A Man Obessesd

A Woman's Worth

Sehun was beginning to grow irritated. Jai hasn't answered any of his text or calls. Not even an ' I'm busy ' text. He went out of his way to make the plan of his come to fruition and he was being treated as an afterthought. Especially by that family of his. He couldn't stand how they swept his conviction under the rug. If this was Korea his family's reputation would have been ruined and bankrupted, the media would be camped out by his home waiting for chances to ask humiliating questions. If this was Sehun's home turf Tao would be a criminal serving time, not getting married to Jai.

Jai, of course, would be the foreigner that got caught up in the mess. It would be unfortunate but at least she wouldn't be married or getting married to a criminal. In Sehun's mind that would be for the best and a win for him. He hated how the couple grew in what felt like overnight. He liked it better when Jai would complain about how Tao was ignoring her and making her wish she was back home, he enjoyed her angst. It made Sehun feel like his sister death was not in vain, that SoJin was haunting Tao to the point where he couldn't have normal relationships with anyone else. Tao being happy with someone who wasn't his murdered sister was a slap in the face to the Oh name.

He knew that even though the couple were basking in the glow of marriage, it wouldn't last forever and Tao would probably demand they seal their marriage officially. Sehun hoped Jai would stay committed to running away from her wifely duties. The longer she put it off the closer they would be to nullifying said secret marriage.

Sehun smirked as he quickly typed a text message to Jai, he knew that she would be calling asap when she read it.

'Just thought of what you can do to pay me back, call me or else your secret won't be a secret any longer'

He had to admit it was a bit corny but it did just fine, he Jai would get nervous and would call him to protect her windfall..marriage.

*

Jai had just left the surgery prep meeting when her phone vibrated, thinking it was her mother in law again she picked up right away. It was Sehun instead and what he wrote made Jai freeze up!

"Holy" She said out loud making the hospital stall walking back look at her for a moment before continuing to pass her.

She began wondering what he was referring to but remembered what they had last spoken about, her marriage and her purity status. He knew all of that was planning on blackmailing her. Tao had said to depend on her but he was injured and wouldn't be able to handle all this. How was she supposed to depend on his help?

She thought about calling his bluff but worried what he would do if she replied saying she didn't care. Jai felt tense as she tapped on Sehun's name to call him but she remembered what Tao had said to her earlier
'He wants us to go against each other to punish me but I won't let him pull us apart.'

She decided that calling his bluff was for the best, besides what was the worst he could do that Tao's Dad couldn't make disappear?

'I don't care' She replied boldly to Sehun's text. This made her nervous but she decided to let the chips fall where they land and deal with the consequences with her husband's family by her side.

  After the surgery Jai was allowed to see Tao, he was now sleeping but had asked the doctors to arrange a bed so she could sleep in the same room as him as he recovered. Even when he was swollen and tired he still accommodated her, she knew she made the right decision sticking to her promise and depending on him. The worry she felt had disappeared and was replaced by the warm fuzzy feeling of security. As she dozed off she watched her sleeping Tao "Thank you" she whispered.

          Meanwhile, Sehun grew furious at her attitude, the pity he felt for her was gone. She had her chance to be saved from the storm that was coming, he had hoped she would wake up and realise she was on the wrong team but now none of that mattered. Jai would go down with the Huang family and her family would suffer because of her. At least his conscience would be free of all the stress she caused him.

She would soon regret rejecting him and the offer he was planning to extend to her but that wasn't his problem.

He readied his contacts emails and began to write out a very detailed letter about the manner of their marriage and even linked a few proofs as bait. The highest bid would have all the things they needed to sully the precious Huang family and their money bride Jaid, though the others would have just enough to humiliate Jai especially. 

To be fair he did provide them all with flattering pictures of the couple, he wasn't that petty give them candid shots that did the beautiful couple no justice. He gave himself mental pats on the back for being ever so kind to the people who ruined his ing life.

A few minutes after sending his inbox was flooded with bids as high as 30k just for the basic info which he happily gave but it wasn't what he was expecting. He was waiting for biggest fish to bite and he hoped it was soon. In the meanwhile he sent Jai one last text, not to warn her but gloat about her impending fall from grace.

'I wish the best for you'  He kept it simple and vague. Hoping she would think nothing of it and ignore it, then let his last text haunt her as the life she knew it crumbled.