Chapter 1

Heart Fragments

(Continuation from the description)

 

Did I heard it correctly? The words that he spat out from his mouth, it was as if hails of arrows was piercing my soft heart continuously. The pain in my chest felt like someone just ripped out a big piece and left a huge void inside. Tears pooled on my waterline, threatening to fall down my cheeks anytime. He just sat there emotionless, not even a hint of remorse evident on his face.

"Again? Jesus, I don't have time for this," He grunted. He stood up from his seat, straightened his jacket and left without saying anything else. Fortunately, there was not a lot of people around. So, I can save myself from the possible embarassment. I thought we had something special. All the things he said, all the laughter we shared, all the time we've spent together. Didn't it mean something to him?

As soon as I was ready to go, I saw Sehun with another girl through the glass window. I was stunned as if my feet were rooted to the ground. Millions of questions of why swarmed in my head but I found the one and only definite answer; he found another girl. My heart shattered into bits and pieces. After he promptly decided to break up with me, he has the guts to go out with another girl. Tears started to stream down by now. I pulled out my sunglasses from my purse, wearing it almost immediately to avoid suspicions.

I pushed the glass door, making my way out from the cafe. It's a beautiful shop, mostly because of its marine theme. But it also has a lot of memories embedded within the walls of this place and I intend to never came back until the near future where maybe I am much stronger and be able to laugh this situation off.

 

11 PM

I can't feel my face anymore. I can't seem to count how many glass of wine I drank but I knew one thing that I need to douse myself with it. Every step I took, I can hear the wine bottles made clinking sounds. , I almost tripped on one. At one instance, I laughed like a mad man. Another instance, I would cry my eyes out, wailing out loud like a mother who just lost her child. In the end, I was so tired at switching emotions that I just lay down on the cold kitchen floor. What does she have that I don't? What am I lacking at?

I don't know how much time has passed but I heard a rustle at the front door. But what do I care? I'd welcomed anybody at this point. Be it someone I know or a stranger. A murderer even.

"Soo Jin? , Where are you?" A voice called out. He's here. My best friend, Eli Kim. Ever since elementary school, we were considered as the outcast. I was a rough teen back in the days, being aggressive at almost everybody. Eli was, well, let's just say he lacks in the bravery department. He was very vulnerable and he was constantly bullied almost everyday. So, it was my job to protect him. I wasn't expecting something in return but he made me lunch almost everyday and I couldn't reject his kind offer.

"What are you doing?" He whispered frantically. He was struggling so hard to make me stand straight. I giggled but it was short-lived as I felt something rising from deep down my stomach. , I'm gonna throw up. I released myself from his grasp and ran all the way to the bathroom. He came along with me at the back. He held up my hair as I threw everything out.

"You shouldn't have drank that much," He scolded, looking away from my disgusting state, "You're going to have a hard time, managing your hangover," He cursed under his breath.

He'll never understand. He never does. The pain inside is slowly killing me and I needed something stronger to intoxicate myself from remembering about the break-up. I sat on the couch in the living room after cleaning myself. Eli handed me a big glass of water. I murmured my appreciation and took continuous sips of the water. My head starts to throb.

"What happened Soo?" Eli asked in a gentle voice. He sat beside me and I rested my head on his shoulder. Tears started to form again. The things that had happened today was, by far, the most painful thing I've ever felt. He was my everything. There were no other suitable words to describe him. I shook my head, trying to hide my tears from him. But I had no strength in holding back, so it came down my cheeks like a waterfall. He wrapped his arms around me and whispered soothing words. I like it when he does that. It reminds me of my mother when I was young, when I was wounded and I needed some warmth and comfort. Whoever has his heart will be so lucky to have him by her side.

 


Hey people!

It's HeeJung and uh this is chapter 1 ^^

I had to rewrite it for the second time because

therewasaspiderandIhadtoranaway.

Anyway, enjoy! :D