Kiss Goodbye

Always You

I can't withdraw the love I already gave you, and I can't give all the love I owe you. Don't take along my heart to follow you. 

 

April 2010: It was a difficult heartbreak for Joong Ki with her girl of two years. In entertainment, that's almost like steady relationship that possibly spells marriage. But some things weren't meant to be. This was already the 3rd break up, this being the longest one. Joong Ki was at the beginning of his actor career; still struggling and busy auditioning every other day for small roles. He already done a cameo for a movied entitled Frozen Flower in 2008 and there was a 2 years dry spell in his career. Joong Ki dare not say a word on the day she said, "Joong Ki ah, we need to talk" He knew he loved her, but it wasn't enough to make her stay. They parted ways. 

 

He always knew what he wanted although situations was not always on his side. He was doing well at skating, but had a fallback due to an injury. He channeled his frustrations into studies and excelled. He was a bright university student, and popular for his ullzang looks. "You ought to be doing something with your talent and looks" a friend lamented, and then with that he found an opportunity to go on a KBS Quiz Show and made it all the way to the finals. He loved it, for once he's not known as just a Go Mi Nam or pretty boy. He wanted to be acknowledged. He wanted to be known as an actor like Leonardio Dicaprio. It doesn't matter if he doesn't win awards, but he wanted to be remembered for his presence and work. Then came, Running Man, a reality show that focuses on both mental and physical challenge and they were looking for a young guy in his 20s and able to be part of main cast while they have different celebrities on the show every week. There he met Lee Kwang Soo, who became his cherished friend on the show. He was a goofball, but they shared many moments together, in joy and sadness. One thing that he learned well in this industry was to find at least a good friend; he learn loyalty. He slowly gained recognition, and started hosting on music shows, and one thing led to another; he found himself playing Gu Yong Ha, in Sungkyunkwan Scandal. And then he met Yoo Ah In on set, and there blossomed another good friendship.

 

"I cannot believe we won best couple for this drama. Next time it's should be with a girl" Joong Ki lamented when they had drinks the night after the KBS Award show. "Maybe you should date more hyung, you need to really chill" Ah In casually said. "For now, let's work.. I will find a date when I feel I have truly achieved something in my career" Joong Ki commented obviously still feeling the last breakup and his desire to prove to himself in his next relationship. "Arasso, I'll keep a lookout for you then; maybe a pretty noona is waiting somewhere for you at the right time" he knowing that Joong Ki is always an old soul with deep thoughts. "You go find that noona, and meet me in 2 years time okay?" he said.