~1~

Unexpected

When Sehun had first met Kwon Hyuk, he was just nineteen years old. The latter was already twenty-one, bubbling as he gushed about the song Exo was about to receive. Sehun hadn’t understood why the elder was so enthusiastic. It had simply been the background music. Why was he so happy? Jongin, on the other hand, found the elder’s passion cute and like a boa constrictor, latched onto him. He hung off of Dean, as the male had preferred (“Dean is much better than Hyuk,” he had reasoned), as if the world was ending. Kris and Joonmyun had lectured the boy about it. They were at the studio for business and nothing more. However, Dean waved them away. He didn’t mind.

Nor did he mind when Exo had been informed that he would be staying for the recordings. He was a ‘fresh new face’, Sehun had reasoned at the time. He was just there to observe and learn from his observations. However, it was his ‘observations’ that landed Sehun to redo his tiny, extremely tiny, lines over and over again. “He didn’t sing with ambition.” “His cords were weak.” He had a voice crack!” Sehun had swore that Dean was out for his blood the more time past and he had yet to receive the “Okay, you can go!”

He hadn’t been sad when Dean’s mentor, Hyuk Shin, came to collect his pupil. Apparently, new face had another group to see, songs to write. Sehun wasn’t sad thpugh. He was estatic when the whit door slammed shut (well… more like creaked shut) behind Kwon ‘Dean’ Hyuk. Unlike Jongin, Sehun hadn’t thought about Dean much after that day. The boy had faded into the background until he was just another body who helped Exo rise to fame.

It wasn’t until Chanyeol came barreling into the room Sehun had come to own three years later that the name Dean came back to haunt the boy. Sehun hadn’t been interested like his roommates, Baekhyun and Joonmyun, had been when the elder had began to beam about Dean. “Dean is uber cool, guys! You should listen to him! Doesn’t even sound like he did when he helped us with Black Pearl!While Joonmyun and Baekhyun had been genuinely interested, Sehun couldn’t have cared less. Kwon Hyuk didn’t matter. Not when he was that soft spoken boy pointing out all his flaws and certainly not when he was the guy attracting Chanyeol’s attention two years later.

Sehun went weeks ignoring Chanyeol and his stupid attempts to indoctrinate him into the ‘Dean Idol Fanclub’. After both Zico and Chanyeol had fallen victim, he feared he would be next. He couldn’t be a target to the influenza known as Dean. He would not have such a baseless attempts to carve the simple minded teenage brain he still possessed at twenty-one to crave a man who had ruined and humiliated him two years prior. He wouldn’t have it and that was final. At least… that’s what Sehun had told himself. He didn’t expect the elder to be so… so… so-

Cute. Cute was the word to describe Kwon Hyuk, Dean, Deanfluenza, or whatever else he was going by these days. Sehun had seen him at a recording studio while Exo had begun practices their comeback schedules. Chanyeol had pointed the slender male through a window and forced his dongsaeng (Sehun, of course) to stay with him. “They’ll just assume we got distracted. It’s fine! Stop being so uptight,” Chanyeol had reasoned.

Through the window, Sehun could tell that the elder was in the middle of working with another celebrity. Chanyeol had recognized him as GAEKO, his idol, immediately. Sehun had not. Sehun had toned Chanyeol and his loud mout out as he watched the elders in the room. Dean seemed to be focused as he rapidly wrote, his lips moving at a mile a minute. GAEKO nodded to the male, pointing things out on the hidden paper. Sehun hated to admit it but the way Dean looked while writing music (he assumed it was music) was highly attractive.

Sehun was so into his trance that he had not seen the two elders in the room get up to leave until Chanyeol pulled him behind a nearby wall. Sehun’s ears `strained as he listened to the door creak up, the sound of laughter poring out seconds later. “So, next week?” A hmm followed in agreement. “Who’re you meeting now?” A thoughtful sound. “E… Exo? I think. Daehye told me to check them out for inspiration or something.”

Sehun stiffened as Chanyeol suppressed a choked squeal. GAEKO laughed. “So, you and Daehye? Anything…” A chorus of laughter. “No. No… You know I don’t…” This time, it was GAEKO’s turn to laugh. Sehun shot a confused glance at Chanyeol before his lips silently began to mouth a word. “Gay?” Chanyeol merely shrugged before turning back to listen to the two. “I know, I know. Don’t get anxious,” GAEKO chuckled out.

After a brief goodbye, Sehun heard the soft thumping of footstep. Before either of the boys could react, Dean had already rounded the corner. Chanyeol let out a guilty whimper as Dean gave them a quizzical look. “Did you guys…” Sehun swallowed hard as he shot Chanyeol a glare. “DON’T you DARE give us away!” “Get lost as well?”

The question was enough to let Chanyeol release a relieved sigh as he shook his head. Sehun rolled his eyes as Chanyeol’s evident fanboy nature became a bit too overwhelming for him. “No, we aren’t. Chanyeol got distracted on the way back to the practice room, ‘is all.” Dean nodded as Chanyeol quickly covered Sehun’s mouth. He let out a nervous laugh before shooting Dean his teeth rich smile.

“Where are you going?” Sehun rolled his eyes at Chanyeol as he pried Chanyeol’s hand away from his mouth. “Room… 2212?” Chanyeol beamed as he skipped (yes, skipped) towards the male. “That’s our room. We can take you!” Sehun sighed as the eldest nodded (Sehun couldn’t deny Chanyeol his guilty pleasure, could he?).

So, with vast discomfort, Sehun stood in an elevator with the two elders, who completely ignored him. Sehun frowned as the two discussed some American concert (SXSE or something?) and music and junk. Sehun didn’t understand. He tried to comprehend their discussion as he feigned indifference however, as time passed, Sehun was annoyance heightened.

Relief flooded the youngest when the door opened, granting him freedom from the two. His feet hurried him along to the room numbered 2212. He could hear Chanyeol apologizing for his “donsaeng’s” behaviour. His fist clenched in rage as he tapped on the door with his toe. He waited, impatiently, until Jongin opened the door, a smile o his face. “Sehun! You got to try this new dance move Yixing thought of with the Choreo-Hyung, he rapidly exclaimed. Sehun allowed himself to be pulled towards his hyungs by the elder. Behind him, he could feel Chanyeol and Dean staring at him.

~*~

Sehun sighed as he finished the practice session. Everyone else had already been dismissed besides him, his manager feeling that it would be best for Sehun, the weakest link, to stay longer. Sehun didn’t want Joonmyun to lecture him about completency (again) so he agreed to work longer. Just for another hour or two. At least, that’s what Sehun thought until four hours since his hyungs had left had passed.

A hand on Sehun’s shoulder made him yelp (a highly manly yelp, by the way). When his heartbeat returned to an average bpm of 106 (or something that felt close to that), he let his eyes sweep up to see his potential killer (Someone grabs you at night? They’re a murderer. *That’s a rock fact!). A gasp of relief left his lips when he saw it was just Dean. Dean with what a bag that seemed to be filled with… fried chicken?

“You must be hungry. You’ve been here for hours,” the elder quietly mused, voice barely above a whisper. Sehun was about to object when his stomach started to rumble in anguish, yearning to be filled. Dean let out a soft giggle, eyes filled with mirth. “Come on. I’ll drive you home.” Sehun, with much reluctance, followed Dean to his car, a simple blue Sunfire.

“Here,” Dean lowly murmured after they were already buckled in and on the route towards Sehun’s dorm. The bag he had ed Sehun’s way, filled with original fried chicken and fries (his favourite), magically ripped open and tumbled into Sehun’s oral cavity. He let out a satisfied hum as he leaned back, the torn bag filled with his scraps resting on his lap. “Jongin said you liked Heechul’s so I thought I’d get you some. Expensive, though,” Dean made light conversation as he stopped at a red light. He turned his head slightly towards the younger, his eyes soft with concern.

“You know,” the male started, “you shouldn’t let your manager talk to you like that.” Sehun blanched at the elder’s concern. No one ever said anything about going against a manager. “And why would I do that?” Dean let out a small laugh as he continued to drive at the green light, turning onto the street where Sehun lived. “Because its called abuse, verbal abuse. He may be your manager but belittling you and forcing you to stay later than the rest against your will is wrong.”

Sehun frowned at the male’s words. “Look… Hyuk-Hyung… it’s fine. T-thank you for the food,” the youngest said in an attempt to divert the topic. “Don’t worry about it. I know you probably have only eaten an apple or something today.” Sehun’s frown deepened. He had only eaten an apple for the day.

With a sigh, Sehun glanced a Dean shyly. He couldn’t understand why he was so perky. Did he not have work to do? Did he not have to train or practice to achieve stellar results (Not that Sehun was saying he had stellar performances. He just meant… Never mind, Sehun doesn’t explain his choices to anyone.). The questions filled Sehun’s mind, swirling around in confusion until he felt like he’d go insane. He was about to ask one of the more pressing ones when Dean shut off the car.

“This is it, right?” Sehun took a quick glance at the brown building that was known as the S.M Dormitory. “Yeah. Thanks for the drive.” Dean smiled shyly. “Don’t sweat it. I don’t really mind. It wasn’t much wo-” Dean was interrupted by the brush of soft, lush lips owned by Sehun. The younger didn’t quite get why he did it. The elder was talking so much and he just looked so kissable.

When they pulled away, Sehun almost fainted at Dean’s face. He was stark red and his eyes were glazed over. Sehun let out a chuckle before interlocking their lips again. He could tell that the older boy hadn’t had much experience in the way that he clutched feebly onto Sehun’s sweat and how clumsily he kissed back. Sehun, the king of kissing (He had learned from Jongin who had learned from the master, Taemin.), found the elder’s struggles to keep up cute.

He found it even cute how the male ing whimpered when he tapped his tongue against the latter’s lip, yearning for permission. Sehun smiled when Dean gave him access. Slowly but surely, he tentively into Dean’s mouth. He laxed at the elder’s moans of pleasure, moving his hands from the man’s hips (he wasn’t exactly sure when they had begun to rest there yet he wasn’t going to start complaining. They were nice hips.) to his face, feeling the soft skin.

“Sehun… stop,” Dean gasped out when Sehun had reduced to pecks. Sehun was about to ask why (Dean was just so kissable) when he felt something hard against his arm (he’d absentmindedly dropped his arm. Sue him.). Sehun quickly shot his arm to palm at the growing reaction. “All it took was some kissing? You’re extremely sensitive, aren’t you?” He took the elder’s whimpers as a yes.

 Sehun had gotten Dean’s pants ed and zipped down when a tap on the passenger side window caught his attention. Joonmyun and Chanyeol stood on the outside, Joonmyun scandilized while Chanyeol’s face held a teasing expression. Dean let out a tiny sputter before Sehun found himself thrown from the vehicle, watching as the elder struggled to start the car.

Sehun laughed as he stood up and walked around to the driver’s side. “Hyung?” Dean looked up and unrolled the window. With speed Sehun didn’t know he possessed, he gave the elder a peck on the cheek. “Goodnight.” Sehun had never seen someone go red as fast as Dean in the one moment.

~*~

Joonmyun had lectured him after they got upstairs about discretion (“Cars are not a place you go to someone. Go to your house!”). Sehun had reluctantly agreed that the next time that he wanted to attack Dean, he’d bring him inside. That agreeance had lead to the conversation of leaving a sock on the handrail (a topic that made Sehun’s skin crawl).

The beagle-line (also known as Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Jongdae) had teamed up to tease Sehun about the whole ordeal in a direct approach (like making brasive comments about the incident at dinner or while Sehun was headed to the bathroom for a shower.) while Kyungsoo and Minseok had taken a more reserved way about the incident. They had seated him down and, much like a Appa and Umma pairing, told him about the benefits of condoms and the right way to have . Sehun had turned bright red and wished to be killed on the spot. Unfortuneately, that did not happen. Yixing and Jongin had done nor said anything on the matter at hand, choosing to laugh privately.

Things went like that until a few days after the incident with Dean, Joonmyun had called a group meeting. Sehun had sat on the ground beside Jongin while the rest had crammed themselves into the two loveseats, Joonmyun opting for the recliner that faced the couches (which had the primary use of being the seat of the head of these group meetings). “So…” Joonmyun started when he was confident the everyone else was, “We’ve all heard of Sehun’s… adventures with Kwon Hyuk and well, I realized… We don’t know whose gay or not. It’s not really an issue or anything but we’ve never kept things hidden so why now?”

The room took on a deafening silence. Sehun had never really thought of who liked to get down and dirty with the same or the opposite before. It just never mattered to him. Jongin shuffled beside him, a conflicted look on his face. Sehun gave his best friend a reassuring nudge, as if to say, “Spill it, you half-assed bastard.” With a sigh, Jongin blurted out, “I’m dating Jiho-Hyung!”

Sehun’s face froze. Jiho? “Zico?” Chanyeol asked in disbelief, stealing the word of questioning right from Sehun’s mouth. Jongin nodded shyly. Block B’s… Zico?  The same Zico that was often seen with Dean and Crush (Since the makeout, Sehun had been doing his research)? Before Sehun could ask Jongin about his relationship, Joonmyun admitting to being bi-curious which lead the other members to start sharing. Yixing was straight, Kyungsoo wasn’t sure (having no relationships or crushes under his belt), Chen stated that he just didn’t care, Minseok mused that he was also bi-curious, and Baekhyun and Chanyeol had admitted to being in a six months long relationship.

When it came to Sehun’s turn, he wasn’t sure what to say. Sure, he almost went down on Dean yet… he wasn’t sure if he was fully gay. He hadn’t been with any girls so it wasn’t like he had the opportunity to test his theory. Sehun twisted in his spot in the ground. He was taking a long time to answer and he could tell his hyungs were getting anxious.

He felt a hand on his shoulder (no doubt from Jongin) and he tensed. What gendered did he prefer? Guys? Girls? Both? Other?! Sehun sighed as he shook his head.

“I don’t know, guys… I really don’t know.”

~*~

No one tried to get him to talk. Sure. They were curious, Sehun supposed, yet as days grew closer to the start of the production of their new album, it just wasn’t as important. Neither were Sehun’s feelings for Dean. He just had to push them away, set them aside and focus on his work.Though, the thoughts of Deans would jumnle his brain and demand a reaction, Joonmyun made sure to keep him terribly busy. He had gotten the managers to set up appointments for him and Jongin to work on singing and improve on their dancing. When they weren't at the rehersal rooms, Joonmyun had then cleaning and helping Kyungsoo cook. Sehun, despite his reluctance at first, was secretly grateful for his leader's meticulous distractions.

Life went on like that until it came for them to start to record. Joonmyun had annouced that they would begin recording for their new album later in the week, placing down the lyrics and a demo cd for each of them. Their lines had already been worked out by Jongdae and the writer (whom Sehun was still unsure of their identity). Sehun had decided to take the comeback seriously, studying his tiny lines and practicing as much as he could with his vocal coach. Sehun knew that he didn't have to work as hard as he was yet... he felt like if he didn't, he would end up thinking about stupid Kwon Hyuk and his stupid face and... his stupid perfection and how much his stupid self annoyed him and made him crush on the elder (Sehun was currently aware of this ridiculously stupid run-on sentence but with what Kwon Hyuk was worth? He deserved it).

Sehun was asked ro come in on the first day of the (currently schedule) six days recording. It was thought to be better if they rushed through the dancers and went straight to the choreo planning. Not that Sehun was complaining. Studios had always sort of scared the Maknae with all the rush and chaos. Sehun had felt that rush of anticapation to get everything done with until he saw him. Behind the recording booth, with a set of headphones on and a clip board (no doubt containing the lyrics), sat Kwon Hyuk. Dean looked up behind a set of thick rimmed glasses and smiled. Not one of casual affairs but one Sehun could firmly identify as one of business.Without missing a beat, he started.

"My name is Kwon Hyuk but I would prefer if you called me Dean. It's a pleasure working with you again," the elder said softly, eyes bright with excitement. Sehun frowned as he took a step, strayind behind Jongin and Yixing. Joonmyun stood not too far away, jis eyes trained on the three. With a quick stare, Sehun nodded and singaled for the other two to introduce themselves. Dean let out a hearty laugh, one Sehun could tell was genuine. "Don't do that. It's okay! Now... Why don't start with Jongin."

Sehun had watched as the hour it took to go through both Yixing and Jongin. He knew that he should probably be payiong attention to what the elder said but as he stood beside Joonmyun, he couldn't stop studying the male. Dean had gotten tanner since the last time they saw each other. He had deep bags under his eyes and Sehun wonder if they were from lack of sleep or stress. He pointed out all the different things about Dean that hadn't been there before; the new hair colour, the bags underneath his eyes, the faint glow in his skin that suggested a nap or something of the sort. Sehun noticed anything and every-

"-hun. Oh Sehun!" Sehun jumped, nearly toppling over his feet at the loud ring of Joonmyun's voice. He looked up, dazed, before his gaze settled on Dean. The elder's smile had dropped slightly before one Sehun had never seen (not in all those interviews he's watched, nor in those shakey fan stage videos, nor...) flittered on his flawless face. Sehun, slightly stunned, forced words to come out of his bitten lip, "My turn?" The words, shakey, made Dean's smile enlarge. The elder nodded shyly and Sehun returned the sentiment, carefully walking into the recording booth without starring too much at Kwon Hyuk. He couldn't hear anything instead of the booth but he was pretty sure, judging by the movements of their lips, that Yixing and Jongin said something along the lines of "Cu... Sonnava ."

~*~

Sehun ran to catch up to Dean after the recording. The elder had excused himself right after the recording, hurrying into the halls of SM quickly and hardly traceable. It had taken Sehun forever to get out of the clutches of Joonmyun and the Manager. Dean was almost in his car, ready to bolt down the street and leave Sehun to try to find distractions not to think about him. With a hand clasped on the drivers' door, Sehun weezed pathetically a "Wait!" The elder gave him a tentive look, one of dislikes and wonder. "Did... you run all the way here?" Sehun nodded, his gaze fixing ont the elder. "You left so suddenly... I didn't want you to disappear again," Sehun groaned, raising to his full stance. He looked into Dean's eyes, the shorter starring back at him pensively. The next words came to the elder as a surprise:

"Go out with me."

Sehun starred at him, a pleading look on his face. He thought he was going to cry until he heard Dean begin to laugh. "A date? I don't mind," Dean said, making Sehun relax. However, when the man gave the younger a devilish look. "Only if you get first place in the song." Sehun had never wished for courage more in hislife.

~*~

Sehun, for the next month since Dean's ultimative, spent the duration of his days readying him for the stage. He showed up to all practices, vacal and dance, almost an hour early. He would haul himself in his drom room he shared with Joonmyun for hours, mind warping itslef around all the different stages and choreo prepared for the day of the comeback. He took every costume fitting seriously, an amazing feat for the boy who usually tried to skip. Sehun planned and preped for everything. He was sure the other members saw his efforts but if they truly did, he would never know for they never let it on that they noticed.

When Sehun finally had their someback, Sehun was a hot mess. He ran through his lines and choreo a thousand times, demanding his body not to make a mistake. Joonmyun had tried to reassure him, to make him understand that everything would go right. Sehun didn't believe him. It wasn't until Kyungsoo dragged him by the ear and forced him into a chair that he willed himself to calm down. Yet, that didn't stop the shakes Sehun felt as he waited. Sehun swore he had never felt that nervous since the time they had debuted, almost three years prior with Mama, when their group was whole still.

The nerves never disappeared. Not after the first stage and all the others after it until they finally won, a smile etched into Sehun's face.

~*~

The first date Sehun had with Dean was a smile date at a cafe not to far from Sehun's dormitory. Dean had agreed to meet him not too long after Exo's first win, telling the younger he deserved it. Sehun thought that Dean had still looked beautiful with his messy hair, thick-rimmed glasses, and simple attire of whit shirt, dark jeans. Dean had complimented Sehun's outfit as well the moment he entered the cafe, several minutes after Sehun. Sehun had stared at his clothing, a black t-shirt and white jeans. Sehun couldn't help but smile at the thought that they were dressed the opposite yet at thee same time, so similarly. Sehun had gotten himself a black milk tea and for Dean, a steeped Earl Gray; triple triple. When Dean had pulled out his wallet, Sehun had declined the man's intentions, quickly paying before Dean had the chance to stop him. The elder had bristled, cutely whining the the Hyung should pay instead of the Dongsaeng. Sehun had ignored him with a soft smile.

The date revolved around Dean talking about his days since the last met. He had been in America, working on his own stuff for a solo album. He had stumbled into Toronto as well, stunning Sehun of his adventures on the other side of the 49th Line. Apparently, the male had been tricked into seeing Niagra and then again to cross the Rainbow Bridge (Sehun wasn't sure what it was exactly but he thought it to be a bridge that conncected Canada and America in the falls). Sehun had learned that he had ended up on a tourist bus and found himself in Toronto, where he played in the downtown area with his new American friends before they stayed the night, returning to America the next day. "I had grown a liking towards the Western breakfast since my stay. I'll make it for you when I get better at it." Sehun had nodded to that promises, wrapping a boney hand around Dean's. He had stared at the entertwine fingers for a moment before he squeezed his fingers around Sehun's lovingly. It had put a smile on Sehun's face and through out the night, Dean had returned it in tenfolds.

~*~

After the first date, Sehun had taken Hyuk (As he was now allowed to refer to the elder as) on several dates. The younger had been afraid the the man wouldn't like the places he took him (like when he took Hyuk to the Han River. The boy was scared his elder would detest the location. Little did he know that he had frequented the spot with Zico). Sehun had done many things with the boy but they weren't a couple. They were dating but they weren't an exclusive item and the thought of that bugged Sehun to no end. He wanted to spend a good portion of his life, if not the rest. So, with a heavy conscious, he set out to do just that.

He hadn't really done a relationship or anything at all in the last twenty-three years of his entire life. He hadn't even hung out with anyone the way he did with Hyuk-Hyung. He was many of his first and the thought of that scared Sehun. He didn't want to get so hung up on the boy and then be dropped. That's why he had consulted Jiho (he and Zico were on a first name base now) and after a month of consulting the male, he did it.

It was a Saturday evening in July when he did it. It was almost a year since they had remeet and Sehun, as the gentleman he was, had taken the elder out for dinner at some American-style pub near Gangnam. Hyuk had dressed up; white button-up against dark deniem-like skinny dresspants. The boy was so gorgeous that the proposal had left Sehun's mouth in a rush. And, you know what? The elder had said yes.


​So this is it. I decided to finally finish this fic. Consider it a birthday gift from me {though it's sort of reversed and this is the first fic of mine on this account. How narcassitic of me ;)} I hope you've enjoyed my Sehun x Dean (Sean) trash.

-Stevie (BooHansol)