Chapter Four - Oh no!

Dear Friend

Since they were free from all assignments, music rehearsals or any sports practice, Yugyeom received permission from his parents to stay over at Jimin’s house the next day. While, Jimin informed her parents that Yugyeom would be coming over for a slumber party she was organizing. Since the two kids became a lot closer like salt and pepper, their families also had gotten friendlier as well. Jimin was familiar with his house as he was with hers.

 

Jimin’s parents were a bit astounded at first by the fact that there were only going to be the two of them camping up in the lounge this weekend. Upon seeing a tower of DVDs by the TV in the living room that Jimin rented out and the insane quantity of food stocked up in the pantry. After observing their faces, Yugyeom admitted that he would have been quite worried and surprised too if he was in their shoes.

 

“Now, kids. We will be back tomorrow night. You two will be fine by yourself, yes?” Jimin’s mum asked in concern.

 

“Yes, mum. We’re not like five anymore! We are just going to watch some movies. That’s all.” Jimin convincingly replied walking to the front door sending her parents off.

 

“Okay, sweetheart. If you need anything, call your uncle Tony from down the road.” Her mum planted small quick pecks onto both of Jimin’s cheeks.

 

“Be responsible you two and don’t do anything you’re not supposed to!” Jimin’s dad reminded the two in a serious tone implying any possible hidden agendas.

 

“Ewww.. We’ll never do anything like that. That’s just gross. Never with this idiot, dad! Anyway, you guys have nothing to worry about!” Jimin reassured while faintly shivered at the thought of what her dad was concerned of.

 

“Take care of Jimin please, Yugyeom.” Jimin’s mum then whispered to him.

 

“Make sure she doesn’t eat all of that junk food she bought. Otherwise, someone is going to have to deal with her whole ‘why did you not stop me’ rant for days while she goes through her diet.” Jimin’s mum said and chuckled, knowing her own daughter’s habits far too well.

 

“Don’t worry, Mrs. Park. I’ll keep my eyes on her.”

 

“Thank you, sweetheart.” She replied.

 

“Hey! What are you guys whispering about? I’m right here!” Jimin cutely pouted.

 

“Have a safe trip mum.” Jimin gave her dad a bear hug soon after in which the he returned in the same manner. “Bye daddy. Love you!”

 

XxxXxx

 

“Let’s watch a horror movie next.” Jimin suggested after they finished up half way through the Harry Potter series.

 

After the girl mentioned the word ‘horror’, Yugyeom was trying to get himself out of watching it. He might seem manly from the appearance but when it all came down to scary movies, he wasn’t cut out for it. Simply tot his cup of tea.

 

“How about ‘Paranormal Activity’?” Jimin searched through a pile of DVDs on the floor but did not pay any attention to the expression on her friend’s face.

 

“Jimin, it’s almost 2am right now. Shouldn’t we go to bed?” Yugyeom convinced her thinking of a way out.

 

“Yah~” Jimin whined with aegyo to persuade him. “Let’s watch it, yeah?”

 

Upon seeing her rare act of aegyo, he was sweating on the inside. How could he say to her that horror movies weren’t for him? If she found out, she will probably to the moon and back for the rest of his life. He knew he was a boy but it’s not his fault he couldn’t stand watching scary movies with blood spills and such.

 

‘ Is this how it’s going to be? Is this the end of the manly Yugyeom era?’ he thought.

 

“ But, but.. but.. how about we finish up all the Harry Potter movies first?” he tried to conceal his nerves.

 

“Hmm.. or we can watch something else to mix it up?” Jimin confused at Yugyeom’s firmed ground. Until, she realized something while studying his face.

 

“Wait!” she had her evil face on. “Don’t tell me now..” the evil grinned now became much wilder as she went on. “You are scared of horror movies aren’t you, Kim Yugyeom-sshi?!” in her 100% mocking mode self, said Jimin.

 

Just like a child who got caught stealing a candy, Yugyeom’s eyes widened at Jimin’s words.

 

“No! Of course.. n.. not!” he stuttered with desire of wanting to rescue himself from this circumstance. “What do you mean, s..s..scare?” His pupils dilated more and more but still have what he thought was a brave face on.

 

“Are you sure about that? Because if you’re fine with scary movies then let’s watch Saw!” Jimin noticed that her bigger friend’s body stiffened up immediately upon hearing the movie’s name.

 

The girl wasted no time, chucking in the new DVD into the player without Yugyeom’s consent. Jimin walked back towards the sofa and she noticed that Yugyeom had become super fidgety; she let out a small chuckle.

 

The opening credit started playing, Yugyeom couldn’t save himself. He sat there praying he would get through it alive.

 

While he was devoting himself to the determination of sitting through the movie, Jimin nudged him to get off the seat so she could transform the sofa into a bed for them to get comfortable on. She laid out some pillows and blankets just in case they fell asleep during the movie. Well, actually it was for Yugyeom, something he could cover his up his eyes with! She could tell he didn’t want to watch the movie with her. But she just wanted to see his reactions for herself so badly.

 

‘Oh boy! Ain’t this gonna be fun!’

 

As the movie proceeded, Yugyeom snuggled himself closer to Jimin a little by little each time he sensed something was going to happen. Jimin was having too much fun seeing her friend all being scared but didn’t want to state the obvious.  So far, she saw him pulled up a pillow to hide his face, squinted his eyes firmed, holding onto her sleeve pretended he was hiding his yawn whenever the gore scenes came up. She thought how adorable of this big baby being such a scaredy cat.  How hilarious would it be if all the girls at school find out that Mr. Tough Guy right here covered up his face while watching scary movies.

 

“Gyeom, here comes the highlight for you!” Once the bloodiest scene was approaching, she notified him. But he was too late to grab onto anything, he jumped up at the sound effect and allowed a little high pitch scream to escape his mouth before anything even took place. He pulled up Jimin’s arm and hid behind one of her hands instead.

 

“Dude! Nothing yet! Oh my god! Hahaha” Jimin burst out holding onto her stomach while the boy still held onto her hand, no sign of letting go any time soon. He peeked through her fingers to check causing the girl’s laughter filling up the room. Jimin laughed so much that she felt little tears forming on the corner of her eyes. Feeling super embarrassed, he pushed Jimin’s hand out and looked away.

 

“Aw, I’m sorry I made you sit through that. You’re not gonna cry, are you?” Jimin teased.

 

“Why would I!! I wasn’t scared just so you know.” He voice increasing in volume as he defended himself, covering up. “I was frightened by the sound, that was it!”

 

“Oh really?” she said in the ‘I’m-onto-you’ tone.

 

“Come on, are you still gonna watch it or nah.” attempted to divert her attention.

 

“Hah!  You were cute, Kim Yugyeom” Jimin pinched one of his cheeks out of affections.

 

“Whatever!” he pouted while brush off her hand on his face.

 

The movie continued, the sound of the girl’s chatter disappeared. His eyes were becoming very heavy then he felt something leaning against his shoulder.

 

Yugyeom glanced down to see Jimin already asleep with her constant sound of breathing. A smile crept up on his face as he analyzed Jimin’s features up close for the first time. He traced around the outline of her face, onto her long lashes, the contour of her cute button nose, her porcelain cheeks and her rosy soft lips that he loved.

 

Wait.. ‘that he loved’.. a little freaked out by his own thoughts but at this point his mind took over his body. ‘Where did that come from?’

 

His hand paused once on top of her lips. The more he stared at her lips, the faster his heartbeat raised. He wanted to pull his hand away but something inside of him just couldn’t. It was like all his senses were triggered alive. The feeling of her warm body leaning on him, the sound of her breathing, the pulse of her heartbeat, the scent of her body, everything was driving himself mad. He gently brushed the bang out of her face afraid that his touch might wake her up.

 

‘Since when had Jimin become so beautiful, puberty did magic on her.’

He suddenly felt the strong urge to kiss her. He wondered if her lips would be as soft as he imagined or not. With that impulse in mind, he unconsciously caressed her face in his warm hand; stamped a kiss on her forehead. He tilted her chin up slightly. As if this was like a treasure hunt, he slowly made his way onto her lips. He could feel her breathe, inhale and exhale. He could smell the strawberry flavoured lollipop she had earlier lingered on her lips still. He let his lips touched hers for a brief moment. His heart was pumping out of his chest. Sleeping Beauty then murmured something before Yugyeom registered what he just did. He swiftly pulled himself away from her sweet lips.   

 

‘HE JUST KISSED HER! Oh no, oh no, oh no. What the heck!’

 

The feelings of surprise, shock, denial and frustration flooded in on him all at once.

 

XxxXxx

 

So there you go another chapter from me!

Thank you all subscribers. I would appreciate it if you could please spare some time after reading and leave me some feedbacks or comments! xxx