Accident

Confusing Affair

It was just a normal weekend as usual, when they hadn’t had any schedule or party Kiseok would come to Sunghwa’s house to spend a Friday evening with him. The show ended two months ago and now they could have free times for their own. Sunghwa always told Kiseok to come to his house because he knew if they spent time in Kiseok’s apartment then the older would never clean the mess when Sunghwa left. They would just watch a movie or play video games together till one of them fell asleep then the awaken one would lift the sleeping one to the bedroom, and the lifting always be Kiseok’s job. The older would lay right next to the younger and right then fall asleep because of the tiredness, and then at midnight the younger would wake up because he felt uncomfortable of not brushing his teeth and not changing in clothes. He would come to the bathroom to clean himself and then go back to sleep in the older’s embrace. Yeah, things supposed to be like that. It shoud really be. If that accident didn’t happen.

 

- Hyung, you forget your towel again.

 

Sunghwa was standing in front of the bathroom door with a towel in his hand. This hyung always needs to be taken care of.

 

- Thank you. Put it in my hand please, I can’t reach you.

 

A hand was poking out from behind the door and almost touched Sunghwa’s head.

 

- Down here hyung, you are too tall. - the younger complained, he gave Kiseok the towel and got a loud laughter back.

 

...

 

- What a baby. You are even older than me, when will you learn how to take care of yourself hyung? - Sunghwa came toward the older to bring him clothes.

 

- Baby? Who’s talking? Isn’t the one who a head shorter than me? - Kiseok let out a laughter again while the younger was standing there in front of him, crossed his arms and pouting like a kid.

 

- Don’t you dare talk about my height once again.

 

Kiseok just grinned brightly, it was never said out loud but he thought that a sulky Sunghwa was really cute.

 

- What did you just say? You’re admitting that actually you’re a little dwarf???

 

- Yahh this hyung!!!

 

Sunghwa was about to come closer and give the older a teasing slap but before he could do that, he suddenly slipped into a puddle of water on the floor. Damn Jung Kiseok and his habit of not drying all the water on his body before getting out of the bathroom, the younger thought, he shut his eyes and prepared to have a painful fall on the hard floor.

 

“Ouch”

 

Sunghwa didn’t feel any pain from his back, instead he felt something quite soft on both his back and his lips. The younger slowly opened his eyes and immediately he was in a big shock.

 

The thing at his back was Kiseok’s arm and the thing on his lips was, damn it, Kiseok’s lips.

 

He never imagined that something such this dramatic could happen to him, in real life.

 

...

 

Not only Sunghwa was in a big shock.

 

Reflexively, when Kiseok saw that the younger was about to fall he immediately stretched out his hand to catch him. But it was to late to keep Sunghwa from falling and because his hand was at the younger’s back, he was pulled to fall with the younger. Before Kiseok could understand what’s really happening, he recognized that he fell on Sunghwa’s body and his lips were on the younger’s soft lips.

 

Both of them were frozen like that for almost a minute.

 

Kiseok didn’t really understand why he couldn’t just stand up quickly and laugh it off like a funny accident. He felt like the vague wall within him had just crumbled. He felt like his whole body was weakened, he wasn’t really sure that if his four limbs couldn’t move or they just simply didn’t want to move.

 

And in such that unsober state, Kiseok did something really crazy that he never could imagine.

 

He kissed Sunghwa. Yeah, he really kissed Lee Sunghwa, his best friend for life.

 

It’s totally a deep kiss, needy and desperate. Kiseok took the fact that Sunghwa wasn’t pulling away in disgust or absolute hatred as a good sign, so he continued on and groaned in surprise when Sunghwa kissed him back. A weird feeling was growing in his chest, heavy against his rib cage as if it was ready to explode. Sunghwa’s roamed his hands on Kiseok’s back, and the older grabbed and tugged at his hair. Kiseok bit Sunghwa’s lower lip and caused the younger to arch his back ily.

 

When Sunghwa finally pushed away for a breath and Kiseok immediately sat up, both of them tried to catch their breaths while staring into each other’s eyes in silence. They were thinking of what they should say, thinking if this was what they really wanted or not, if this was a mistake or not.

 

- Sunghwa, I.. I...

 

- Kiseok hyung.

 

They spoke together coincidently, and right then kept silent for a while to wait for each other to speak first.

 

- I’m so sorry, I...

 

- Hyung, I like you.

 

They spoke at the same time again, confusingly. Kiseok frowned in another surprise after his brain could understand what the younger had just said.

 

- Wh... what?

 

- I like you, hyung, more than a friend. It has been a quite long time. - Sunghwa blushed and bit his lips.

 

The older just kept silent for a minute before suddenly stood up. His heart was beating crazily in his chest, as if it desperately wanted to escape.

 

- H..hyung? Did I… say something wrong? - Sunghwa looked bewildered, he was totally panicked at Kiseok’s action.

 

This is wrong, we’re friends and we shouldn’t do this. I made a mistake. Those words were repeatedly playing in Kiseok’s mind.

 

- You... you kissed me, so I thought that you felt the same way? Was I wrong?

 

The surprise and hurt in Sunghwa’s eyes made Kiseok realized that he spoke those thoughts out loud. And that frightened him even a lot more.

 

He had caused this mess. Both of them would have had a normal Friday evening together without a verge of a ruined friendship if this didn’t happen. He really wanted to say “no, you’re right” and then pull the younger into his embrace, but he was just too scared. And so then, he did the most stupid thing in his life, the thing he shouldn’t do the most in such a situation, that would make him regret for a very long time later.

 

He took his coat and left Sunghwa’s house without any other word, leaving his broken best friend behind.

 

End shot 2.