~ Life Story~

Unchain My Heart

"We cast a shadow on something wherever we stand, and it is no good moving from place to place to save things; because the shadow always follows.Choose a place where you won't do harm - yes, choose a place where you won't do very much harm, and stand in it for all you are worth, facing the sunshine."

E.M. Forster – A Room with a View.

You closed your book and looked at the clock as you see the sun is slowly going her way up and making the birds sing their morning songs.

How many days have you spent with reading books till dawn?

You can’t even tell. You stood up and went to the bathroom, because its your first year at the College and since you haven’t slept that much (means you haven’t slept at all) you need to look at least a little bit fresh.

After brushing your teeth and pinning your hair into a bun you decided to put on some make up, because your dark circles around your eyes look awful today. "Argh..this rain again." you mutter to yourself. It's not like you don't like rain but since you wanted a fresh start this isn't really that kind of weather you imagined.  

The bus you waited for came and you find your seat right next to the window.You love to see the view outside. You love everything that is a sign of freedom. You listened to the sound of the waterdrops falling from your umbrella to the floor of the bus. The bus stopped and tossed you out of your thoughts. Five cars at the front had an accident. You will be late for school so you asked the busdriver to let you out and you walked until you saw the huge gates of the College. "So this is what my uncle has been doing his whole life. Interesting." you thought. The Songho College was not only a private and most known College in South Korea, it was lead by your uncle which is not that great as you think. 

Suddenly a strong wind started to blow and ...there goes your 30$ umbrella. "Huh. So lucky today". You have never been an optimistic person or social. All you are interested in is your own stuff and life. Why bother about someone else's life? Where is the point? No one cared about you so why should you care about others? The rain started to get stronger and stronger. You ran towards a huge door but suddenly bumped into someone and you both fell. Aigoo..my knees."YAAAH! Are you crazy? Look what you did! My wife washed it yesterday for me!" An middle aged man started scolding you and his arms were flying around like crazy while he was doing that. "Such a strange man" you thought and ran away.

Impressive. The walls were filled with giant portraits of famous writer and authors. The halls were clean and awards and prizes stood in big glass shelves. Impressive you think again. You couldnt see any students, guess they were at the opening ceremony in the gym.

"Oh my Yui-ah!" The headmaster was surley shocked seeing you all wet entering his office. "What happend to you? Did you forget to bring your umbrella? I told you it will rain!" He gently put his jacket on your shoulders and you gave him a weird look. What is he up to? Since when has he been so nice? you thought.

"So how have you been Yui-ah? I havent seen you for such a long time. I'm glad you decided to come to my school and continue your studies here. How is Gwang-jo doing?"

"Don't mention that name. I told you before samchon (uncle)."You turned around and put his jacked on the chair. "I'm sorry Yui-ah. You know he is my brother and I have to ask at least. Anyway I'm heading to the opening ceremony and you should join me." "That's a bad idea samchon. If they find out that I'm your niece they will behave differently and I want them to treat me like a normal student nothing more." "Okay okay. I understand but let's go now. I have to do the opening speech."

As you two were going to the big opening hall you wondered why your uncle was so nice to you. He has never been like that. Maybe it's because mother asked him for this? Knowing that I will join his school and acting all nice so he could get my help all the time. Tzz..you bite your lips. What is he thinking? That I can pull him out of trouble all the time? I just want my peace! Argh..

As you entered the opening hall you realized that a lot of students were already there and you just decided to sit somewhere in the middle. Not to near the stage and not to far away, just right to hear everything your uncle is going to say. After he greeted all the students and wishing them good luck in their College years he winked to you and smiled as he continued to talk. "My dear students, because I am talking way too long and a lot of you want to go to their classes and get to know each other let me finish this by introducing one of my dearest students this year." What? What is he talking about? He won't... I told him i dont want the students to know that I'm his niece. Argh.. what is he even thinking? You stood up and wanted to go to the stage but suddenly a boy bumped into you and gave you a dark gaze.

"He left us the last two years and is now continuing his studies after being the pride of South Korean Basketball! Please give him a huge applause!" The boy smiled and went up to the stage. "Annyeonghaseyo. My name is Kim Taehyung. Nice to meet you!"

Kim Taehyung. Kim Taehyung.. It sounds so familiar. Where did you hear this name before? Wasn't it when mother was watching the Live Basketball game last year? Could this be him? you muttered to yourself while going to your class.Talking to yourself you didn't realize that you have completley lost your way. Class B? Huh? Where is it? Class D..Class C oh there it is ! Class B. Before you opened the door you prayed that only nice and good students would be there. Oh...too late for the prayer. A pink pokemon. A green haired mint. A weirdo. A bodyguard with a babyface. A mother and smiling sunshine. Good choice for wanting to get into Class B. You sat down right next to the window in the last row and watched the rain pouring down and remembered the song you listened last night. Lee Juck-Rain. You still don't know why you listen to this song every night. But it helps you to calm down. Suddenly the door opened and a tall boy walked in. The bump of the door threw you out of your thoughts.

"Daebak! Thats Taehyung. Aigoo he is in our class!"    "He is so handsome. Look at his jaw line! omoooo..." 

Taehyung? Kim Taehyung? That speacial student uncle was talking about? The basketball player? Hm..you thought and looked out the window again. 

You didnt realize that Taehyung was sitting right next to you. The bell rang and the teacher came in. "Annyeonghaseyo. My name is Choi Kang-im and I'm your...

YAAAAAAAAAH!!! You startled and looked up. The teacher was right in front of you. "YAH .. how could you run away huh? My clothes were all dirty ! You didnt apologize!" You looked at him with a strange look. "Aish... I will let you go this time Yui-ah! Everyone sit down! We are going to start the lesson"

"You should apologize." You turned to your right and saw Taehyung looking at you. "Huh?"   "You should apologize to Choi-seon-saeng-nim" You look at him blankly  and turned your head away. What is he thinking? Who is he to tell me what to do? Tzz..Kim Taehyung.