Some

Confusing Affair

Lee Sunghwa is a very handsome boy.

 

Sure, everyone admitted this. Everyone, included all the female audiences who got crazy for him in all the concerts of AOMG, all the female contestants who was overwhelmed by his appearance then forgot all of their lyrics in the first round of Show Me The Money, all the fellow producers from the other teams in the show and even all the rappers in AOMG, their own company.  Except the height, every shapes of him is perfect. That’s what people said. But really, Kiseok thought that even Sunghwa’s height was perfect too. Sunghwa is almost as high as Kiseok’s shoulder, and that’s why Kiseok can easily pull the younger boy into his embrace whenever he wants. So that means Sunghwa’s appearance is perfect in Kiseok’s eyes. Really perfect.

 

Jung Kiseok is a very handsome man.

 

Yeah, Sunghwa admitted that. A perfect height, a y body, a manly angular face, a pair of deep black eyes, a high nose bridge, a pair of full lips and a seductive smirk, it’s certain that Kiseok can take the heart of every girl he wants. When Sunghwa goes out with Kiseok, he could feel all the gazes on Kiseok from the girls around them. Kiseok is really an attractive manly man, especially when he’s rapping. Not lesser than ten times he found himself being hypnotized like a dumb while watching the older’s rap practice. Not just a handsome face, everything from Kiseok made Sunghwa feel beautiful. Everything.

 

Lee Sunghwa lives with his rules.

 

Sunghwa loves cleanliness, living messily and dirtily is unbearable to him. Everything in his house must be in the order he arranged or he would be unsatisfied. He likes making plans and following his plans, if there’re some sudden changes he will be unhappy. Sunghwa doesn’t like let anything out of control, and that’s why he always got preparation for everything he would do. It gave him excellent problem solving skills, and Kiseok really admired the younger for that. Despite being older, Kiseok seems to be a lot less mature than Sunghwa and sometimes he even had to ask the younger for a help. And everytime, even if Sunghwa always grumbled about how messy Kiseok’s life was, the younger always help him clean his mess anyways. That made Kiseok feel like he always had someone to take care of him, like a firm rear. Except his mom and Sunghwa, no one has ever made Kiseok feel that safe. Definitely no.

 

Jung Kiseok lives with his free soul.

 

Kiseok loves doing things on his own, not follow any rules and any plans but just his inspiration. Even when he has a schedule to go to the studio and record a new song, it’s not suprised to Sunghwa to find that the older boy is actually in New York or Paris or some other cities abroad that day because he feels like that place would inspire him and help him compose a good song or even just make him relaxed. Even when his apartment totally became a mess Kiseok wouldn’t mind to move a finger to just throw the garbages away but someday he may suddenly feel like cleaning everything even when just the day before Sunghwa helped him do all of those houseworks. Sunghwa thought that it’s both annoying but quite fine of Kiseok to have such that personality. When he got tired of arranging and making things around him in order then the older will tell him to let everything untidy like that and have a rest for himself. They will be lazily laying on bed together all day long even when both of them have many works to do, and althought they would be super busy the next day because of all the delayed works, Sunghwa still felt like his energy was refilled. Kiseok is the one who taught him how to enjoy his life and untied him from his own imagined discipline rope. Even how stressed life was, Sunghwa always feel comfortable because he knew that he had someone always got his back and freed his soul. And that’s all Sunghwa needs to know.

 

Lee Sunghwa is introverted.

 

Sunghwa loves staying at home or working alone in the studio. Of course their job made them to go out and communicate a lot but Kiseok knew that Sunghwa didn’t really like it. The younger boy prefers the silent places and listening to ballad music even when he’s an underground producer. That’s the reason why when Kiseok got tired with the crowded noisy society outside, his instinct always immediately leads him to Sunghwa as a salvation for his soul. Sunghwa loves peacefulness and Kiseok loves the peaceful atmosphere around Sunghwa, that’s simply how things work between them.

 

Jung Kiseok is extroverted.

 

As the co-CEO of AOMG, Kiseok is almost regarded as the official spokesman of their company because the other CEO Jay Park was afraid that he was not cautious enough with the public after the scandal with his old boygroup some years ago. It seems to be that the older man has friends everywhere he put his feet on, he’s the man of society. Parties love him, pretty girls love him, people love him. And because of that sociability, sometimes when Kiseok thought that Sunghwa fell too deep into his own sorrowful quiet world, the older man would drag him to some eventful parties, introduce him to some new friends to liven him up. Sunghwa knew that his biggest weakness is being easily beaten by himself, being easily sunk in his own emotion flows and then feeling stuck. That’s why he considered Kiseok as his navigator, as someone who could wake him up, to bring him to real life again. And he really appreciated that. From the bottom of his heart, really.

 

Lee Sunghwa always thinks that he needs to take care of Jung Kiseok.

 

Sunghwa doesn’t really understand why, but he always thinks that taking care of Kiseok is his duty. No needs to be asked by the older, Sunghwa would always come to Kiseok’s apartment once a week to clean the house for him, put all of his laundry to the washing machine, water the small garden at the front yard, cook him some nutritious food and put them to his fridge with some sticky notes at the fridge door that remind him to eat and rest well. It was became one of his unsaid rules, if he doesn’t take care of Kiseok he would feel uneasy. So that’s what he did, no needs to understand why.

 

Jung Kiseok always thinks that he needs to protect Lee Sunghwa.

 

Kiseok doesn’t really understand why but he proclaimed a duty upon himself, that’s he has to safeguard the younger at all costs. Not only trying to protect the younger, Kiseok has appointed himself as Sunghwa’s assistant to simply say no to all of the people who think they’re worthy enough of having a date with the younger boy. It wasn’t like Kiseok was jealous or something, he just thinks that he should give Sunghwa a helping hand. In between the composing works, the recording schedules, the work parties and the hangouts with Kiseok, Sunghwa definitely doesn’t have enough time for those useless dates with those boring people. Definitely.

 

Lee Sunghwa and Jung Kiseok, they have a confusing kind of relationship.

 

Everyone who sees them would think that they’re a couple. The way Kiseok puts his arm around Sunghwa’s waist, the way Sunghwa leans his head on Kiseok’s shoulder, the way their eyes sparkled when they saw each other again after Kiseok’s trip to US for SMTM audition, the way they naturally decided to stay in a same hotel room during AOMG abroad tours, slept in a same bed and fell asleep in each other’s embraces. But whenever there’s someone tell them that apparently they’re together, Kiseok would protest and Sunghwa would just smile it off as a funny joke. It seems like everyone could see it but not them two idiots.

 

...

 

- Sunghwa, are you here?

 

Kiseok asked as soon as he stepped onto the terrace of Mnet building. He couldn’t find Sunghwa around the stage after they announced the result of One and Gun’s match. He immediately went up here because he know the younger loves silent places. The past few days when they lost and lost again and again, Sunghwa was always be by his side to comfort him, to keep him strong. But Kiseok knew that Sunghwa was just trying to be strong for him, and the younger had reached his limit with losing One this time. Kiseok knew that Sunghwa’s really not alright, and he knew this’s his turn to be the prop of the younger.

 

Yeah, Kiseok knew he was right, Sunghwa’s here. The younger was huddling at a corner of the place, and that image made Kiseok’s heart sink so deep.

 

- Sunghwa...

 

The younger boy turned back and right when their eyes met he faked Kiseok a smile to show him that he’s alright. Kiseok sighed, he sat down beside the other and put an arm on his shoulder.

 

- Spill it out.

 

- What? - the younger looked at him in surprise.

 

- You don’t have to pretend anymore, you don’t need to be strong for me. I get used of this .

 

- What are you talking about, can’t I just come here for some air? Now I feel better so let’s go down and help Byungyoon prepare for his performance, hyung. We only have one hour before it start.

 

Sunghwa was about to stand up and walk away before he was pulled back by the older man. He tried to escape the embrace but he just couldn’t, Kiseok was a lot stronger than him.

 

- Hyung what are you doing? Let me go!

 

- I won’t leave until you’re really alright so you better stay here with me and spill all out.

 

Sunghwa fell silent a while before heaving a sigh.

 

- ... okay hyung, just let me go first.

 

Kiseok loosened his embrace, he knew this boy couldn’t be stubborn with him for too long.

 

- Is my incompetence the main reason for our lose?

 

Sunghwa warily asked when they already sat down beside each other.

 

- What the are you talking about? Who did you get that idea from? It’s ing ridiculous! - Kiseok was really discontent.

 

- I mean, we have good rappers in our team, you trained them very well but we keep losing! Isn’t that my fault? Aren’t my song good enough to win just once?...

 

- Sunghwa, listen.

 

The younger boy was suddenly silenced. He looked at Kiseok and felt a little relieved when the furiousness on the older’s face was slowly vanishing.

 

- Firstly, you are not incompetent.

 

Sunghwa look at Kiseok again, unsurely.

 

- Think about it, do you remember the PAK we got with Who You? That meant your song was certainly good, but we lost just because we were unlucky. You know what, win or lose, sometimes it depends on luck. Don’t blame yourself for everything. And besides, Byungyoon will help us win this match, so don’t worry.

 

- Are you sure?

 

- Can’t be more.

 

Kiseok firmly said while the younger boy just kept silent.

 

- We are a team so if you are an incompetent producer, then I’m a useless rap trainer. Am I?

 

- No, definitely not.

 

- Good, problem’s solved. Now let’s go, we need to hurry and help Byungyoon prepare for his match.

 

Before Kiseok could pull the boy toward the terrace door, he spotted a smile on the younger’s lips, a real smile, not a fake one like the one before. For a long long time since they agreed to be the producers for this show till now he hasn’t seen any real smile from Sunghwa.

 

Kiseok suddenly felt like he wants to be the one who always be there for Sunghwa, wipe away his tears, his sadness and be the reason behind his smiles and laughters, forever. And the next thing he knew was, he suddenly felt his heart skip a beat.

 

Well, .

 

End shot 1.