The Troubled Sehun

Ain't Nothing But Trouble

            Sehun got of the car as he told the drive thank you. He looked around looking for his squishy classmate, Kyungsoo. Sehun didn't know that Kyungsoo was at a festival, Sehun didn't even know there was a festival going on. Nevertheless, Sehun does not really know much. Sehun heard his name, looked at the direction, and found the love of his life. Sehun was overwhelmed by the fact that Kyungsoo was running toward him with a big smile as he wave. Sehun started speed walking toward Kyungsoo to meet him half way.

            "Hi, Hyung." Sehun lightly bowed.

            "Sehun, I'm so glad you could make it." Kyungsoo rested his hand on Sehun's back and Sehun swear he could die. But he can't because he wants more.

            Kyungsoo took Sehun's hand (Sehun thinks this is the best day in his life) and led him inside the festival.

            "There are a lot people so…" It was Kyungsoo's reason to why he was holding his hand; Sehun thinks it is an excuse. "Oh, by the way, some of my other friends felt bad for leaving me so some of them came." Kyungsoo looks back at Sehun and gave him his infamous heart smile. "I hope you don't mind."

            "Oh its okay." Sehun flushed.

            It turned out the place is crowded and Sehun had a hard time getting inside with the amount of people going in and out.

-

            Sehun felt awkward. He didn't know some of Kyungsoo's friend and what's more weird is that Seohyun's brother, Kai, is here. Sehun doesn't really see him anywhere, and when he does he usually has that 'I don't care face' or 'talk to me, I dare you' face. And right now he has that smirk and Sehun has a hunch that, that is the closest thing to a smile.

            The whole time Sehun was there, Kai did not looked at him once, he knows because he was mostly looking at Kai. Kyungsoo and his friends would talk to him here and there but those short conversations were so uncomfortable that Kyungsoo announce they should all walk around and play some games instead of just sitting in the rest area.

            Great idea, Sehun thinks, so I don't have to talk to some of y'all.

Just like Kyungsoo said, there are many people, and Sehun being Sehun was a little bit falling behind. He tried to catch up but some people would cut through and he sometimes catch only because they stop to play something.

            Sehun barely even opened his mouth or talked to Kyungsoo. He was all the way at the front talking to some person while Sehun was falling behind. Sehun decided to play some games, might as well. It was the most typically game ever, shooting gallery game. The person in charge told him the rules:

            "You get ten tries, if you make all ten, you can get one of those big prizes. If you get 9 to 5 you get one middle prizes blah blah blah. You know how it goes."

            Sehun gives him a look and hold the rifle, Sehun heard a chuckle behind him. It was Kai, of course. Sehun knows he was somewhat holding the rifle wrong but who cares. He isn't here to get tested if his holding a rifle right or not. Sehun was expecting for Kai to grab a rifle and shoot away but Sehun guess he is here to watch Sehun fail.

            Sehun already knows he is going to miss like 6 or so but the poor boy miss all of his target. Sehun couldn’t even look at the own much less Kai. There was that short but awkward silent between Sehun, Kai, and even the owner that made Sehun just want to run away.

            The owner thought giving Sehun a prize would make Sehun feel better but Sehun just felt humiliated. "Here is a ring, for trying." Sehun did not want to accept the prize but took it anyways. It was a small gloden plastic ring. It doesn't even fit in his pinky.

            Kai grab the rifle before giving Sehun a pity look. Sehun doesn't even know Kai was capable of showing those type of emotions. The way he handled the rifle and the way he tilted his head to the side and squint his eyes, made Sehun think that this is not his first time handle a rifle. Of course he got every target and got even a praise from the owner. Kai got the biggest prize, which is the typical teddy bear.

            The girl who Kai was talking to the whole time was behind Kai. Sehun didn't even noticed her till she started cheering and clapping for Kai's achievement. The expectation was completely erase from her face thinking she was going to get the 4 ft teddy bear, when Kai handed the bear to Sehun.

           Sehun didn't know what to do. He glanced at the girl then to Kai. Kai just gave him a look and Sehun took it. The girl was displeased and gave Sehun a glare before walking away with Kai.

-

            It was almost midnight and Sehun's mom was calling him already to come home. "Just cause your 18 don't mean ." Was what Irene said before she sweetly said her good bye and I love you.

            "Kyungsoo hyung, I have to go now." Sehun said and Kyungsoo who was so immerse talking to the same dude Sehun had seen earlier that Kyungsoo only said:

            "Awe, already? Okay. Bye then."

            And went back to talking to the male.

            Sehun felt that Kyungsoo did not actually care.

-

            Sehun was walking toward the exit holding the 4 feet teddy bear with both of his arms full of people was hard.

            "Your not going to watch the fire work?" Sehun looked at Kai. He was by himself but has two set of ice cream cone in his hand. Must for the girl, Sehun thought.

            Sehun nods and Kai walked toward him. "My mom called me to come home." Actually demanded.

            "Sad being young I guess." Kai joked. Oh, he has a humor too.

            "Your not that old yourself." Sehun retort.

            "I'm 21. I can do things you are still not allowed to do." The way Kai voiced that sentenced and the way he smirk made Sehun rethink about Kai's sentence.

            Sehun just smiled. The amount of conversation they are having his really a shocker to Sehun. Because he though Kai doesn't like him, because Changmin doesn't like him. Moreover, because Kai never really made an effort to smile or anything to Sehun until now.  

            "You got a ride?" Kai asked as he felt the conversation was going no where.

            Sehun nods. "He is on his way. But thanks for the concern."

            Kai raised a brow. "I wasn't…"

            Sehun wanted to slap himself and Kai.

            Mostly Kai though.

-

            It was 12:30 am and Sehun was still standing by the entrance/exit by himself. His driver was not picking up and Sehun knows Irene is already passed out and his dad was in China for business. He called all his friend and family but for some reason no one is picking up. Even his grandpa Onew and grandma Luna are not picking up. Sehun looked up and saw the fireworks. He wished he wasn't by himself watching it. He wished he were with--

            "I thought you had a ride." Those deep velvety voice made Sehun look back.

            "I did, well, I thought I did." Sehun looked away. For some reason, Kai just looks better and better. Sehun doesn’t know how he feels about that.

            "Should have gotten a license." Sehun pouts, he sounds like Seohyun.

            "Your not staying for the fireworks?"

            Kai looked at the fireworks as Sehun did the same. "Nah, its just smoke polluting the air."             Sehun gave Kai a bitter look. "You just turned something romantic to…" Sehun sighed.

            "Its true though." Kai smirks. Again with the smirk. "I guess if you want to be all romantic, I think this is where I ask if you need a ride?"

            Sehun wants to say no just cause he wants to turn down Kai, because he has a feeling that this man right in front of him right now have never heard the word 'no.' But Sehun is getting tired from standing up and holding the teddy bear.

            "So romantic of you." Sehun said sarcastically.

            "I try." Kai teased.

-

            Sehun was waiting for Kai to ask him where he lives because Sehun is pretty sure Kai doesn’t know.

            As if Kai was reading his head he said. "I would drop Seohyun to your house a lot during high school. Don't get any ideas." Kai teased with his annoying (hot, y) smirk.

            "I wasn’t." Sehun defend, but Kai gave him a look that he did not believe Sehun.

            Kai continued to drive and Sehun was trying to think to something to start a conversation.            "Thanks for the teddy bear." Kai just glanced at him and smiled (smirk). "Although, I think the girl that was with you, might want it."

            Kai kept his smile (smirk) and eye on the road. "I know."

            Sehun looks around confused. "Then… why did you give it to me?" he might have felt bad for me…

            "I wanted to." Was Kai's answer.

            Sehun did not know what to say anymore. So he decided to stay quite before he will started thinking other unnecessary thoughts.

            "You like Kyungsoo." Kai stated out of nowhere.

            Sehun grunt. "I'll probably get over him pretty soon." Sehun said dryly making Kai chuckles. Sehun decided he likes the way Kai chuckles.

            "Aren't you a little player."

            Sehun laughs. "Oh I wish. But I don't think he is interested in me. I barely talked to him. For god sake, I talked to you more than I did to him, and he invited me." Sehun pouts, but there were no feeling behind it.

            Kai smirks at him once again and Sehun hope he just did not blushed. "Well aren't you glad you came."

            Sehun smiles at him. "You ain't that so bad after all."

            It was a red light and Kai looked Sehun in the eyes and Sehun felt exposed. "You had an opinion of me." Like the rest of Kai's sentence they were statement and Sehun does not know how to reply. Kai seemed fine with it though but Sehun isn't.

            Yes, Sehun did have an opinion about Kai before this. He had many thoughts about him, so what? What's the big deal? Sehun doesn’t know but it just made him feel uncomfortable.

-

           Kai and Sehun finally arrived and Sehun couldn’t be glad more… he thinks. Since he has been talking to Kai, Sehun doesn't know what he thinks anymore.

            "Thanks for the ride."

            "No problem." Kai said watching Sehun as the pale boy was trying to get somehting out of his pocket. Was he trying to pay Kai?

            "Here." Sehun handed Kai the plastic gold ring he had gotten in the festival. Kai raised his brows. "It’s a thank you for tonight and the teddy bear." Sehun knows that Kai knows that he is blushing so hard right now.

            Kai took the ring and looked at it. "I don't think it'll fit."

            "doubt it." Sehun agrees. "Wait." Kai once again watched Sehun. The younger boy was taking out his infinity silver necklace and put the ring in, making the ring hang in the middle of the infinity. "Taaaddddaaaa!" Sehun showed Kai even though the older boy had been watching him the whole time. "Come closer." Sehun said. The hell are you doing Choi Sehun! Kai did as he was told and shift closer to Sehun and Sehun put the necklace on Kai. Sehun was struggling to put it on cause Kai's face was like right there in front of him and the dude was just looking at him with expression Sehun doesn't know.

            Finally, Sehun got it attached to Kai and Sehun though he had the courage and look Kai in the eyes. Kai was not looking at his eye but his lips! His lips! His lips! Kai tested Sehun by coming closer and glancing from Sehun's eyes and lips. He was trying to see if Sehun was okay with it. Seeing Sehun flustered and his eyes telling Kai that Sehun was expecting it. Shock but expecting. What made Kai finally pressed their lips together is when Sehun his lips. That's an invitation right? Or did Sehun just had a dry lips? Who knows?

            Sehun's head went blank. Before Kai kissed him, he was pleading the lord for forgiveness and to Seohyun as well.

            Sehun only closed his eyes when Kai closed them also. Kai started to move his lips and     Sehun doesn’t know if his doing it right. So he just followed Kai's lead.

            After a while, Kai was the one that pulled away. He noticed Sehun was running out of breath, it is a sigh for Kai that for sure this is Sehun's first kiss. He felt somewhat bad about it, that he is the first.