Caught

The School Prince is Actually a Devil

“How did you know?” I blurt out.

“It wasn’t too difficult.” Yunhyeong smirks cockily as he looks above us, where a camera was attached to a ceiling. “All I had to do was check the security cameras.”

Stupid security cameras! How can I forget they exist in the hallways?! I immediately glare at Yunhyeong, who’s laughing at my facial expression. Why does he seem so amused about it?! It’s so annoying! 

“Well, I can’t take all of the credit. If it wasn’t for your ‘claim’, I wouldn’t get the idea to check the security cameras.” Yunhyeong says in a mockingly innocent tone. “You pretty much sold yourself out, and fell for my trap. Good job, goody-goody two shoes.” 

I finally became aware of the situation I’m in. This is all a trap! 

“You’re the reason why history class was canceled and you somehow knew I was going to take this route, so you decided to execute your plan to bust me on the spot after figuring out that I’m the anonymous culprit you were searching for.” 

“Took you long enough, straight-A student.” Yunhyeong chuckles. “ that you didn’t realize it earlier, right?” 

Is this guy really the school prince? He’s more like a devil in the form of an angelic prince to me. 

“Now, care to tell me why you’re doing this? Have I done something to offend you since your first day transferring here that you were willing to ruin my reputation by exposing my secrets?” Yunhyeong ask, dropping the playful attitude. 

“You guys bullied Jinhwan, my only cousin, so I have every right to be angry and want to protect him.” I glare at Yunhyeong, who chuckles and shakes his head. 

“In case you didn’t realize, Junhoe and Jinhwan are known for hating each other. They’re always fighting with each other whether it’s verbal or physical.”

I blink as I process Yunhyeong’s words. Junhoe and Jinhwan are well-known as enemies? But that doesn’t make sense! If they’re enemies, then why did Jinhwan called me two years-ago claiming that he was being bullied?

“That aside, I doubt you can protect Jinhwan.”

“What do you mean?” I ask, immediately looking up at him in confusion.

“You can’t even protect yourself.” Yunhyeong says in amusement.

“I can!” I glare at him.

“Oh, really?” Yunhyeong smirks as he looks down at our position that consists of me being pinned against the wall by the devil himself. “This doesn’t look like it.”

“Let go of me!” I struggle to push him away, but Yunhyeong didn’t budge one bit. His smug face is really starting to piss me off.

“Do you realize the consequences of messing with an iKON member?” Yunhyeong ask, tone full of amusement. 

“I don’t care about that.” I huff in annoyance as I finally give up on struggling, because there’s no point when the devil himself is way stronger than I am. 

“Us iKON members believe it’s fair to give the ones, who made us suffer, the same kind of treatment they gave us but ten times worse.” Yunhyeong grins maliciously. “Looks like your little revenge plan isn’t working out so well.” 

I gulp in fear as my mind comes up with all kinds of revenge ideas that Yunhyeong could do to me. Let’s just say they all didn’t end in pretty rainbows for me; only blood and bruises. Despite my fear, I somehow manage to it up and look up at him with no fear.

“How are you going to make me suffer?” I ask with a bit of unintentional sass.

“You’re not scared?” Yunhyeong raises an eyebrow while smirking.

“No.”

I mentally curse myself for sounding so squeaky. Great. Now, he knows I’m afraid. This is it. He’s so going to beat me and no one will be able to save me, because the Laboratory hallway is clearly empty since no one’s using the labs.

“We’ll see about that.” 

Suddenly, Yunhyeong leans in more making me almost have a heart attack at the sudden closeness. Luckily, our lips aren’t touching but they’re merely a centimeter apart. I keep staring at Yunhyeong with wide eyes, wondering what he’s planning on doing. Is this guy planning to steal my first kiss?! However, Yunhyeong grabs my phone and releases me; his actions only making me reach out for my phone on instinct.

“Hey! Give it back!”

Unfortunately, Yunhyeong takes advantage of his taller height by lifting my phone above his head, and his strength by pinning me back against the wall with his free arm on my shoulder.

“You take really good pictures. Sadly, these will have to go to the trash.” Yunhyeong compliments genuinely as he scrolls through the pictures I took of him and the girl earlier before deleting all of them. 

I huff in annoyance as I give up on struggling again, because there’s no point. Yunhyeong fumbles with my phone as he pulls out his phone, types in something in both our phones, then tosses my phone back to me. I quickly open it to see that he added his phone number to my contacts as Prince Yunhyeong.

“Unfortunately, I have some business to handle so I can’t stay any longer.” Yunhyeong shrugs as he puts his hands in his pockets while he proceeds to leave, but stops in front of the exit. “One last thing, I hate it when someone ignores me.”

With that, Yunhyeong leaves after sending me a smile and a wink. What a player. I cringe in disgust at his weird behavior as I watch him leave. Once he’s out of sight, I shake my head and leave the school. I frown in pure confusion as I turn on my phone, and stare at Yunhyeong’s contact in my phone.

He could’ve just beat me up, and make me another target to bully along with Jinhwan. But, he chose to exchange numbers with me. What’s the meaning of this? Why would he want to keep in contact with me after what I did to him? 

“What’s this guy up to?” I mutter to myself as I continue walking, lost in thoughts about Yunhyeong’s actions earlier.

~~~~

I yawn loudly as I walk to school. Even though I had enough time to catch up on my sleep yesterday, I couldn’t thanks to a certain devil that wouldn’t stop spamming me with texts. As a result, I end up shutting off my phone for the rest of the day in order to sleep and have enough energy to work.

I pull out my phone as I hear my ringtone playing only to roll my eyes when I read the caller ID, and accept the call. Speaking of the devil.

“Mind telling me why you decided to ignore me yesterday? Don’t you know how much that hurted me, Dong Dong?” 

I could barely resist myself from scoffing at his cringey, fake behavior. How disgusting.

“I was busy.” I reply, not bothering to hide the annoyance in my tone.

“Busy with what?” Yunhyeong ask, finally dropping the fake act.

“Important stuff.” I reply, not wanting to reveal anything personal to him. Yes, work is considered personal to me.

“Aw, you really hurt me, Dong Dong.” Yunhyeong sigh sadly, but I could tell he’s only exaggerating. “You’re going to regret hurting me three times in a row.” 

With that, the devil hangs up. I frown as I stare at my phone in confusion before shrugging it off, and continue walking to school.

“He’s so weird.” I mutter to myself as I remember his last words before he hung up on me. I’m going to regret hurting him three times in a row? What does he mean?

I look up as I walk pass the school gates only to blink in surprise when I see everyone stop doing their business, and stare at me. Actually, let me correct that. I mean, glare at me. I gulp when I see most of the people start whispering to each other while either staring or pointing at me. What did I do to make myself become such a gossip topic? 

I quickly look around, trying my best to avoid making eye-contact with people as I search for my one and only cousin. It didn’t take me long to find Jinhwan pulling out his phone, and suddenly frown deeply as he reads something in it. I decide to approach Jinhwan as he continue to stare at his phone in confusion. 

“Hyung, what’s going on? Why’s everyone looking at me like that?” I ask, feeling rather uncomfortable with all the stares on me and Jinhwan’s dead serious stare isn’t helping. 

“Do you remember what you told me about not liking Yunhyeong at all?” Jinhwan ask seriously. 

I blink in pure confusion. Why is he suddenly talking about Yunhyeong? 

“Yeah, why?” 

“Apparently, someone caught both of you making out in the hallways. And now, everyone thinks you’re both dating.” Jinhwan replies, giving me his phone.

I quickly grab his phone and read the entire article. This one isn’t written by Jinhwan, but a staff named Park Chaeyoung, who goes by the name Rose. I gape in disbelief as I see the pictures that were taken by Rose herself. The angle of the pictures were perfect enough to identify both of us yet made it look like we’re kissing when we clearly didn’t. My gape turns into anger as I read through the article. Yunhyeong claimed that we’re dating?! Is this guy serious?! We’re not even dating! 

“Care to explain everything?” Jinhwan ask, crossing his arms angrily. “I thought you said you’ll never like someone who bullied me?”

I’m about to explain everything, but I gasp in surprise when I feel a sudden weight bumping into me. I nearly lost my balance, but a pair of arms held me in place.

“Here you are, Dong Dong~! I’ve been looking around for you~!” Yunhyeong sings loudly right in my ear. 

I blush in embarrassment when I see everyone staring at us, most of them with jealousy while the other three iKON members and Jinhwan raise an eyebrow. However, that didn’t stop me from glaring at the devil; his smile already pissing me off.

“Yunhyeong, how come I never knew about your relationship with Donghyuk?” B.I ask curiously, but I could hear the wariness in his tone, judging by the way he’s staring at Yunhyeong and I.

I look back at Yunhyeong to see the devil smirking. I suddenly realize what he meant by making me suffer. 

“We pretty much confessed to each other after classes, and agreed to start dating.”

What is he talking about?! That’s not what happened yesterday! I’m about to open my mouth to protest, but Yunhyeong whispers a certain threat in my ear that immediately make me shut my mouth. 

“Unless, you want me to reveal that the anonymous culprit that dared to ruin my reputation is you. I suggest you keep your sassy mouth shut, or things won’t end prettily for you, Dong Dong.” Yunhyeong whispers casually as if it’s normal to threaten someone in public.

This evil devil-in-disguise! I really want to yell insults at him, but I know he’s not joking about his threat. As a result, I just it up, and smile at everyone.

“That’s right.” 

B.I and Bobby exchange a wary glance; both obviously suspecting something off, but didn’t bother to say anything. Jinhwan frown as he stare between Yunhyeong and I; eyes full of nothing but suspicion and concern. Junhoe, however, is the only one who doesn’t seem to suspect a thing, but I think it’s more that he doesn’t care.

“Not going to lie, I’m a bit surprised you’re dating shorty’s little cousin.” Junhoe shrugs as he glances at Jinhwan lazily when Jinhwan averts his attention to him. “Looks like we’ll be spending more time together, shorty.”

“Just because your friend and my cousin are dating doesn’t mean we’ll be spending more time together.” Jinhwan rolls his eyes. 

“Yunhyeong loves bringing his date along whenever we hang out, and since his date is your little cousin, pretty sure you’ll end up joining. After all, you wouldn’t want to leave your little cousin with us without coming along to watch after him since you know what we do, am I right or am I right?” Junhoe smirks and Jinhwan grits his teeth angrily as he glares up at the taller boy. 

I blink in confusion as I glance between the two. What’s Junhoe talking about? I notice the other three iKON members aren’t saying anything; only smirking as we all watch Junhoe and Jinhwan staring each other off. 

“Classes are about to start. Dong Dong and I are leaving first.”

I’m about to protest, but Yunhyeong drags me to the balcony. Knowing I have no choice but to follow him, I just bid farewell to the others. I notice that only B.I and Bobby returns it, except for Junhoe and Jinhwan. I watch as Jinhwan rolls his eyes and walks away to class. 

“Where are you going, shorty?” 

“Somewhere far away from you, ugly.” 

“Who are you calling ugly? I’m the most handsome man in the world.” 

Jinhwan stops in his tracks, and scoffs at Junhoe. He eyes Junhoe from head to toe.

“Nope. Still ugly to me.” 

With that, Jinhwan walks away. B.I and Bobby laughs as they tease Junhoe for getting roasted by Jinhwan while Junhoe just scoffs, acting like the insult doesn’t faze him. 

“Whatever. I’m still the most handsome man in the world.” 

That’s all I witnessed before Yunhyeong drags me inside a building. So, this is what Yunhyeong meant that Junhoe and Jinhwan are known for always fighting each other?

~~~~

“What’s all this dating stuff about?!” I ask in disbelief when Yunhyeong leans against the door of an empty classroom he dragged me into.

“It’s your punishment for ignoring me.” Yunhyeong shrugs. Is this guy serious?! What kind of guy punishes someone for ignoring them by telling everyone they’re dating when they’re not?! 

“Not my fault I was too busy to reply, and you kept spamming me with too much texts. Who has time to read them all?” 

“What were you doing that made you ‘too busy to reply’ to my texts the entire day yesterday?” Yunhyeong ask, face looking serious for some reason.

“Important stuff.” 

“What exactly kind of ‘important stuff’ are we talking about here?” Yunhyeong rolls his eyes. 

“Homework.” 

“From what I know, you always get your homework done during lunch so you won’t have any after classes.” Yunhyeong raises an eyebrow. 

“Wait, how did you know that?” 

“I have my ways.” Yunhyeong shrugs innocently. “Now, tell me what those ‘important stuff’ are.” 

I give him a suspicious glare. Why does he want to know so bad?

“Studying.” I say the first thing that comes on my mind. 

“Studying?” Yunhyeong ask, staring at me suspiciously. “But you have no test this week.”

How does he know that?! 

“I’m a scholarship student and have to work hard for my education. Unlike you, who can afford to pay for your education no matter what school you go to.” 

“Aw, my boyfriend is really a goody-goody two shoes.” Yunhyeong chuckles. “I’m kind of sad that I didn’t kiss you yesterday when I had the chance.”

I cringe in disgust. Ew. I don’t want to lose my first kiss to this player. However, his words make me realize something else. 

“The article and the pictures submitted of us in the hallway- You’re the one behind it?” I ask, staring at him in horror. However, I don’t even know why I bother asking when we both know the answer. 

“You seem to love posting pictures of me making out with others. How does it feel when it backfires on you?” Yunhyeong smirks as he pushes himself off of the door. 

“How are you even the school prince?” I roll my eyes. 

“The title was just given to me.” Yunhyeong shrugs and grins. 

“I’m leaving.” I say as I proceed to walk past him, towards the door. 

“We’re going on a date after school.” Yunhyeong says, immediately making me turn around to face him. 

“I’m busy.” 

“Your studying can wait.” Yunhyeong says, turning around to face me as well. “Learn to take a day off, goody-goody two shoes.” 

“No. I’m not going.” I shake my head stubbornly, making Yunhyeong smirk.

“See you after school, Dong Dong.” Yunhyeong says cheerfully as he waves at me then leaves the classroom. 

I scoff. Why is this guy so stubborn? The bell rings, and I walk quickly to class. I huff in annoyance as I remember Yunhyeong’s words. There’s no way I’m going to let him know that my shift starts after classes. In order to do that, I’m going to have to avoid Yunhyeong after classes and slip out of the gates without his notice.

“What have I got myself into?” I sigh as I enter my first class of the day.

~~~~~~~~

Guess who's back?! iKON's comeback killed me!!! Bling Bling and B-Day are so addicting!!! <3

It's like they knew I needed motivation to update this story, so they came back!!! Welcome back, babies!! Lol. Why am I calling them my babies when I'm younger than all of them? xD

Warning: Comeback spazz alert! :D

I actually stayed up on the night iKON's MVs were released. I watched B-Day first and I tried my best not to scream loudly at every Yundong moment I saw. There was so much! My heart almost couldn't handle it! Not only that, Yundong, Junhwan, and Double B sang the same lines in different verses! And the best for last, my bias Chanwoo's line: "Welcome to Neverland, I'll be your Peter Pan." killed me! That made me smile wider than I usually do! I'll be your Wendy, Chanwoo! /casually ships myself with Chanwoo/ Lol. Jk. x'D

For Bling Bling, the line distribution got me as well! Double B sang the chorus, while Yundong and Junhwan sang the same verse, and Chanwoo sang the bridge all to himself! Oh my gosh! iKON never disappoints! They make me proud to be an iKONic! Not only that, this comeback made my lil sis become an iKONic! x'D 

And my bro is going to buy me both versions of New Kids: Begin albums!! I can't wait!! :O

Besides that, my shippings (especially Yundong) has been so active lately! I love it! My lil sis even ships them too! I'm so influential! :'D

If there are any mistakes in this chapter, then I apologize. /sings and dances iKON's Apology/

Also, I changed my writing style so it's obviously different from the first three chapters. I'll edit the three chapters later on whenever I'm free. 

I also noticed that during the time that I didn't update this story, I've gained more subbies and some more comments full of support! Thank you all for being patient and keep supporting me! I hope this chapter doesn't disappoint! I tried adding more interactions between the couples, and I know you're all still waiting for Chanwoo and Astro's appearance but they'll appear soon! And yes, Park Chaeyoung is Rose from Blackpink. Yeah, I know her name has an accent on the 'E', but I couldn't type it out like that on mobile keyboard. Decided to add her in, because I realized there are hardly any female characters in here. :)

- kyutesomate ^o^