Realization

Confusing Affair

Kiseok ran out of Sunghwa’s house in panic, and he didn’t know what should he do next. He felt totally lost. Totally.

 

“buzz”

 

He shakingly took out his phone and looked at the screen. Luckily, that’s not Sunghwa, the one who he wanted to avoid the most this moment.

 

- Ji.. Jiho?

 

- Hyung, are you okay? Why are you stammering?

 

- No.. no, I’m okay, just a little cold. So why are you calling me this time?

 

- I just... I just want to ask you if you’re free? Let’s get some drinks together, I think I really need some now.

 

Kiseok immediately replied.

 

- Okay, let’s meet. I think I need a drink too.

 

...

 

- That ing coward Jung Kiseok, he is a ing idiot.

 

Jaebum angrily hit the table.

 

- No, I don’t tell you this to make you hate him so don’t talk about your hyung like that. And besides, it was partly my fault too. - Sunghwa sighed sadly.

 

- I don’t see which part of this is your fault, hyung. - Jaebum hissed.

 

- I think I shouldn’t confess and ruin our precious friendship, but I did. He doesn’t like me, and it’s not like I can force him to. It’s fine, I think I’ll get over it soon, just let me be dramatic about it for tonight and then everything will go back to normal.

 

Jaebum rubbed his forehead.

 

- Don’t try to act like you’re okay when you’re not! And plus, I don’t just guess but ing know that he is ing in love with you with the countless amount of times I've seen him look at you like you're the most wonderful thing in the world! He’s just so stupid that he couldn’t accept the true!

 

- It’s not that everything you think is true.

 

Sunghwa sadly took a big gulp of wine. Each word from Jaebum was like a prick in his broken heart.

 

- So hyung, why did you call me here this late? Just to tell me this stupid story and then while I’m giving you some ing objective comments about the current situation and trying to help you feel better but the only things you could do are just keeping protecting that ing idiot, sinking into this ing endless sorrow and sadly drinking like a ing loser???

 

- I call you because I just need someone with me now and I can’t think of anyone else but you and Kiseok hyung in such a situation. If you want to go home just go and let me be alone with these dramatic mess. And besides, stop cursing in front of me.

 

Sunghwa took his bottle, he stood up and lifelessly walked to his bedroom.

 

The younger just looked at his beloved hyung hopelessly. Jung Kiseok the bastard did turned off his phone already, and Jaebum was really not good at these love stories .

 

...

 

- So hyung, what did actually make you stammer? And why did you go out in such a pajama like this?

 

- What the are you talking about? - Kiseok frowned at the younger’s question.

 

- Oh please hyung, how cold can it be at the beginning of September? You really think I’m that gullible??? And besides, you even have your coat, hyung.

 

- So what? Am I the only one who needs drinks in confusion huh? - Kiseok shot the younger a sharp glare. - So, what is your , Woo the ing almighty Jiho?

 

Jiho just let out a quiet sigh.

 

- Kid, tell me your story first. - the older looked at him sympathetically.

 

- Then you will tell me your story? - the younger sent him a curious look.

 

- ... yeah, maybe.

 

The younger hesitated, he looked quite shy.

 

- I... I... I confessed.

 

- What? - Kiseok widened his eyes in curiousity.

 

- I... I confessed with.. my... my bestfriend. You may don’t know him. - the younger bowed his head down.

 

- The little shortie rapper in your group? Then how did he respond? - the older smirked.

 

- How the did you know??? - the younger’s eyes widenned in surprise.

 

- Anyone who has eyes all knew that, you totally fell for that little boy. - the older let out a laugh.

 

- Like everyone all knew that you and Sunghwa hyung is definitely a couple, huh? - Jiho naughtily shot back and immediately extinguished the other’s smile.

 

The change of expression on Kiseok face couldn’t slip through the younger’s sharp eyes.

 

- So, your problem, it’s about Sunghwa hyung, right?

 

Kiseok kept silence, he just took a sip of alcohol.

 

- What happened? A couple fight?

 

- What? No! We’re even not a couple! - the older immediately protested as usual.

 

- Yeah, like I believe. - Jiho let out a laugh - So, what actually did happen?

 

Kiseok still hesitated but he thought he really need some advices now, so he just told the younger everything.

 

- We’re really the same hyung. We’re a couple of cowards, both ran away when we got confused with our true feelings.

 

Jiho painted a bitter smile on his lips after listening to all the story.

 

- What? - the older asked in surprise.

 

- I ran away too. I couldn’t wait till he had any response, and I ran away like a coward. I didn’t dare to face it. Just like you.

 

- Hey , I’m not a ing coward! I just didn’t know what to do! - Kiseok protested.

 

- Why didn’t you know what to do? Wasn’t everything so obvious???

 

- What the is obvious here Woo Jiho? What the do you know about my situation? - Kiseok angrily responded.

 

- So, if you don’t like him then why did you kiss him? And if you don’t like him then what’s so special about him that make you become a confused ball like this?

 

Kiseok immediately reacted to the words as if it’s the most ridiculous thing in the world. As human must breathe to live or trees must have light for photosynthesis, of course Sunghwa must be special to him. He just couldn’t find any words to explain it, explain why he needed Sunghwa to be in his life again.

 

Sunghwa’s certainly very special to him.

 

The younger knew all of Kiseok’s habits, even good or bad, and he accepted the older with all his heart no matter what happened. He knew how to read his body language and hidden feelings under every of his expressions. He knew when to leave the older alone even when he didn’t say a word and when to keep being with him persistently even when the older shooed him away. Sunghwa is the one who Kiseok knew that would never leave his side but he’s also the one that Kiseok was afraid to lose the most in his life.

 

Sunghwa knew Kiseok in a way no one else would ever know him, and that’s what made him special.

 

- I don’t know. He just is. - Kiseok answered with a sigh after five minutes of silence. - I even don’t understand myself yet. I don’t understand why I did that, he’s my best friend and now I don’t even know what to do next with my life.

 

Jiho heaved a sigh, this idiot hyung’s completely hopeless.

 

- If you don’t like him then just forget all about him!

 

- Forget about him? - Kiseok bewilderedly looked at the younger.

 

If getting back to normal meant forgetting all about Sunghwa, Kiseok would rather deal with the pain for the rest of his life.

 

- Yeah, or you can simply go back there and say an apology, say that you two should come back to normal life and forget about what happened, then just be friends again!

 

Friends.

 

Wasn’t it what Kiseok wanted? They would keep being friends, living like they has been for all the time. They would continue spending Friday evenings together. They would again together do everything that they’ve always done together, under the label of friendship.

 

But somehow, Kiseok felt his heart so heavy in his chest that he could stop breathing right that moment, when he thought about them being friends again, like they were before. He recognized that he didn’t want it. He didn’t want them to still be friends. He didn’t want things to go back to normal again. Definitely not.

 

After that kiss, Kiseok recognized that he had always wanted to have something with Sunghwa that more than friends could have together. He was always be content with this “friendship” relationship because even if it’s just a friendship, his relationship with Sunghwa is too valuable to Kiseok to lose. He didn’t dare to think about taking a risk, and he was freaked out when the one who took that risk first was not him but the younger. Yeah, Jiho was right, he is a ing coward.

 

And right at that moment, all the pieces slowly fitted together in his mind and it took him a few seconds to let it sink in.

 

- Holy , I think I’m in love with Sunghwa.

 

Jiho didn’t ask him about the sudden timing, the younger just let out a sympathetic laugh at his hyung’s soulless face.

 

- Finally your brain woke up hyung. Finally.

 

End shot 3.

 

P/s: sorry if this chapter :(