013

The Untouchables

 

“Nam Joohyuk.” Chaeyon spoke as the tall male stepped out from the shower room.

“You lost weight.” He commented as he stretched one hand to her.

“Thanks, but I’m here to ask you out.” She sighed.

“Really? Me? With you? Ew.

Chaeyeon slapped his arm, he laughed.

“I have this KangSan thing next week, are you free?” She asked him, Joohyuk winced.

“I leave for Barcelona this Saturday. I wont be back for two weeks.”

She huffed, Joohyuk just mussed her hair.

“No date then, thanks bud.”

“How about your new friends? Your No Touch Chaebols?” He teased.

“Nah, can you drive me home? I’m kind of…car less.”

“Of course, princess.”

 

 

 

“Jung Jaeguk.” Suho said, at the same time a photo of a man in his mid fifties flashed on the screen.

“This is the man who wants to Chaeyeon and her brother out?” Baekhyun asked.

“Yes and he is one of three we need to…sweep out.” Xiumin replied.

“Song Moonhee and Jin Yeran.” Suho spoke again, two photos appeared on the screen again.

“But this Jung guy worries me, we managed to wiretap some of his calls and hack into his emails.” Suho sighed.

“He’s been gathering data about Chaeyeon. Not just any data, copies of her passport, government IDs and even her preferences.”

“Has he assigned people to tail her?” Chanyeol spoke, Suho nodded. Sehun’s brows met.

“Ya, you left her at the sports stadium, right? Oh Sehun!” Lay sighed.

“I left my security detail with her, hyung. They wouldn’t just try to hurt her with so many eyes on her.” Sehun pointed out, Chen nodded.

“Media is starting to notice her, look.” Chen placed the iPad on the table, there were photos of her talking with Chanyeol when they arrived at the studio earlier that morning and another set were with Sehun as they walked out of the coffee shop.

“When is she getting a car? She keeps on riding cabs.” Kyungsoo exhaled.

“Most celebrities have their own vans, but I think Chaeyeon doesn’t like it.” Kai added, then the doors slid open. Suho was quick to shut off the projector.

“Hi, babe!” Kai waved at her.

“I’m hungry, can we eat now?” Chaeyeon asked, she was dressed in a sleeveless tank and a pair of lace shorts.

“Of course, let’s go.” Baekhyun stood up and took her hand.

“What about those two?” Sehun asked as Chaeyeon was out of earshot.

“I’ll talk to Chaeyeon about it after dinner. But I have to dig more about Jung Jaeguk.”

 

 

“So, what you’re saying is that they started this charity for blind children three years ago?”

Suho nodded, Chaeyeon just nibbled on her sliced cucumbers, Baekhyun shuddered.

“But when you checked, the charity doesn’t exist? How did the board approve this?” Chaeyeon’s brows met.

“They are the board.” Kyungsoo said, Chaeyeon muttered something under her breath.

“No bad words on the table, mei.” Lay said kindly, she grunted.

“We usually don’t do this, but are you okay with it?” Xiumin leaned forward and got another slice of pizza.

“Okay with what?” She chewed then without thinking she brushed some off the crumbs on Chen’s chin.

“Us stealing from two of your largest shareholders….?” Xiumin continued. Chen beamed at Chaeyeon.

“Yeah, sure, go ahead. That’s why I’m here putting up with you.” She chuckled.

“Are you just going to eat water?” Chanyeol asked her while eyeing her plate of cucumbers.

“I kind of have to be back in shape for the concert. You guys enjoy your carbs. I’m fine.” She shrugged, Kai chuckled.

“But you’re already in shape.” Kyungsoo pointed out.

“Just eat one slice, that way we wont feel a bad. Or even half.” Baekhyun picked up a slice for her.

“But~”

“It won’t affect your nice , babe. Just eat.” Kai winked at her.

“And, if you’re heavier, you’d be harder to kidnap. That’s good too.” Sehun spoke, Chaeyeon threw a slice of cucumber at him.

 

 

 

 

Chaeyeon was wearing an oversized gray sweater, hot shorts and black thigh high suede boots as she stepped out of her room, her dog was already waiting for her downstairs.

“We’re going shopping today, bud. Well, car shopping. Which I might add that I am very clueless about.” She stated, the dog just barked once before running to the living room.

Her brother’s secretary was waiting for her.

“Ma’am, I was told to drive you to Gangnam to look at cars, but there seems to be an issue.”

She walked in and paused.

“What issue?”

She noticed Kai was also in the room, trying hard to hide the smirk on his face.

“Good morning, babe.” He grinned at her.

“Hi.” She sent him a look.

“Oh, you’re up. I made you something light for breakfast.” Kyungsoo walked in the room, Chaeyeon blinked.

“Wow, I have guests?” She nodded, Kyungsoo ignored her and just took Darth Vader with him.

“Two Sith lords, nice.” Chaeyeon shook her head, her brother’s secretary cleared his throat.

“I’m sorry, please continue.” She faced him, Kai nodded.

“Two of our directors, director Song and director Jin,”

“Okay, I think I know their faces.” She said coolly.

“They filed a complain that they’ve been robbed last night, their accounts have been frozen and then somebody sent an untraceable email to the city prosecutor’s office that exposed one of the KangSan funded charities.”

“How’d it end?” She asked, she heard her front door opening.

“Your Uber’s here.” A bored voice came from the doorway, she almost smiled.

“Director Song and Jin has been stealing from KangSan, the charity doesn’t exist. The lists of children’s names are fake.”

“So, I’m guessing they called an emergency meeting, yes?” She asked.

“Yes, it will be today at the luncheon later this noon.”

Chaeyeon just nodded.

“I’ll be there then. See you later.” She said, the male stood up and left the house.

Kai finally whistled.

“Thanks, guys.” She smiled at she bumped fists with Kai.

“So, I heard you needed a date for later?” Kai started, Kyungsoo just shook his head as he joined them in the living room.

“That and I need a car, anyone wants to go and shop for one with me?”

 

 

 

“If I come alone they’ll think I don’t have any connections, but in a way it’s pretty badass.” Chaeyeon said as the car sales assistants panicked.

“Going alone is good too, but in this type of game it might not be wise to.” Kyungsoo told her, he patted her hand.

“I have to go. Drive safely.” He mused as he glanced at her choice, a Lamborghini Veneno.

“So, I’m left with Samsung and Lotte.” She faced Kai and Sehun.

“You don’t have to bring a date. This would just~”

“I know, I don’t need a date.” She shrugged, Kai smiled proudly.

“What are you going to do? Usually at this type of thing the company would try to cover up or help their stockholders when a scandal comes up.” Kai said as they stepped out of the building, her car was already waiting for her.

“I know.” She smiled as she walked to her Lamborghini.

“And you’re going to do what exactly?” Sehun asked.

“I’m not going to do anything. Let the system eat them.”

“Chaeyeon, they would suspect you or think you’re not being responsible.” Kai said carefully. She snorted which made Sehun smirk.

Somehow he knew what her next move was.

Typical Kang Chaeyeon.

“They weren’t being responsible when they called me unworthy of my position and released articles that made me look some dumb celebrity anyway, so,” She got in the car and rolled down the windows.

 

“Vroom vroom, .”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++