Stage 3: Cold

Stages Of A Broken Heart

 

A year has passed.

You pack your things up, ready to leave your class. It’s 5 in the afternoon, yet the sun has already set. It’s mid-December, and Christmas is coming fast. You bid farewell to your classmates as you go to your parked car. You grab your keys and you open the door.

You hear your phone ring. You grab it from you bag and you look at the screen. It was your friend, so you answer it.
 

“Hey, where you at?” she asks you.

“Why did you call?” you ask in return.

“Let’s go out tonight together with our other classmates!” she says happily.

“Where?” you ask her again.

“Red Dragon Club at seven… see ‘ya there!” then she hung up on you.

You check your watch, its 6 pm, an hour or less to spare. You hurriedly slide in your car, start the engine and drive home. You race through your house. You take a quick shower, and you scan through your closet for something to suitable wear. You find a simple but elegant black cocktail dress. You don’t know who gave it to you but you grab it and go.

The dress suits you perfectly, it’s elegant yes, but it made you look y too. You quickly fix your hair and apply some make up on your face then you look at your reflection. Satisfied, you place your things on a black pouch then grab your keys. You lock the door behind you and you text your friends that you were coming, then you drive towards the club.

You arrive a little over 7 pm. You find your friends waiting for you outside the club. They wave at you as you walk towards them.

“You ready to party?” one of them asks you. You smile.

“Heck yeah…” then you all go inside the club.

The club was packed full of people. Maybe it’s because a famous group will be performing here tonight. Oh well. You and your friends make your way towards the bar. You order a margarita. You sip it slowly, you let the mixture stay on your taste buds for a while and then swallow. Refreshing, you thought. You order another round and you continue to sip. You feel a different kind of high as you drink.

After a few rounds, you find yourself dancing on the dance floor. Pretty soon, you are joined by your friends. You are not drunk, you just wanted to dance, dance to the beat. After a few songs, the DJ announced that the performers were now here.

They enter one by one. One member, two, three, four, and five…

 

 PANG.

 

 You recognize the last person. No friggin’ way.

You look at him, he sure has changed. His hair was dyed blond, he was wearing designer clothes. Yep, he changed a lot. He notices you; you give him a cold stare, colder than the ice on your drink. He looks away and you smile.

They started to sing. The song was hypnotic, yet you manage to gather up your senses. Still, he does not sing, maybe it wasn’t his part yet. Why do you even care?

He looks at you from time to time from the corner of his eyes. You ignore this, trying to focus on the song and your friends practically screaming on top of their lungs. He steps up front then he flashes you a smile. Uh-oh… you guess it’s his part now.


“Since you went away hasn’t been the same, in my heart all I got is pain. Could it be that I played a game to lose you, I can’t maintain…”

 

He sang, or was it rapping? He looked directly to your eyes as he delivered his lines. He started walking towards you.

“Sunlight moonlight you lit my life, realize in the night while love shines bright…”

 

He’s about a meter from you now. His hands find their way to your face as he pulls you close.

”Can’t let you go we’re meant forever baby let me know…”

 

 You felt his warm breath across your face. The crowd grew wild, even your friends. He looks at your eyes; you answer him with a piercing stare. He seemed to ignore that as he pulled you to a tight hug.

You don’t react to this. Instead, you push him away. He backs off then he returns to the stage. Your friends run to you, they were all asking if you were okay. You smile impishly. Of course you’re okay! You order another drink as you watch him perform on stage.

His eyes never leave yours. He would constantly smile towards your direction, sending chills down your spine. You look away, not because you’re hurt, but because it’s getting way too irritating. The group announced that it was going to be their final performance of the night. You silently rejoice, now at least you won’t see that irritating smile any longer.

They sing their last song.

“Forever you're my girl, forever be my world, you are the only one…I'll never break your heart, no, so baby don't let go….”

 

 They bid farewells to the crowd and went away. Soon after, your friends wanted to go home too. You all go out and bid your goodbyes, promising each other that this won’t be the last time you go out.

You walk towards your car. You feel like something, or someone is behind you. You look over to your shoulder, you see nothing. You ignore it but your heart races. Still, you walk towards your car.

Then someone tugs your hand. You face this unknown person, and you see him. He pulls you closer, closer to him. He cups your face into his hands as he kisses your forehead. You don’t react to this, you just stand there. He then rests his head on your shoulders, then he whispers to you, or better yet he sang to you…

“I’m nothing without you, I’m nothing without you girl…” He said softly, as he caressed your hair. He then lifted his head and whispered to your ear…

“I’m nothing without you, I’m nothing without you girl…. My love…”

Silence.

“Let me hear your voice, girl…” he said softly, lovingly. Yet you feel no sign of hurt or love.

“You’ve got the wrong girl…” You said coldly as you push him away from you. He fell sharply on the ground. You smiled at that sight. You walk towards your car; you open the door and go in. Then, you let the engine roar into life and you drive away.

You knew this was going to happen one of these days anyway. You knew he would come back. But you did not want him to come barging into your life anymore. You feel satisfied with what you have done.
 

No longer do you feel pain, not even numbness. Those were now replaced by the sheer coldness of your heart, your ice-cold heart….

Now you feel renewed.

 

 

A/N: IT'S FINALLY DONE! LOL. Thanks for patiently waiting for updates. I know I post on such long intervals. Mianhaeyo ^^;; I hope everybody liked this one :D