Dancing?

We Got Married?

"Where do you want to eat?" Manager Unnie asks me, Hyerin, and Koeun as we're shopping around Myeongdong. 

"That café." Koeun points to a little café with a very unique looking exterior. "I went with my school friend once and dude... the decorations are no joke, the food is pretty average though." We were all curious to see this café so we decided to go. As we walked in we were greeted by a sweet coffee scent and a little jingle from a cute rusty bell tied onto the door. The whole café was green and white. The walls were a bright white while green plants were planted all around the interior. It was beautiful. 

"Shall we sit here?" I ask sitting at the table right next to the window. 

"No! I'm going to get dark." Hyerin says as Manager Unnie and Hyerin look at their skin color. 

"Uh, alright." I thought following them to the very back of the café sitting as far from the window as possible. I look around and see no one sitting near the windows, everyone is as far from the windows as possible. Do people care that much about their skin tone? 

"So what should we order? I don't want a full meal, I'm just getting dessert." Manger Unnie says looking through the menu. I should probably look through the menu too. There aren't many options to be completely honest. There's only a few variations of cake, apple pie, green tea bingsoo, and a couple of sandwich and salad choices. A picture of a three-layered cake catches my eyes. The cream looks soft and fluffy, the bread looks moist, and there are different kinds of fruit in between as well as on top. 

"I'm getting this cake." I say pointing at the picture. 

"I want the green tea bingsoo." Hyerin says. 

"I want the red velvet cake." Manager Unnie adds. 

"I'm not getting anything, I'm on a diet." Koeun says fidgeting with her wallet. 

"Well you can get salad, it's a low calorie food." 

"Are you kidding me? Salad has tons of dressing, cheese, and other things that will make me fat, it's better just not eating it at all." After hearing her say those words it made me wonder why she's on a diet, she's already very skinny, wouldn't it be unhealthy to be any skinnier?  

After ordering and receiving our food we dug in. I was so hungry. Yesterday and today I'm eating like a pig, after being on a strict diet for a long time it's refreshing to eat the good foods I've missed such as this cake. After the waitress took our finished plates we looked through the stuff we purchased before coming to the café.  

Honestly while shopping I felt really bad about myself. My family isn't rich, we aren't incredibly poor but we definitely do worry about money a lot, but these girls seem to be wealthy. While Hyerin, Koeun, and Manager Unnie bought multiple clothing pieces, makeup and skincare even though the company provides it, and other unnecessary things  that just blow money I bought a lip tint and a shirt because of the lack of money. All of them did offer to buy me something but it just made me feel worse about myself. 

"Does this color match my skin?" Manager Unnie asks us as she applies a thick layer onto her head and pulling it next to her face without caring about the amount of product she's wasting. 

"Yeah, what is that? I want it." Hyerin responses even though the BB cream is a good three shades lighter than Manager Unnies actual skintone. 

"It's the April Skin magic snow cushion. I heard it was good from literally everyone so I wanted to try it out." 

"I have it and it has very good coverage. My skin has been really bad lately and it covers everything up." Koeun buds into the conversation. Koeun's skin is x50 better than mine when I have makeup on and she doesn't. They talked about their purchases as I scrolled through Instagram on my phone. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________ 

"Do you want to see the dance we're working on at the moment?" Dai asks me as sweat rolls down her face.  

"Yeah!" 

"We're still working on it so it's not perfect." Dai, Koeun, and Sooyoung get in their spots and dance. The song is very hip hopish, it has a mellow flow which matches the choreography. They're all perfectly in sync and it's amazing how Dai choreographed this herself and Sooyoung and Koeun are able to learn and follow along. As the song ends they collapse onto the floor probably tired from the intense dance movements. Dai goes over to her phone to stop the next song playing. 

"Oh , we have to go." She says really loudly. 

"What happened?" Sooyoung asks worried just as me and Koeun are. 

"It's already 6:47, we were supposed to be out of this room 17 minutes ago because someone else is going to practice in here. Let's hurry and leave. 

"Who's practicing next? I mean if they're not here then they more than likely won't come considering they're already 17 minutes late. We should just stay until the next person comes." I say not really caring about the little situation. 

"That's a good point." We ended up staying for a good hour, just dancing to random songs and singing, it was really fun to get to know people who I have to spend so much time with here on out. Dai actually taught me one out of several songs she choreographed. It was a struggle so I only was able to learn ¼ of the chorus, but dancing wasn't my forte in the first place, she did say I had potential, although she probably just said it to be nice. 

"I'm hungry. Let's eat somewhere." Dai commands as we're sitting on the couch on our phones after dancing our little bodies out. "I want street food. Let's go!" She grabs Sooyoung's arm and shakes it begging through aegyo.  

"No, I'm on a diet. I can't gain weight." Sooyoung pushes Dai off of her. 

"Same. You and Soyeon can go. Sooyoung unnie let's go I'm tired and am terrified to walk the dark streets alone." 

"Okay, you two go." Sooyoung and Koeun grab their bags. "Here, eat well!" Sooyoung unnie sneaks $20 into the palm of my hands and leaves before me and Dai can thank her.  

"Wow, she's generous. I have money, she really didn't have to give this to us." I react to Sooyoung's generous act. 

"It's okay, she does this quite often. She's the oldest out of the younger trainnes. I guess she feels obligated to provide us food and money." Dai puts her phone down after texting Sooyoung how thankful she is for the money. "I want to teach you one more dance, it's very simple to learn and my personal favorite. Whenever I'm stressed I dance this dance." She  Clik Me by Zion. T ft Dok2. She stood up and stretched a bit before dancing into the first half of the chorus. Her moves are so effortlessly graceful, every single move moves so sharply. It's hard to describe the type of dance this is, it's kind of a mix between hiphop, jazz, and ballet, which I find is a remarkable mix of styles that makes a such distinct beauty of art. She finishes after the chorus and it makes me come back to my senses.  

"That was alluring, very alluring." I admit. She laughs while panting from the heavy dancing she just did. All of a sudden the door opens, me and Dai turn to see who opened the door. My eyes turn wide and see a very familiar face.