A Party of 9

You Don't Know What It Feels Like

Jihoon stared at this “Seokmin” guy. Well, actually, he didn’t stare. He had to blink a few times because his new roommate’s smile was a lot wider than the smiles he was used to. Realizing that he didn’t say anything yet, he muttered, “Ummm…. Hi…… I’m Jihoon Lee.”

Jihoon tensed up when Seokmin frowned. Dang it…. Did he do something wrong again? Why is he frowning?.......... Should I say something? After what seemed like a million minutes to Jihoon, Seokmin finally said something. “What year are you in?”

“Year 2,” Jihoon said slowly.

“REALLY?! BUT-“ Seokmin started, but was cut off.

“I know I’m short, but believe it or not, I’m in Year 2. You?” Jihoon questioned.

“Year 1….hehehehe… So…. If you’re in Year 2, then do you know where the cafeteria is?” Seokmin grinned sheepishly. Jihoon inwardly sighed at his new roommate’s behavior. Then he realized that he also didn’t know where the cafeteria was.

“Uhhhh….. I’m new here… so no” he answered.

“Then what are you waiting for?! Let’s go!” Seokmin shouted. He grabbed Jihoon’s wrist, and ran out the door, but not forgetting to lock it on his way out. They reached the courtyard after a few turns left and right. Seokmin finally let go of his wrist and Jihoon looked around. The school was definitely beautiful, as the courtyard was surrounded by a circle of lit up street lamps, all connected together with yellow, ball-shaped lights. There were 4 wooden benches in the courtyard, and in addition, a water fountain (the kind you can throw coins in) standing splat in the middle. Seokmin wrinkled his nose and looked back at Jihoon. “Which direction do you want to head in?”

Jihoon’s eyes widened. No way. They were just going to explore the school? Randomly? They must have a plan, right? Well, apparently, they didn’t have a plan. Jihoon then shook his head. “You do realize that we aren’t the only people here, right? Let’s ask someone.” Now, it was Jihoon’s turn to lead. This time, he grabbed Seokmin’s wrist and headed over to a couple sitting on a bench discussing something with hand flourishes. As they drew closer, they could make out parts of the conversation. “meet…… the new kids……c’moooonnnnn…..” “noo…. Hungry…. Sushi…..”

One of the people sitting on the bench turned their head around when they saw Jihoon and Seokmin heading over to them. “Um hi?” they said with an awkward grin. Jihoon noted that the one that said “hi” had wide cat-like eyes, light golden chestnut brown hair, and a necklace with a cross on it. The other had long blondish gray hair and a navy blue beanie on. “Ummm I’m new here and he’s a new student, and we were wondering if you know where the cafeteria is” Jihoon told the couple. The one with the cat-like eyes nodded vigorously. “Yup! We were just heading there, correct?” He then nudged his partner and said, “Here. We met new students. Now can we go and eat?” The other guy sighed and muttered, “Fine.” They both stood up and the long-haired one smiled and exclaimed, “Follow us!”

On the way to the cafeteria, the four introduced themselves and chatted about anything that came up. Turns out, the one with the eyes was named Joshua and the long-haired one was named Jeonghan. They were both vocal majors and met in a class they had together last year. They got together over the summer and have been dating for about 2 months now. When they reached the cafeteria, which was a tan building, they showed the newbies how to order food. The meals were already included in the tuition fee for the school, so they didn’t have to worry about money. Joshua and Jeonghan both got sushi, but they recommended to Jihoon and Seokmin the pasta. Seokmin got a heap of alfredo pasta, but Jihoon on the other hand, stuck with some onion and pumpkin soup. They then sat down with a few of the Jihan couple’s friends: Wonwoo, Jun, and Seungcheol. They were all 2nd years, and Wonwoo and Seungcheol were hip-hop majors while Jun was a performance major. While they were chatting away, someone came up behind Jihoon and started making silly faces. Seokmin started laughing, and the others soon joined in. Just when Jihoon was about to turn around, this person put their hands over Jihoon’s eyes. “Who is it?” the mystery person asked.

“Soonyoung, you will face the wrath of my guitar later. Hands off!” Jihoon grumbled.

“Geez you party pooper. Anyways, introduce me to your new friends.” Soonyoung grinned and then bowed.

“Guys, meet this brat. Brat, meet Seokmin –my roommate-, Jeonghan, Joshua, Wonwoo, Seungcheol, and Jun.” Jihoon said.

Unexpectedly, Soonyoung then plopped himself down next to Seokmin and started chatting up a storm with him. Jihoon rolled his eyes and continued drinking his soup. Then, another thing happened out of the blue. A tall, tan guy plopped down next to Soonyoung and exclaimed, “Soonyoung! I got our food!” He then preceded to hand Soonyoung a platter of jajangmyeon. After a while of the others staring, he finally realized that he didn’t know all these people. “Uhhhh…. Soonyoung, who are these people?” 


hehehehe sorry this chapter and it's short 

but don't worry

fluff and angst coming up!!!