Chapter 4.

Bound By Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Love: Lost And Found.

 

 

A range of different colored flowers welcomed him when he walked through the heavy gates of the small cottage by the side of the river. The dew drops on the grass sparkling in the morning sunlight, while the birds chirped their morning greetings to one another. A light breeze tickled his ears, blowing his hair in all the direction and making the leaves rustle. A distant sound of the waves hitting the bay where the river met the large expanse of water was resounding in his ears. He was admiring the beautiful landscape that his eyes were beholding while breathing in the fresh air to his heart's content.

Baek Hyun slowly made his way to the door and unlocked it with the key. The door opened with a slight creaking noise presenting a huge glass door, filled with intricately designed flowers. He slid open the door and walked inside placing his backpack on one of the wooden chairs. He turned around to face the door and close it when he was awestruck with what he witnessed. The sunlight from the outside was casting a divine glow to the designs on the sliding glass door and lighting the room with colorful streaks of light. He took in the beautiful artwork and decided to leave the outer door open.

Before he could take a better look at the place and find out more about it, his phone went off. Taking out his phone from the back pocket, he answered the call, after taking note that it was Jong Dae.

"Hello." He answered.

"Mons- I mean, Baek, where are you right now?" He heard the other asking him while correcting himself. A light chuckle escaped his beautiful thin lips before he answered.

"Somewhere away from Seoul. Why?" He asked, not revealing his location even to his most trusted and one and only friend.

"Can't you tell me where you are? I want to celebrate my birthday with you and also, I miss you a lot. Can't we meet?" He heard the morose voice of his friend, making him feel guilty for leaving him behind in Seoul.

"ChenChen, I'll meet you someday soon and I'll make it up to you then, but I can't tell you anything for now..." Baek Hyun whispered, trying hard to stop his heart from beating so fast and make him more vulnerable than he already  was!

"But, why?" He heard Jong Dae's desperate voice. He sighed and plopped down on the couch facing the window.

"I messed up... Messed up everything! I don't think I can go back to Seoul in near future, if not forever..." Baek Hyun closed his eyes and lifted his right hand to settle his silky locks in their place.

"What? Messed up? What do you mean?"

"I- I met hi-him... Ch- Park Chan Yeol..." Baek Hyun choked out a strangled whisper, voicing out his only admirer's name. His glassy eyes sparkled with unshed tears, lungs constricting with a lack of air, heart clenching painfully.

"Baek... Baek, calm down! Will you?" He heard the other requesting him.

"I... I c-can-can't! H-he recognized me... He fo-found out... He knows I'm alive..." Baek Hyun breathlessly told Jong Dae. He couldn't tell if he was happy or sad that Chan Yeol recognized him. His feelings were in a dilemma. When his heart was thundering with happiness on being recognized, his mind screamed with agony thinking about all possible threats to Chan Yeol's life. His heart craved to be with his loving giant, but his mind forced him to stay away for Chan Yeol's safety. He felt torn between his mind and heart, clearly confused and indecisive about the situation, which made him run away from Chan Yeol like a coward. He didn't know what to do and what not to! He didn't know if he did the right thing by running away. All he knew that he couldn't afford to risk Chan Yeol's life and also his family's safety.

"Baek, calm down. It's okay... Shh..." He heard the other's soft voice trying to soothe his pained heart.

"I'll handle this, Baek... Calm down. I'll talk to him. It's time he comes to find me... I'll talk to him, hm?"

"I miss him... I miss Chan Yeol..." He mumbled just before the call went dead and a monotonous ringing tone replaced Jong Dae's voice.

 

His eyes fluttered open, blinking rapidly trying to get adjusted to the bright yellow sunlight that filtered in through the open window. The sunset was beautiful to watch from this height and he relished in the view until he felt the light movement on his hand. He looked down at his left hand which was softly held by a noticeably bigger and a warmer hand. The touch was pleasant and soothing, but his reflexes were fast to react when he realized where he was and whom he was with. His eyes widened and breath came out in a puff of shocked gasps. He forced his nerves to calm down before he slowly released his hand from  Chan Yeol's grip. Chan Yeol was in a deep sleep and didn't move a tiny bit when Baek Hyun moved out of the bed subtly. 

Tears threatened to spill from his sparkling brown orbs, but he tried hard to keep them under control only to fail when his eyes took in the disheveled state of Chan Yeol. He looked thinner and weak. His eyes had dark circles around them and his face had lost the glow which he liked to call as 'Yoda glow'. He could clearly see the weight loss Chan Yeol had suffered in the last few weeks or so. It was alarmingly high, making him look like a man with no flesh. Baek Hyun had always admired how naturally built Chan Yeol was. He couldn't see it anymore and he knew it was him who made this happen. It was him who made Chan Yeol suffer, crumble down like a broken glass. He knew this would happen once the news broke out on the television and daily papers. But he never imagined Chan Yeol to break down to this extent. He hadn't realized that the giant had loved him and given it all. He never thought there would be someone who would love him, a gangster, this much. It was now that he realized how much of a fool he was to not understand the person who had been wearing his heart on his sleeves. 

Baek Hyun felt his heart ache at the sight of his loved one and felt his lungs getting knocked out of breath. A choked cry made it out of his mouth, but he covered his mouth fearing that the slightest of noises would wake up the sleeping giant. He backed away from the bed and walked to the window. Without thinking much, he leaped out of the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter