Chapter 4

Heart Fragments

7 AM - Park Chanyeol's House.

"Here we are," the driver announced, greeting me with a firm smile.

I nodded and murmur my thanks. I didn't realized that we've reached to our destination. It was clear that his last, spiteful words still lingers in my mind. I looked up at the house, well, more like a mansion but with a modern twist. I sighed as I entered the passcode to his house. I pushed the door opened, stepped inside and change my sneakers into one of those cloth slippers. He's pretty strict even in his own house. He hates people wearing shoes inside his house. I casually tossed my bag onto the couch. He dislikes that too and has scold me a number of times but I don't give a anymore. Even with the slippers, I can feel the cool tiled floor under my feet as I glide through the house.

"Good morning Mr. Park, where are the items you want me to collect?" I shouted, looking for him in HIS own house. God, this place is awfully huge. Why would anybody want a house this big when there's going to be only one person inhabiting it?

"Ah there you are, Ms. Lee," He began.

I tracked his voice and it's coming from behind as I was checking one of the rooms. I turned around and God, please have mercy on my poor soul as he emerged, after a shower. He had his lower half covered with his towel, his body was still wet, glistening with droplets of water running down his body, over his sick, sculpted abdomen. I know I just broke up but this wouldn't be a bad thing to distract my mind. God, I feel awful.

"Mr. Park, regarding the items, can you at least tell me what they are?" I cleared my throat, looking at the floor. I could sense a set of footsteps approaching me. My heart beats faster. , I might even skip a few beats here.

"Look at me," He ordered firmly. He's really standing right infront of me now. I hesitate but I could feel his eyes staring straight at me. So I braced myself and looked up into his intense gaze. I realized that I've never been up close to him before because this man is gorgeous. No words can describe how perfect of a man he is, "have you been crying again, Ms. Lee? Judging by the bags under your eyes that you failed to cover and the hint of faint alcohol scent. Did that scumbag boyfriend of yours left you?" His tone at the last sentence were cold as ice.

"My personal business is mine and mine only to handle, Mr. Park. Please, do not waste your time dwelling on it." I pleaded, looking into his brown eyes. It was not a surprise that he knew about my business. He knows everything about his employees, he does a background check on every single one of us because he needs to know what sort of a person they are before hiring them. It's almost like another brownie point, to convince him that they would be a valuable asset to any of his companies. It's an intrusion of privacy if you ask me but his skeptical just needs one final boost. Unfortunately for me, since I applied for a vacancy as his PA regretfully, he had to know every single detail about me because I'll be dealing with him every single day whether it would be a business matter or personal reasons and him knowing about my relationship is also not a surprise to me. I know it felt like I'm being too submissive about this but I'm just too tired to deal with his shenanigans. Not to mention that this job does pays well...and I needed the money.

"Cut the crap, Soo." He cut me half way, looking back down at me. I shivered, he only calls me by that name when things get serious. I could feel tears started to form, "look at me." He said, his icy tone gone, replaced by a soothing voice, a little bit husky but it was enough to make me burst into tears. He pulled me closer to him, keeping me close to his chest as I cried as hard as I could, letting my tears flow free from the night I thought I couldn't cry anymore. I couldn't hold it back anymore.

"I know what he did to you," He began, breaking the silence, "it was a ing move by him." He chastised. His voice hummed as I was lost in his warm embrace. He tucked my hair away, looking at me in the eyes. He wiped the tears off my cheeks and for the first time in forever, I witnessed the cutest smile ever.

"I lied to you, Ms. Lee." He chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck, "There was no items to be collected. I just needed to check up on you." I pouted. First, I cried in front of him, letting my guard down. Now, he told me it was all a set up and we're back to Ms. Lee now huh. What is this? a rollercoaster ride?

"Let me get dressed first then we'll make our way to somewhere nice for breakfast," He suggested, turning towards his closet. I nodded weakly. With everything going on, I'd let him take me out for breakfast. I don't need to add another agenda in my plate. Not with all the what and why questions. I came back to the living room and sat down at the couch, next to my bag. For the first time since I dated Sehun, Mr. Park seems to be a bit relaxed and well, in a good mood compared to back then when I dated the jerk. I guess he doesn't like Sehun at all. I giggled, cracking a small smile, he's just so funny sometimes. Why would he hate Sehun at all? I pondered on reasons upon reasons. OK, some of them doesn't makes sense but what if, hear me out, what if he likes me? The thought alone had successfully made me turned bright red but it's impossible because we've got nothing but a boss-staff relationship. Yes, we occasionally flirt and everything but isn't that what PAs do? At least, that's what I always see on TV. I grunted, whatever the reason would be, I'm grateful for Mr. Park's actions. I needed that.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hey! it's the author here.

Hope you'll enjoy this chapter as much as I (sleepily) wrote it.

(yallshouldconsidersubscribingorcommentformorestories)

thank you!