Surprises

We Got Married?

"Honey, please wear this skirt for me, we need to impress the staff at SME."  My mom says practically shoving the white skirt and a blue flowy blouse in my face. I'm not the type of girl to wear dresses or skirts, I'm comfortable in jeans. Jeans are the epitome of comfortable and cute, it's a 2-in-1 deal that I certainy am delighted to take granted for. My mom has always been the type to wear girly, frilly things, but in my eyes they look tacky, at least on me.

"It's not really my style, you know our styles don't match. Would you quit making me do things I hate with a burning passion? I'm sixteen, I would love if my mom didn't bother me every second! This is an important day for me and I want to wear something that I like so I don't feel uncomfortable throughout this important day, so stay aside. I only need you for today so you can sign the contract and give me a ride." I say. I look up and see a hurt face plastered all upon my mothers face. She doesn't seem angry nor sad, just disappointed in the words that just flew out of my mouth. 

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to make you look beautiful today." She responded to my hateful words as she was hanging the dress back into the closet.

"Let's go now, I don't want to be late." I grab the car keys and run out of the door to the car. I sit in the passenger seat and regret every word I had just told me mother. I want to cry, I want to apologize, I want to hug her but I can't. I'm too stubborn and she knows that, hell everyone ing knows my stubborness. After thinking about the dilemma for a while my mom enters the car. I look her up and down seeing her wearing a maxy pink maxy skirt with flowers, a plain white teeshirt, and pink lipstick. Her fashion makes me confused, but what caught my eye while looking at her are her tear stains right below her eys. Has she been crying because of me? I look down and start to tear up myself.

The car ride was long and rather quiet. The weather was gloomy with grey clouds covering every inch of the blue sky. I layed my head against the window thinking about Kai, my mom, how the hell SME called me because of how interested they are in me. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You will be sharing a dorm with seven other girls and a room with three. the dorms are quite spacious so there shouldn't be a problem with storage. We also provide soap, shampoo, conditioner, towels, toothpaste. toothbrush, food, clothes, and skincare. There will also be a manager who lives with you. The managers name is Kim Jangyoung, she basically will watch over you all, make sure your following your schedule, etc. You will attend Kent highschool because you're only in Korea to visit your family for the summer and live in America which is an English speaking country. You will train in bothing singing and dancing. Language is not required because you're quite fluent in Korean and English. That is pretty much all the information you need. Oh and the dorms are inbetween 7-Eleven and the ddeokbokki stand a couple blocks down the street. Your dorm is dorm 23." The SME staff hands me a key and hands my mom who is smiling even though I know she's very unhappy a contract to sign. "Please sign this two yeaar contract stating she will not leave the company and if she does she'll have to pay the debt she owes us." My mom hesitantly grabs the pen and looks at me. 

"Is this what you really want to do? Do you really want this Soyeon?" She asks very seriously. I just nod once which gives her the signal to sign the contract. She places the ball point of the pen directly onto the paper and signs it. This sign means I am offically a trainee and SME. I am a trainee, this company thinks I hav the potential, the looks, the talent to be in their incredibly sucessful company and it;s so surprising to me. I want to cry of joy. This is all I've ever wanted. My mom puts  my hand in hers as the SME staff continues talking to us. I can't tell if she's happy for me or not. After the metting with the SME staff he gave me my schedule and told me to look around the building so when I come back next week I won't get lost  and will be able to find my classes easily.

My mom decided to just wait in the car while I gave myself a tour in the huge building, although I do know my way around the audition area where I met the horrible jerk I once idolized. If I see him again I won't be as nice as I was before. I highly doubt I'll see him again, I mean it's difficult enough to see an idol once but seeing the same idol in a matter of months is nearly impossible. 

I go the first floor to the second because that's where the recording studios are. I walk all throughout the halls looking into the little windows of the rooms seeing other trainees working on their vocals. I saw a couple of familar faces such as Sunny and Yuri from SNSD, Jaehyun, Seulgi, Koeun, and several other smrookies trainees I've kept up with. I haven't seen any Exo members though, I want to see Kai again, it was a total dream seeing him. The recording studios are set up so nicely, one studio probably costs $500,000 and there are several studios. After taking my time looking through the recoring studios I go up to the third floor to see the dance studios. It surprised me to see so many dance studios, there are many on the first floor and the thrid floor, then I remembered that the SME staff said all trainees would have one hour to themselves to choreograph and practice in a room and would have to perform what they choreographed to a judge every two months to see growth. As I rememebered this I looked at my schedule to see when I have my dance time. It's at... 12:00 at night, does that mean I have to stay up till 1:00 dancing, then walk to my dorm wich would take about 20 minutes, take a shower, then do an excessive amount of homework and studying that will take at least two hours, so... I'll be slleeping around 3:00 and wake up at 6:00 the next morning. How am I supposed to go to school, dance, sing, and train my literal off when I can  only sleep for three hours? I panic in my head and wonder if this was a huge mistake. But if other trainees can do it so can I right?

It's time for me to leave this floor after seeing over 45 of the same sky blue wallpapered dance studio and go to the seventh floor, skipping the fourth, fifth, and sixth floors due to them ust being offices for staff, where language and variety personalitys are taught. I make my way to the elevator and press the arrow button that points up, the elevator immediately opens which is quite convenient, as I look up to get into the elevator I see...Sehun. He gives a very surprised look as I walk in, just staring at me like I'm some sort of animal. I just lift my chin up high and look as if I don't have a care in the world. I'm not going to be nice to him any longer because he's simply just an .

"Wow, you're really making your way to stalk Kai I see. well he's at the dorm. I should've said that to you, now you might follow me to the dorms and harass him." I ignore his statement and go to press floor seven, but I see it's already pressed. Great I have to go all the way up the seventh floor with him. "What's that in your hand?" He snatchs the schedule out of my hands while I'm caught off gaurd.

"What are you doing, please give it back! You have no right to just snatch something from my hand like that." He's very tall and I'm only 5'3 so it's safe to say I won't be getting it when he has it above his head, but I still reach as high as I can, jumping and trying to cimb up his body to get it as he reads.

"Ah, so you're a trainee now?" He chuckles as he reads my schedule. "I rememeber when becoming a trainee was dffiuclt, but seeing you got in it seems like the whole world could get in." He drops my schedule on the floor of the elevator just when the door opens for us to exit the elevator. I quickly pick up the schedule and then grab Sehuns wrist ready toblow up on him.

"You think just because you're an idol you can treat people like this? Sorry but you can't, at least not to me. I'm quite franky confident about myself. Just because I'm not as pretty as Yoona or Suzy doesn't mean I'm not pretty. Just because my dancing or singing isn't perfect doesn't mean I can't improve. I'll debut and show you what exactly I am capable of. So off." As soon as I say the last word I walk down the hallway looking for room 708 which is where I will be learning about my variety show personality. I'm raged, absolutley furious, but I'm proud of myself. I just told Sehun to off, Sehun from Exo. It's such a coincidence I saw him again. I look behind me to see if he was still there and he wasn't. Of course being the he is he probably went to his Chinese class without giving a about what just happened. How could a boy with so many fans be such a heartless person? I just continue with my tour and eventually go home still proud of myself.