Chapter 1.

Bound By Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A New Beginning. 

 

 

Images of a body sprawled lifelessly, by the river-side decorated the front pages of the newspapers. The news was covered by almost every other daily. The news channels were buzzing with breaking news that the South Korean government had been waiting for, since forever! Every news agency had reserved the most of their time slots of the day to cover the shocking news.

The death of the most feared personality of the city had brought a surprise to every being.

Monster was a gangster, who had been playing hide and seeks with the cops for the last few years and was known for the murder of a prestigious family of Seoul. Nobody knew of his motive behind killing the family of four and burning their house down in the broad daylight. It was six years ago and ever since the police had been chasing him. He had no real identity and there had been no records of him having a family. Any try at finding out had been a failure and thus no information about the murderer was recorded. Monster was a name given to him by the police. Since nobody knew of his name, they referred him by the word 'Monster'.

The sudden death of Monster had stirred a lot of chaos. The police, prosecutors, and other investigators had piled up around the body to comprehend the situation. The face was wrecked and couldn't be identified. The clothes, the infamous lip-ring, and other such accessories were identified as the ones worn by him when he was spotted by a policeman the night before. A tattoo of a burning skull was spotted on the backside of the neck. All these accounted to the body being Monster's and thus, the gangster was declared dead.

While the police celebrated the death of a murderer, a family was mourning the loss.

"Mr. Park, the chairman of the Wu Corporations is here to finalize the contract. You are required in the company." Mr. Park's secretary said.

The said man looked up at his secretary mournfully and let out a heavy sigh. After a few seconds, he nodded at his secretary and went out of the house. His wife was crying bitterly while looking at the news running on the TV. The mourning continued until she had no more strength left in her. A maid silently helped the woman up and walked her to a large bedroom by the side of the living room.

"Umma, you can't let this affect you like this." A young girl entered the room and sat by the older lady.

"You remember, right? He asked us to stay strong in his last visit. Do you want him to be troubled over us even after his death? Is that what you want?" She asked her mother.

The woman shook her head and said,

"But, I can't contain it. I- I do-don't know ho-how to!" The woman burst out crying again while holding her daughter for support.

"You are hurting my mother, Oppa!" The girl complained in a tearful voice but didn't dare  breakdown, for the sake of her mother.

***

A tall figure walked to and fro in a room which was designed with pristine white paint and matching curtains flailing across the window. The window beheld the beautiful sight of the glimmering city lights.

On other days, Chan Yeol would have lost himself in the beauty of it all. But, not tonight. He wished to get back to Korea as soon as possible. He knew his family needed him there and he needed answers too! Although he had been busy handling business at the New York branch of his father's company, he always made sure to keep track of the ongoings in and around his hometown. So, he too had heard of the death news. The death of Monster.

Chan Yeol knew him. He had met that person once when in Seoul. His encounter with Monster kept replaying ever since he had heard the news. His father had introduced them to each other. The other guy looked too young to be in such a field. Chan Yeol never believed that the guy was a gangster and his father had agreed with him.

[Flashback]

Chan Yeol walked inside to an almost dark room along with his father to witness a boy playing the piano. He could hardly see the outline of the boy's figure but, he was sure that the boy was shorter than him. The boy, on the other hand, continued to play, regardless of the stares sent his way.

 The tune had him mesmerized and he had momentarily forgotten where he was and entered a daze. The soft melody of the piano made him halt on his place and close his eyes. Head swaying from side to side, he was thoroughly enjoying the music. The boy playing the piano was well versed and surely an expert. Chan Yeol didn't know how long he had been standing there but, the silence that suddenly enveloped him brought him back to the planet earth. He opened his eyes and saw his father already seated on a chair at the far end and smiling knowingly at him. His father knew that music was his weakness. 

Embarrassed for losing himself like that, he scratched the back of his neck and hurried towards his father. He took a seat beside his father and leaned back on the chair, trying to relax. 

"That was amazing, my boy! Was it one of your own compositions too?" Mr. Park asked the boy who had just stepped away from the piano. 

"Yes, Mr. Park." The boy replied.

The boy's speech wasn't very clear, Chan Yeol noted. It sounded like something was not letting the other guy pronounce the syllables properly. Before he could give more thoughts into it, the boy stepped in front of them and sat on a chair by the window. 

At that moment, Chan Yeol gasped out loud and embarrassed himself all over again. There were only four people in the room including him and the other three pairs of eyes bore on him the moment he gasped. Coughing violently he tried to cover his doings, but he gave up acting soon when he realized that he had given himself away. He mouthed a sorry while bowing slightly and settled back into his chair. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter