyes, he hears Taeyong’s voice after what it seemed like hours but truthfully it was only more than 5 minutes. Ten’s father came back with a mini oxygen tank and quickly turned it on after placing the mask onto Ten’s mouth and nose. “Ten baby, please breathe…breathe for me Ten, for us” Yuta came out from the car and aided Ten, he placed the younger’s hand on his chest and told Ten to follow his breathing. Since Taeyong was also in a state of panic, Yuta had to calm himself so he can lead the younger. Ten’s father approached the boy outside the gate; his worried expression was still on “please leave my son alone. You have already damaged him more than enough. He will happily marry the person he loves tomorrow, so just leave him alone now” he gave the boy a sad smile before going inside the car after hearing Taeil’s shout of “Mr. Leechaiyakul! Ten’s okay now! Let’s leave before something happens again!”

 

Their flight back to Korea was very peaceful since everybody was dead tired form this day’s activity. Taeyong held onto Ten’s hand tightly, “I have to protect you, Ten. I don’t want the same thing to happen again. It scared me. I kept on thinking that I was gonna lose you. I won’t let other people hurt you again, I promise” he whispered at his fiancé’s sleeping figure before kissing his knuckle gently.