At School

Snakes Will Always Bite Back

Jimin and Jungkook are bickering over whom Jung Halla would hypothetically like more if they were to hypothetically confess their [hypothetical] affections for her and she were to hypothetically accept one of them. Jimin believes he has the advantage, since he's actually talked to Halla without turning radish red.

He's actually talked to Halla. Period.

Jungkook turns pink whenever she—or any girl—so much glances his way, ever a slave to his hormones. Poor soul.

Taehyung stays out of their fights and referees from the sidelines. Honestly, he can't really see Halla with either of his friends, but he's not one to shatter dreams, even pipe dreams. He's content to sit by Yoona's feet and let her pet his hair. His bangs are getting so long there's a dark fog clouding his vision. With each drag of her fingers, there's a brief glimpse of light and clarity. He closes his eyes and tilts his head a little to face the sun.

The relative peace is cracked when a shadow covers Taehyung's comfy sunbeam. It breaks when he opens his eyes to Halla's long legs.

"Min Yoona!" She strikes a righteous pose beside their table, hands on her hips holding her pink jacket open to show off an equally pink top, probably courtesy of Jin. "I have decided your punishment!"

Yoona sighs and rolls her eyes, mumbling, "Are you still going on about that?" and leaning over Taehyung more, as if the punishment could possibly be giving him up to Halla's torturous talons. It was considered, briefly, but Halla thought of something even better.

She ignores the comment in favor of dropping her gaze to Taehyung. She doesn't tilt her head; she just lowers her eyes and smirks. That little black rain cloud from the zoo is back, zapping excitedly behind her without frizzing her hair. Bad Feelings sizzle under his scalp and zip under his skin, shocking the hairs on his arms and legs upright. Pleasepleaseplease don't involve me. "Taehyung, give her your flannel."

Damn it.

He complies, untying the sleeves from his waist and tugging it from beneath his . He hands it to Yoona without breaking eye contact with the junior. He does not like the look of that cloud.

Yoona just takes the shirt and looks at the smirking girl with a raised brow. It's not that she's against wearing Taehyung's things; she's starting a collection of his hoodies and shirts in her closet, but if Halla wants Yoona to put the button up on just to coo over how cute and tiny she is, Yoona will cut the .

"Put it on..." Halla waves her hand. Get on with it.

Yoona does not like the manic gleam in Halla's eyes. She pulls the shirt around her shoulders and dips her arms inside. Her fingers fall short of the cuffs by a few inches, and she raises an arm to try and get her hand out of the sleeve, wiggling a little as though waving at someone, but it's grabbed and pulled across her chest. Her other arm is pulled back, as well, crossing in front of her, and she feels the ends of the too-long sleeves being tied behind her back.

"Jung Halla, " Yoona spits over her shoulder, "you little—"

"Jimin, lend me a hand." He looks far too eager to please and hops to his feet. Jungkook remains seated, quiet with lips slightly parted.

Halla waves to the remaining boys. Jungkook blushes beside Taehyung, who watches with owl eyes and completely slack jaws. They merely watch as Jimin lifts Yoona—literally kicking and screaming—and trots after Halla, who leads the way with a satisfied flip of her hair.

The courtyard largely ignores them, immune.

Jungkook closes his mouth and swallows, wetting the desert of his palate. "Hyung..."

"I have no idea!" Taehyung scrambles to his feet. "Noona!"

"She'll be fine, Taehyung! I promise!" Halla's laugh does nothing to sooth Taehyung's nerves. It actually separates the nerves into individual threads and knits a cozy of regret. The cloud looks a little lighter, at least, and he's not entirely worried about Yoona; she's well prepared to take care of herself. The moment she's set down, she'll probably get a kick or two in. He's more worried about this means for him, because while he knows he didn't plan any part of this abduction, it's his shirt restraining his girlfriend. He's as involved as the others.

The nerve cozy tightens.

Jungkook places a comforting hand on Taehyung's shoulder, nodding sympathetically through his worried whines. They—Taehyung—spring into action moments later, declaring they—he—must save Yoona from the clutches of the Hallamonster.

They—Taehyung and a reluctant Jungkook—don't find the girls, but they find Jimin inside some minutes later.

Taehyung sprints down the hall and tackles Jimin, wrapping his arms around the other boy and holding him tight to holler in his ear. "Park Jimin! What did you do?"

The slightly-older-but-no-taller boy shrugs a shoulder to his ringing ear. "Halla noona asked me to deliver Yoona noona to the girls' locker room."

"She is not a pizza!" If Taehyung was a pizza, he'd be a stuffed crust meat lover's with extra cheese and banana peppers with ranch dressing to dip in. If Yoona was a pizza ... he doesn't know. And it's not relevant.

"Like you'd complain if she arrived hot and ready to your door." Still not relevant. Taehyung refuses to think about it. Absolutely refuses.

Damn Jimin for planting such an idea in his head.

He punches Jimin's arm, ears red. To save himself, Jimin shifts attention to an easy and conveniently-behind-Taehyung target. "Jeon Jungkook, why are you bushing?" Taehyung looks behind him with raised eyebrows, Jimin's shirt still in his fist, offended that anyone but him is allowing the idea of Yoona-pizza-delivery.

The youngest whines and flips his hood up, yanking the draw strings closed until just his nose shows.

"Seriously, Taehyung..." Jimin takes pity on their youngest friend and redirects attention back to the distressed Kim attempting manual strangulation in the middle of the main hallway. He pats Taehyung's fist. "She's gonna be fine. I really don't think Halla noona's gonna do anything cruel or unusual. Girls aren't like that. Revenge is something like rumors or cutting holes in someone's clothes while they're in gym."

"They do that?"

Taehyung ignores Jungkook but releases his hold on Jimin. "Real life is not Mean Girls," he sulks.

"If it was, you'd be an Asian nerd without a girlfriend," Jungkook supports, unhelpfully. Personally, Taehyung thinks he's more in the category of Actual Human Beings, one of the greatest people anyone will ever meet, and inching a little towards ually active band geeks. Sort of.

Only if Yoona doesn't kill him.


a/n: Because my self-management is awful, it's taken this long to continue this little story. I'd said there would be a second chapter, and here it is, however there are still more who need to be punished. (☞゚∀゚)☞ Expect more mini-chapters.