Chapter 3

Heart Fragments

5.45 AM - Soo Jin's Apartment

I like hot showers. I thought to myself as I sit on the floor, letting the water rain down on me. A million thoughts raced in my mind but only one question remains the same; why am I not enough? I sighed. I gave him everything he wanted, everything he asked for. , I even gave my ity to him. God, I was so stupid. I felt like I got robbed of my own dignity. Tears welled in my eyes but I wiped them off immediately. I stood up, grabbing whatever shampoo bottle I can reach. It really doesn't matter when you're feeling absolutely ty. Unfortunately for me, I unconciously picked out his shampoo. I gave out another sigh. I've always loved the smell of his hair everytime we lay down side by side, with his head on my chest as I ran my fingers through his hair. God, where did we go wrong? 

_________________________________________________________________

I could've just called in sick and stayed at home but that also means that I'll be crying my eyeballs out. So, no thank you, I'd rather do something else to keep me occupied rather than thinking about than thinking of that idiot. I shook my head, walking towards my dressing table. I took a brush out from one of the compartment and started to detangle any knots.

"You've got this, Soo," I motivated myself while struggling to detangle that one stubborn knots. I yanked and I pulled, the knot slowly began to unravel, "There's plenty of fish in the sea for you, why would you let one grumpy fish to destroy you?" I assured myself. There, I thought, pulling my hair back into a ponytail. Now, onwards to the kitchen to grab some light snack before going off for work. I glanced at the clock next to the bathroom door.  It's almost 6.15AM. , that's a tad bit early. Usually I'd still be sleeping at this hour. I sling my bag over my shoulder, clutching my sneakers on my way out from my bedroom. If mom were to see me in this state, she'd be heart-brokened. She never likes it when I get sad because she knew I won't tell her anything. Hence, why she protected me from all the boys trying to get to me. She agreed that I'll be allowed dating when I get to college. I chuckled, I was a wild rabbit when I came to college.

As I sat down on the chair next to the shoe rack, trying to get into my worn out sneakers, my phone began to vibrate. I kept it on silent for years and it was an absolute bliss.

"Hello, this is Lee Soo Jin speaking." I answered with a polite tone, waiting for any response from the other end.

"Good morning Ms. Lee," the caller began, "this is Mr. Park, would you mind stopping by my house to collect a few things? Thank you."

He abruptly ended the call. I sighed and cursed myself under my breath as I'm tying my other shoe. Mr. Park or known by his full name, Park Chanyeol is the boss of a newspaper company that I worked at, the Navy Blue and I happened to be, well whatever he wants me to be. I am his journalist, personal assistant or a dinner date to the most mundane company meetings. The way how I see him, he's distant, stern and a straightforward person. He's brave enough to voice out his thoughts, ignoring the whispers and judgemental stares from others. He's rather honest and would tell you, right infront of your face that the report, you've been spending sleepless nights to finish it, was rather horrible and frankly, that's what I like about him. They say, honesty is the best policy. Maybe that's why he's so controversial, he speak of things that weren't meant to be talked about.

Before I lock my front door, I double-checked everything. Being the paranoid person I am, I turned the stove knob to make sure it's fully closed. It is indeed a hassle but it had to be done, kudos to my mother for my paranoia.

Now, being a so-called journalist, you get a decent salary and that's enough for me to pay the rent. Living in the bustling city of Seoul isn't cheap. That's why I'd go by foot everyday to get to work but today, it's different. Since I'm going to Mr. Park's house, there's a grand limosine waiting on my street, courtesy of the boss himself. You might be wondering, how does a person who owns a small newspaper company could get his hands on this luxurious item? The answer is, not only does he own a newspaper company, he owns a few more businesses of different interest area, each one was built from scratch. He is a multi-talented man, strategically intelligent at that and it's also not a wonder why the ladies are crazy for him. He was awarded as one of the richest, eligible bachelor in Korea. I scoffed, ladies, if you've been working with him for as long as I have, you'd be crazy too, begging for a knight in shining armor to come and save you because honey, he doesn't play nice.