Two People

Always You

In the far days ahead, even if the dreams we're looking for isn't past the rainbow. The times spend with you right now are more precious to me. Until everything becomes a memory, ley's become each other's resting place. 

 

2012 was Joong Ki's year. He enjoyed some popularity through his work in Werewolf Boy and Innocent Man. He even received best couple award with Moon Chae Won, his co-star in Innocent Man. To think of it, he left Running Man in 2011 with a heavy heart for acting and he felt such a strong responsibility to work harder and focused on his acting career path. He was emceeing on the side, and it seems to be garnering attention for his talent and diversity in acting from Penny Pinchers, to different appearances on variety shows and also released a book for men skincare. After the meeting Hye Kyo that fateful night, he would always find a way to bump into her in cafes, but only say hello. He followed all of Hye Kyo's work.. From her American independent film, to her work in Korea and China. He was daring enough to ask for her number, but he would update her on his work, and few text of encouragements. He knew he had more to prove in his mind, he had always her in mind, in the morning, and every night before bed. He was bewitched. He knew of her previous public relationship that seemed to be against her so he kept his distance respecting her space. In the many text between her and him was very casual without any honorifics the way Hye Kyo preferred making him feel more confident.

"Joong Ki-ah, saw your Innocent man drama.. Hwaiting!" one text message like that from her was good enough to make his week. He would in return send cheesy text like "What did the bread say when it ran into the wall... ppang!". Hye Kyo would laugh and say "Joong Ki, ottoke, I'm going for a serious meeting, please stop sending me funny jokes" He would reply "Ukijyo? Is it funny? Ah, I am going off to Busan for film festival.. Otokke I'll miss you" She would reply "Hwaiting! Busan girls are so cute when they say "Oppa ya!" "You want to listen? Please watch me carefully, I'll make a special request for you" "Hope to see you soon! Bogoshipoyo" It makes Hye Kyo happy. But it's really nothing she thought. She was just happy to have extended a good friendship with a hoobae. She learned from her past year public breakup that she should be more cautious with her feelings. But she was happy to have uplifting messages like this especially when it comes from Joong Ki. Was there something? She did not want to probe. She just wanted to enjoy her life and work.

2013 came. Hye Kyo signed on to a new drama after 3 years with sunbae Jo In Sung. This Winter, The Winter Blows shooting went by like a breeze. It turns out that Joong Ki was In Sung sunbae's good friend and he would drop by the set often and even sending a coffee truck once.

 

One day on set, Joong Ki decided to drop by Hye Kyo's trailer. He looked anxious. Hye Kyo welcomed him like a friend and they had coffee together privately. "Sunbae, thank you for inspiring me this past one year" "I am glad you did well, I've been watching closely" "Yes, I am off to Military Service in 2 weeks" he said with a heavy heart, looking down. "I know, I saw the news" "I'll miss you" He continued looking down at his coffee cup. "Ne, I'll miss you too Joong Ki-ah" she said trying to cheer him up. It's always him trying to cheer her up, she'll at least do her best to not sound depressed that she'll be losing a friend that she can find comfort in for 2 years. "I'll come back a better man... I promise to keep watching your activities during service" "Ne, please continue to monitor my activities" "I'll work hard and not slack , and keep myself busy" "Will you think of me too sunbae?" "Yes, just like the rainbow, or the skies, or the moon, I'll remember your cheesy jokes and remind myself of you when you're not around" Suddenly there was silence between them for about a minute. You could hear a pin drop. Who would give in and say something first she wondered. "Is it okay sunbae for you to wait for me?" "Wait for you?" she asked. "Ne, this is a special favour, maybe it's a little selfish, but I wanted to say this before I leave. Is it okay for you to wait for me for 2 years? I'll come back a better man for you" he said with conviction. "I don't know what you think of me. But I didn't say anything all this while as I wanted to respect your space and give you time to heal. That's why this is one favour I am asking, if it's not okay, please say..." And with that suddenly he felt a pair of arms around him in a warm embrace and soft whisper "I know, we know... I'll wait if you would wait... I'll think of you as man of honour. Thank you Joong Ki-ah" she releases him and looked at him in the eye. He was pretty dazed from the embrace. Hye Kyo gave him a funny look "I think I did just confess? Hmm, you don't seem to have any reaction, did I misconstrued your words? Should I apologize?" He cleared his throat and maintained that seriousness in his face saying "You know how I response to apologies?" With that he pulled her by her arms and planted his lips softly on hers. So much for waiting, Hye Kyo thought as she responded to the kiss.