Fractured

As The Smoke Clear

I munched the chips in my hand boringly. My eyes darted from one paragraph to another one. With a big heavy Chinese dictionary in front of me, travelled from this to that, opened the pages, examining and matching the words.

 

One week and a half had passed since I borrowed the book and one week and three days after that strange guy, Kai….came to my apartement. To my room, to be specific. He never came back, and my mind started to think that all of that was just a dream. No, not his power or anything else, but his presence. Even though I tried to preoccupied my mind to forget all the details of those incident, but my head kept going back, replaying the moments in high definition video.

 

I shook my head. , I’m thinking about him again. My mind scowled. Munching the chips more roughly. Those lips, those eyes, those face, bombarding me together. Every minute. And I have no choice that grunted in annoyance. Don’t tell me, I’m  hoping he will come again? The tiny voice in my heart suddenly whispered.

 

“NO!!” My mouth reacted in instant.

 

“Miss, is there something wrong??” The well-known familiar voice of the librarian shouted in the entire library, managed to reach my ear.

 

“NO…” I squeaked back to her from my deserted place. Back to my sitting position. My eyes flew back to the book. I saw my notes next to it, and captured some readable words. Like ‘功率’ means ‘Power’, ‘十二’ means ‘twelve’, and many more. But I even hadn’t translated the whole first page yet, blame my limited Chinese. Well apparently, I didn’t have any skill in Chinese, all I had done was searching the same form of words in the entire dictionary. I’m so stupid I know *creys*

 

But I’m half page already. No need to rush. I found one sentence that might sum this whole book and my curiousity.

 

“12 個戰士誕生了。但是,他們會回來的。當黑暗慢慢帶走了世界

12 fighter was born. But they'll be back. When darkness slowly took the world.”

 

 

I huffed. Started to grow bored, and opened the other pages. An odd symbols could be found in it. One for every page. A weird, bull like symbol engraved on the page.

 

 

 

With simple ‘土’ written above it. It meant ‘Earth’. And descriptions below it. I would save translating it later.

 

And another eleven pages followed up.

‘水’ meant water.

‘光’ meant light.

‘火’ meant fire.

‘閃電’ meant lightning.

‘飛行’ meant flight

‘癒合’ meant healing

‘隔傳動’ meant telekinesis

‘風’ meant wind

‘時間’ meant time

‘冰’ meant ice

‘隱形傳輸’ meant teleportation

 

“Teleporta..tion?” I mumbled unbelievingly. Didn’t he say that too?That Kai guy…That means…he’s not lying… ?

I caressed the symbol. With a blink of an eye, I saw it glowing with a blue metallic colour. But, just like what I said, just in a flash of time. I blinked in amazement. Whoa, what was that?!! I stared at the symbol in awe. Caressing it again, but nothing happened like before.

 

Suddenly, my head began to throb. As my index finger still lingering on the triangle symbol.

 

“Ugghh…” I moaned in pain. My eyes became blurry, but still manageable. My other hand held my head. A whispers of voices coming strike trough my head. Collided into one and another. But I caught the most visible and bold from the other.

 

“Finally, he will meet his other half…”

 

The voices vanished as I let go my touch on the symbol. I breathed heavily. Unable to react to what was happened to me.

==================================================================================================

 

“Where’s Kai?”

 

Kyungsoo shouted from the kitchen. He was preparing dinner with Chanyeol and Jongdae. It had been 8.15 p.m. And he started to worry, because Kai usually already at home at this time. The two other just shrugged, didn’t know where he was too.

 

“I don’t know hyung! He’s not back yet!” Tao replied from the living room. Kyungsoo grew more uneasy with the statement.

 

“Chill, he probably at his girl’s house.” Kris suddenly replied as he  entered the kitchen with damped hair and training pants only.

 

“What are you making?” He approached Kyungsoo who busy flipping the spatula back and forth.

 

“Yah! Dry your hair first! It’s dropping to the food haish!!” Jongdae barked to him. He only rolled his eyes with an irritated chuckle.

 

“Watch your mouth dongsaeng. I’m older.” He replied with a smug face, then left from the kitchen. Chanyeol just clicked in amusement as Jongdae scowled.

 

Meanwhile, Kyungsoo too preoccupied with his mind. Trying to connect the telepathy between him and Kai. Nobody knew about this, and both of them also didn’t know how and why they could communicating with each other in their mind. Maybe because they’re too close to each other. Like brothers.

 

Kai! Kai! Hey! He tried to call him. But no reply.

 

Kim Jong In! Where are you?? He called again. But still, no reply.

==================================================================================================

 

I curled up myself in the blanket. Locking my eyes on my phone screen. With my thumb scrolled the screen once in a while. Like you can see, I’m reading fanfiction right now. Even though I’m already 19 years old. But hey, age doesn’t count to read fanfics okay.

 

I really like night like this. Peaceful and chilly. A perfect night to read angst fanfics. I almost buried all my body in my think warm blanket. Only left the top of my head outside it. With a fluffy pillow and bolster as my companion, I’m ready to cry a river.

 

I purposely turn the lights off, to make more murky mood. Only left the bed light next to me. A dim one. I didn’t forget to lock all the doors and the windows. In case if someone barged in or else.

 

“Kajima….Taemin-ah….” The sad part is coming, when I found out (I read a ‘you’ fanfic keke) that he was already in coma when I arrived. Tears started to form in my eyes. Until I forgot that there’s someone in my bedroom. Staring at me.

 

“You are the one who left me…” A voice replied to my words. I was too focused to the story until the point I thought it was Taemin’s voice and I replied to it.

 

“I’LL NEVER LEAVE YOU!” I screamed to the screen. My voice sounds a little bit muffled by the stuffy blanket. Until I realized that was not Taemin’s voice. It was  an actual real voice.

 

I gasped, and instantly came out from my blanket. A black silhouette standing right behind the window. Made it more visible because of the support from the moonlight glow behind him.

 

“Oh really?” He spoke again, started to walk approaching me. His voice full of sarcasm, a tease. With that, I’m sure it’s him. Kai.

 

He stopped right in front of my bed. The dim light from the bed light shone on his skin. Showing his face partly. A smirk formed on his face. A smug one. The scaredy cat inside me started to dominate again. Please heart be calm!

 

“But all of that was, just, a lie…” He whispered. His smug face gone in an instant, replaced with a sorrowful face. Sadness and loneliness instead.

 

“Don’t you remember me?” He asked me again. Softly, like I’m the most fragile thing in the world. My tensed body slowly relaxed. The anxiety in my mind vanished. A cares came instead.

 

“You’re....Kai right?” I carefully replied him. He looked crestfallen after hearing my reply. But he tried to cover it and asked me again.

 

“Yeah I’m Kai. But-, don’t you remember me? I mean, the real me!” He asked me again, filled with frustration. I started to scared again. What it supposed to mean??

 

I shook my head slowly. Unable to reply him. Because I don’t know what to reply! And I really don’t know him….

 

“Even just a little bit?? God…I was your-“ Husband! Those word choked on the edge of his throat. He pulled his hair, confused, desperate, as his feet brought him walk back and forth aimlessy in my room. His perplexed expression full of upset in it. My eyes fixed on him wherever he go.

 

“Goddamn it! Sujin….you lied to me again…” He muttered to himself. With a very tiny voice. But I managed to catch it. Sujin? I asked myself in confusion. His eyes looked desperate. And I started to feel a slight sorry by my own reply.

 

I halted when he suddenly already in front of me again. Without I noticed it.

 

“Forget it…” He whispered to me, with a darkened eyes. But it didn’t frighten me at all. Because a sadness written clearly in it. And after he said those words, he vanished. Just like a smoke being expelled by the gust of winds.

==================================================================================================

 

The two boys startled when a sudden appereance standing in front of them. Blocking the TV that was being watched by them. There were traces of blood here and there on their hyung’s clothes. The most visible one was on the corner of his lips and his eyebrows. It already dry, with no wounds left. It probably already healed by itself.

 

“H-hyung!” Sehun instantly approaching Kai, who looked could fall anytime. Tao, in the other hand, instantly ran upstairs and called Kyungsoo. Both of them came to Kai in no time.

 

“Yah! Kai! What happened to you??!” Kyungsoo asked as he took his hand and circled it around his neck. While the other one on Sehun’s. All of them dragged him upstairs, to his room. While Tao trailed behind them.

 

Kai walked limply. As he muttered an inaudible words. Kyungsoo presume that one of his leg were broken, that’s why he walked limply. A soft crack sound could be heard, the bone started to knit together. Healed by itself. A winched of pain escaped from Kai’s mouth.

 

They finally arrived at his room. Kyungsoo and Sehun put him on his bed. Kai finally sat on the comfy pillows and bolsters. Kyungsoo sat next to him.

 

“Go make some tea.” He ordered the little one, as Sehun glanced at his hyung full of worry. But he decided to go out make the tea.

 

“Yah..what happened?” Kyungsoo asked him. But to his surprise, Kai slowly sobbing, crying full of sorrow. He closed his face with both of his palms. But one to two drops of tears still could escape from it.

 

“She doesn’t remember me Kyungsoo-ah…. Sujin was wrong…She was lying to me….SHE’S LYING!!!” He screamed. Kyungsoo was stunned. He found her?. In the end, all he can do was patted his bestfriend back. While giving him a soothing words by telepathy.

 

It’s okay. Everything’s gonna be alright…

 

It made Kai’s sobs grew harder. Kyungsoo shifted his eyes to the presence at door, seeing his dongsaeng staring at Kai with surprised face. He didn’t know that the maknae’s heart being crunched by the view. He gulped, and slowly put the tea on the table. The older one signaled him to go. He nodded, then walked out hesitantly. As the sound of the crying man getting dimmer..and dimmer…

==============================================================================================================

So that means they all have powers, just like in Mama Era :3