Chapter 2.

Bound By Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Found You...

 

 

It hadn’t been more than a week after Chan Yeol’s arrival at Seoul that the newspapers had breaking news again! The CEO of the New York branch of the Park Corporations, Park Chan Yeol, had resigned! The company was enduring a lot of complications since then. There were newspapers which claimed the news to be a rumor and that the CEO was only taking a break. The media twisted the half-truths and tried their luck with fame.

It became a huge headache for the company to handle the media, but for Chan Yeol, it was just the usual nonsensical ramblings of the reporters. He cared less about such things and sometimes even led them on because he had some plans with it!

“What are you planning to do? What’s this all about?” Mr. Park walked in through the main door after a tiring day at the company.

Chan Yeol was sprawled on the couch, his legs hanging off the arm rest, looking like a homeless beggar. He was a mess and there was no one who could bring him out of his miseries or make him feel any better. He would wake up late in the morning, mechanically do the morning chores, walk downstairs and lay down on the couch, watching the news channels. Just until two days ago he used to get irked by the term 'news' and now all he did was to watch the news, ever since he decided to take a break from being a CEO!

“Nothing, I just wanted the media to stop talking about him. So…” Chan Yeol said uninterested and shrugged, still eyeing the TV.

“This is no way to shut them up, Chan Yeol! Did you even think about the consequences? What in the world -”

Chan Yeol cut him off and said, “Just let them be, dad. They’ll shut up when I come back.”

Turning off the TV, he hurried off upstairs to his room, not bothering to spare a glance to his father. It was painful to look at his father, who has always been understanding, even when he let go of all his responsibilities and left New York; even when he broke down holding a bloodied shirt of a certain someone; when he decided to shut them all out for more than a few nights by locking himself up in his room; when he decided to take an unannounced break from his responsibilities as a CEO.

It hurts… Everything hurts!

The memories, more specifically, clawed at his wounded heart more and more!

***

Baek Hyun drove to the address in the text and he double checked his face while getting out of the car. He walked into the building and the first thought that came to his mind after entering was,

"Something’s wrong!"

Baek Hyun further walked into the lift while carefully observing his surroundings and making note of a few suspicious looking faces. There was a man in the lift, probably drunk; staring at him from the moment he entered the lift, making him feel uncomfortable and self-conscious. It was not too long before the man made a move towards him and pulled him flush against his chest. To say that he was taken aback was an understatement! He was aghast! He had always heard of things like harassment, had seen them and saved a few girls and boys from such situations before, but never had he experienced it himself!

I must look like an easy target to these idiots, now! Well, best luck fella!

The elevator’s doors opened with a beep and Baek Hyun walked out of it with a scoff, smoothing the creases on his shirt. The doors closed showing an unconscious drunkard whose face now sported a large bleeding bruise across the cheek.

 

“Excuse me, Sir.” Baek Hyun approached a young man walking out of a room.

“Yes?” the man asked.

“I’m here to meet manager Oh. I have an appointment with him. May I know the directions to his cabin?” Baek Hyun asked.

After receiving directions to the cabin, he thanked the stranger and walked towards the direction of the cabin. The whole place was a bit off-putting and he was doubtful of the surrounding. The office looked disorganized, a few moving boxes were stacked in the corner and a few doors were locked. On reaching the cabin, Baek Hyun lightly knocked on the door and waited for a response.

***

"So Mr. Byun, I believe I have briefed you enough about the contract. I look forward to working with you." The manager, Oh Se Hun, stood up and shook hands with him, offering a polite smile.

Baek Hyun returned his smile and exited the cabin. His grumbling stomach grabbed his attention and he was forced to visit the cafeteria on the ground floor even when he had no intention of staying in and around the area for longer than required.

He sat himself down in one of the farthest corners of the cafeteria and concentrated on gobbling down the cheese sandwich. A small commotion outside distracted him from his food and he craned his neck to get a better look at the scene. He saw the manager he met earlier apologizing to a lean guy with a blond hair. A keen observation lent him a clear understanding of the situation; apparently, the manager had bumped into the guy and spilled his coffee. He shook his head and got back to his food not paying attention anymore. After about a minute or so, two figures showed up nearby and took a seat beside him. He took a look at the two people and immediately shot a small smile in their direction as he noticed that one of them was the manager. The other guy was grumbling and muttering things under his breath, probably cursing someone. That's when he realized that it was the same guy that the manager had bumped into earlier.

"I'm really sorry about your shoes, though!" Se Hun apologized to the other. When he received no reply or any kind of response from the other side, he sighed and got back to drinking his coffee.

"Please stop apologizing. It's getting to me now!" The other guy, who looked beautiful in all possible angles, seemed to know Se Hun well, but something was not okay between the two, Baek Hyun could tell.

"I'm really sorry, Lu Han. I was in a hurry and-" Se Hun was cut off mid-sentence and left hanging while the other guy, named Lu Han, hurried out after thanking Se Hun for the coffee.

Se Hun sighed again and almost

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter