019

The Untouchables

 

“What?” Suho stood up from his chair, Chanyeol glanced at his cousin.

“Where are you?....No,…Just keep her safe, I’ll try to reach Lay and see if he can help out.” He sighed before putting his phone down with a grunt.

“Is something wrong, hyung?”

“The reason why Chaeyeon isn’t picking up your calls, is because she’s with Sehun, they’re supposed to eat lunch, but they’re being tailed.”

Chanyeol’s brows met briefly.

“Then, hyung, we should be~”

“They’re far from the city, and you have to meet your parents.” Suho said to him.

“Hyung, Chaeyeon is in danger, I can~”

“Don’t, if you don’t meet up with the elders now, they might not believe your story. Just talk to them, since Chaeyeon’s already okay with your plan. I’ll take care of this one.”

Chanyeol sighed and faced the windows again.

“How did they end up being tailed anyway?”

“Chaeyeon wanted to eat at some restaurant by the seaside. Don’t worry about it, Sehun’s with her.”

“He’s always with her.” He pointed out before leaving his older cousin’s office.

 

 

“That was fun!” Chaeyeon giggled as Sehun opened the door and lifted her off the Bugatti.

“Fun?” He grunted as he pulled her towards the restaurant’s door.

“It was like a movie, you drove like a madman.” She mused as they were directed to an empty table.

“Chaeyeon, those guys weren’t just plain old sasaeng fans, you know that right?” He asked as he pulled the chair for her.

“Which is why I want to ask you,” She spoke as Sehun sat across her.

“Why were they following us? Or is it just you?” She asked.

Sehun met her gaze evenly, his brows met briefly.

“Lying to me isn’t a good idea.” She pointed out just as a bowl of steaming soup was served to them.

“One of your directors at KangSan has been tailing you. He has men…looking at your every movement.”

She paused, her spoon hovering above the bowl. Sehun sighed and just got the spoon from her.

“We thought it might be a good idea not to tell you right away since it might bother you but~”

“He’s tailing me? But why?” She shook her head, the server came with their order of lobsters and crabs.

“He found out about you being connected to us.” Sehun said quietly.

“Oh.” Her brows met.

“Look, Chaeyeon, I know it’s messy, and being with us endangers your life and~”

“No, so does he know now? About what you guys do?”

“No. He doesn’t. He just thinks that it we helped you kick his two friends out.” Sehun was confused. What was she thinking?

“That’s good then. We have more kids to help.” She pointed out before scooping out some meat from the lobster.

“Chaeyeon, Jang Jaeguk might want you dead.” Sehun explained.

“He can’t kill me or hurt me, Sehun.”

“Chaeyeon, I know your innate stubbornness~”

Chaeyeon sighed and just stood up, she plopped beside him.

“You got us out of that car chase, remember? You have to chill. He can’t just simply kill me because I’m somebody whom the public has their eyes on.”

“The celebrity status does come in handy, huh, knucklehead?” He made a face at her as she chuckled.

“Just shut up and help me crack these crabs open.” She nudged him, Sehun just looked at her side profile and smiled.

“Thanks for not panicking, Chae.” He said softly before caressing the side of her cheek.

Chaeyeon tensed but she nodded.

 

 

 

Chen and Xiumin jogged out of the house just as the Bugatti Veyron pulled over the front door.

“Did you get hurt?” Xiumin asked her as he checked on her arms and legs, Sehun slid down the car just as the two sedans pulled over behind them, they were sent by Lay, his bodyguards had escorted them back to the city.

“I’m fine, oppa. But I think I overate.” She grinned at Xiumin, Chen just eyed her warily.

“I don’t think she was aware of how much danger she was in.” Chen said.

“Been trying to tell her the whole afternoon, hyung.” Sehun said as they walked to the house, Chanyeol was standing by the front door with a small smile on his face.

“Fiancé-nim!” Chaeyeon chuckled as she jogged to him.

“Hi, Chaeyeon.” He exhaled before reaching down to hug her briefly, Xiumin noticed how Sehun’s face darkened before he sidestepped the older male and went in the house.

“You guys are overreacting, really.” Chaeyeon chuckled as Chanyeol let go of her.

“Come inside, we need to talk.” Chanyeol spoke as he pulled her in.

 

 

“Since we have that business party thing tomorrow, can we just announce the engagement the day after tomorrow?” Chaeyeon asked as she ate ice cream, Kyungsoo sat beside her and eyed her windblown hair.

“Sure.” Chanyeol nodded, they were all seated around the rectangle table, talking.

“So, you going stag tomorrow? At the party.” Kai asked as he plopped on her left and leaned his head on her shoulder, she grinned.

“Yeah. But I’m meeting an old friend there too.”

“Good, we’ll see you there, mei.” Lay nodded.

“So, Jang Jaeguk, are we not going to talk about him? Or do you plan to just divert my attention away from him?” She cleared , Baekhyun flinched.

Kai huffed.

“He was tailing us. Or he’s been tailing me for a while now, huh? That’s why you guys always call me from time to time on a daily basis.” She pointed up.

“Awwe, that’s not it. You know we love you, princess.” Kai cooed as he snuggled closer.

“Kim Jongin.” She sighed, Kai made a face.

“He’s been trying to get information about you and us. He thinks we helped you with the other two directors. He knows you’re a threat to him, Chae.” Suho spoke calmly.

“So, he wants to get rid of me?”

“It might get to that if we continue digging up things about him.” Chanyeol said quietly, Kyungsoo exhaled.

“Then, don’t stop, oppa. KangSan isn’t his, it’s my family’s.” She said softly, Suho just nodded and reached for her hand.

“But we need you to do something for us.” Suho said.

“Okay…..You guys want tickets to my concert? Sure.” She smiled, Kyungsoo and Lay and glanced at her warily.

“We can probably afford buying the whole thing.” Sehun pointed out with a smirk, Chaeyeon just rolled her eyes at him.

“We’re sending you a security detail.”

“But oppa~”

“Four guards.”

“Oppa, that~”

“No bargaining. You already said okay, remember?” Suho winked at her before taking her ice cream and eating it.

“Ugh.” She grunted, Kai chuckled.

“So, I’ll be going home to shower.” She said as she unlatched Kai from her, Sehun and Chanyeol stood up.

“I’ll walk you home.” They both said at the same time.

Suho and Xiumin looked at each other, Sehun met his hyung’s gaze equally.

“Hyung, I usually walk her home. It’s fine.” Sehun spoke in his unusually casual tone.

“Sehun-ah, she’s~”

“I’ll walk her home. The tension’s going to kill me anyway.” Kai rose up and took her hand.

 

“Off we go, babe.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++