Together

Confusing Affair

Forget about his close junior and his childish love story, it took Kiseok two days to have enough courage to come to find Sunghwa.

 

- Where is he?

 

- He’s just gone out for a while. What? What do you find him for after being missing two days?

 

No need to ask who the older was talking about, Jaebum just looked at him mockingly with a satisfied smirk on his face.

 

- I have to talk to him, there’s some misunderstanding need to be solved.

 

Kiseok tried to keep his calmness when the younger just snickered. He suddenly stood up and came closer to the older before shooting him a very sharp glare and grabbing his collar.

 

- You don’t deserve Sunghwa after what you’ve done to him, jerk.

 

Before Kiseok could defend himself or scold Jaebum for the lack of honorifics, the younger harshly shoved him away and walked out of the room immediately, sparing no pitiful glance to the older man.

 

Kiseok felt like his heart stopped beating in some seconds when he heard Sunghwa’s name and recalled how cowardly he treated the younger. Kiseok heaved a sigh, he knew that he had to fix his actual mistake as soon as possible.

 

...

 

- SUNGHWA! BE CAREFUL!!!

 

Sunghwa had barely understood what was happening but suddenly he felt being pushed hard back to the curb. Opening his eyes in shock, he couldn’t be more suprised to see a Jung Kiseok fallen on top of him.

 

- H... hyung?

 

Kiseok immediately recovered and hurriedly stood up. If he didn’t coincidently decided to get out to buy a coffee while waiting for Sunghwa to come back and didn’t see the car was coming when the younger was flightily crossing the street while checking his phone then what would happen, he even didn’t dare to imagine. Kiseok secretly checked if the younger got any injury and when he made sure that Sunghwa didn’t, he warily asked:

 

- Are.. are you okay?

 

- Ah... yeah, thanks for saving me, hyung. - Sunghwa answered while awkwardly dusting his clothes, he still felt like couldn’t look straight at the older’s eyes althought his heart was swelling a bit of the older’s caring action.

 

- Oh.. if you are okay then it’s okay. Yeah... let’s go back to the studio, I think we have to talk to each other.

 

Kiseok suddenly hesitated when he saw the younger’s confused expression, but then he tried to keep calm. He still had a bigger problem to solve, he couldn’t be a coward once again.

 

On the way to the studio, even in the elevator, they didn’t say a single word. The atmosphere was really strained, and Sunghwa was shaking a bit when thinking about what Kiseok would talk to him. An outright rejection? Or something like “I’m so sorry, I made a mistake, can we forget about what happened, go back to normal and be friends again?”? Anyways, it was expected to be a bitter rejection. With fingers curling in and nails digging into his palms, he almost couldn’t breathe because of the fear was squeezing his heart and piercing his lungs like millions pieces of glass. He didn’t prepare to be in such a terrible situation.

 

Kiseok could see Sunghwa’s insecurities and he had to try to refrain himself from pulling the younger into a tight embrace. Maybe he would do that later, just need to wait for a few more minute.

 

...

 

- So, what do you want to talk about?

 

Sunghwa took all his courage to ask the older after they already have been in his working room and they already sat down for a minute but didn’t say a word to each other.

 

- I... I...

 

There’s totally a mess in Kiseok’s head, right this moment.

 

Everything he prepared to say to Sunghwa suddenly vanished as he didn’t think about it. The sadness in the younger’s eyes even made him more confused.

 

- Sunghwa, I’m so sorry...

 

Sunghwa already prepared to be disappointed.

 

- That day... I... I made such a huge mistake...

 

Well...

 

- Hyung, stop.

 

He suddenly interrupted the older man.

 

- I know what you will say next. Okay, we can forget everything keep being friends but you know that it will never be like how it was before, right?

 

Kiseok dazedly looked at the younger.

 

- What are you talking about?

 

- I know hyung, of course I know what you are going to say next. That you’re so sorry of what you’ve done, you’re so sorry of kissing me and then you will ask me if we can forget about what happened and be friends again. I know, I think that our friendship is precious too, and I’m so sorry that I ruined it with my stupid confession, and I want you to forget about it too even when my heart was crumbling but everything I want was your happiness so let’s forget about this and just start over...

 

The younger’s watery eyes’re like a hard punch in Kiseok’s chest.

 

- No, Sunghwa stop! I didn’t mean that! It’s not what you’re thinking!

 

Sunghwa immediately silenced in surprise with the older’s explosion.

 

- Look at my eyes, and please listen carefully every words I say right now.

 

The older gently cupped Sunghwa’s face and looked straight at his eyes. The close distance between their faces suddenly made the younger’s heart almost melted.

 

- I want to say that I’m sorry, I made a mistake because that night I ran away after what I’ve done and left you alone. I’m sorry that you had to say sorry for the right thing you did while I’m the one who acted like . I’m sorry that I was so stupid. I’m so sorry that I didn’t understand myself sooner. I’m sorry that I hurt you like hell while I totally could man up and admit my true feelings for you instead of keeping hiding it under the name of friendship like a ing coward who didn’t dare to face the truth.

 

The more words Kiseok was saying, the faster Sunghwa’s heart was beating.

 

- I’m so sorry for what I’ve done the whole time. I just..

 

Kiseok paused for a second in hesitation to find the right words to use but when their eyes met again, his mind almost went blank. So all he could do was just following his instinct and saying the only three words in his head at that moment.

 

- I love you.

 

Before Sunghwa could respond, Kiseok softly pressed their lips together. Unlike the previous accidental one, this kiss was full of raw emotion and loving feelings overflowing from the bottom of their hearts. A tear was falling from the closed eyes of the younger and Kiseok gently wiped it away by his thumb while promising to himself that it’s the last time he made the younger cry. He could feel the younger’s arms wrapping around his neck as he wanted to deepen the kiss, and Kiseok responded to the younger by wrapping his arms around Sunghwa’s waist and pressed their bodies together.

 

Sunghwa could taste the coffee on Kiseok’s tongue. A part of himself wanted to pull the older away and nag him about again having a cup of espresso instead of eating breakfast because he knew that’s what Kiseok always did, but the other part told him that right now he even wasn’t sober enough to care. He blamed on the coffee, it was always the coffee. Kiseok should drink coffee everyday, Sunghwa thought as the older slowly pushed him lying down on the sofa.

 

Before totally losing their control, they still could hear someone outside screaming something about “gosh how the dare you two to make out here in my office?!”. Perhaps they already knew who was that, but well, who still cares?

 

...

 

It was a normal Friday evening, as usual.

 

Yeah, there’re not much changes. Kiseok still came to Sunghwa’s house to spend the evening with him and they ate pasta which was cooked by the younger then watching a movie named What If together. Sunghwa even didn’t washed the dishes but that could be done tomorrow because Kiseok told him to let them be and also because now he’s enjoying watching Daniel Radcliffe and Zoe Kazan staring at each other intently.

 

- Do you think that this movie will have a happy ending? - Sunghwa suddenly asked Kiseok after taking a gulp of latte.

 

He turned beside after the question and startled a bit by the older’s loving look.

 

- Yes, I’m sure that they definitely will be together. I’ve already seen something like this before by my own eyes, started out as friendship and grew into something bigger.

 

No need to wait for the younger’s response to his cheesiness, Kiseok suddenly reached out and used his thumb to wipe the coffee foam on the side of Sunghwa’s mouth. The younger rolled his eyes but still be blushing when Kiseok the foam off his fingers and sent him a seducing wink.

 

Sunghwa still fell asleep somewhere about the end of the movie and lifting the younger to the bedroom was still Kiseok’s job.

 

They totally looked like a newly married couple with Sunghwa sleeping peacefully in Kiseok’s embrace on Sunghwa’s new king size bed, no need to ask but Kiseok understood what the younger bought it for. The duvet was so warm and the mattress felt softer than usual. The way Sunghwa smelt like caffeine and something indescribable in his heart made him want to keep the younger in his arms forever.

 

Kiseok smiled at the sleeping beauty next to him as he pressed a kiss on Sunghwa's forehead.

 

- Goodnight, Sunghwa.

 

 “I love you”.

 

He quickly fell asleep without noticing a slight smile at the younger’s lips.

 

“I love you too”.

 

End.