Chapter Three - Have you wallowed?

Dear Friend

Unfortunately, a few weeks later the poor boy got rejected and his self-esteem was sent to rest beneath the Earth surface. From that day onwards, Yerin decided to distance herself away from their circle to avoid the awkwardness she caused them all.  

 

Jimin met up with Yugyeom one morning at the park nearby his neighbourhood.

 

“So what was the reason she turned you down?” asked Jimin while attempting a chin up on a metal bar in a playground.

 

‘Perfect execution that was!’ she thought and silently applauded herself on the inside and did another chin up while waiting for Yugyeom’s answer.

 

“She said she doesn’t like people the same age.” disheartened Yugyeom.

 

“Hang on, was that a chin up you just did?” he asked surprisingly. “Are you even a girl? For goodness sake.” He said skeptically while shaking his head a little.

 

“Even that was difficult for guys to do. What have they been training you at school?” he commented with disapproval tone.

 

“Pft! Same as what they taught you in a regular PE class and basic strength training?” the girl retaliated.

 

Yugyeom glanced up his focus and was caught off guard by the sight in front of him.

 

As Jimin was still holding onto the metal bar like a little kid, only that she was no longer a little child. Her ‘previous’ perfectly fitted long sleeves cropped top, now the brim had risen up way more than a cropped top should; fully exposing her flat milky stomach for the world to see and barely covered the bottom of her sports bra line. She executed another chin up, this time he observed thoroughly as she pulled her tiny body upwards reaching the metal bar. The reveals of her visible oblique lines got his blood pumping up and circulated far too well all the way up to his cheeks area. Oh dear god, he was so not blushing. He couldn’t stop himself from staring. Yet the girl remained so clueless and stared right back with her big doe and innocent eyes.

 

Yugyeom inhaled in some fresh air to calm his heart, his mind and getting rid of his blush. Obviously disturbed by this certain view, removed his arms from his cardigan. He swallowed then chuck it right at the girl’s mid-riff to cover up for the distress he perceived.

 

Jimin was dumbfounded and confused by her friend’s immediate action. Question marks swiftly emerged all over her face.

 

“Um.. Isn’t your top.. uhh.. a bit too short there, Jimin?” Yugyeom cleared his dry throat before clarified his gesture before mumbling under his breath. “This shameless girl with ZERO cautious! Didn’t even think I’m a guy, did she?” he rolled his eyes in bewilderment.

 

“Yah! I heard that. Don’t change a subject.” The girl pulled her top down casually, ignored the change in topic and continued. “So that’s it?” Jimin wondered beyond belief watching her giant friend now sulking away at the bottom of the slider.  She hopped off the metal bar; picked up the cardigan he tossed her way earlier and crouched down in front of him.

 

“She didn’t even mention a thing or two about your personality, your weird characteristics, habit of having no habits or anything?” Jimin smirked.

 

“Just that she doesn’t like people the same age?” she gave off a small snort of disbelief through her button nose.

 

“That’s just rude. She could have made more effort and told you that she was disgusted by your constant increase in height every time she sees you or something!” said humorously with a smile in an irritatingly smug.

 

Yugyeom roared with laughter upon hearing Jimin’s witty accurate remark regarding his change from puberty.

 

“Oh well, you did well my Yug-bear!” She grabbed his hand and intertwined her fingers with his before holding it up, shook it up and down to express admiration for his brave act.

 

Yugyeom touched by Jimin’s gesture, he nodded back like a puppy at her in agreement.

 

“I guess I finally got it out of my chest.” He grinned with a lighter heart but disheartened still slightly visible in his voice.

 

“Don’t you worry!” Jimin flexed up her arm.

 

“This ‘oppa’ will keep the promise she made!” she held out a pinky swear and putting up a tough act causing the boy to laugh out loud.

“You crazy girl.” He wobbled her head back and forward. He soon let go after she sent him a death glare.

 

“Since it’s a long weekend. I reckon you should come over to my place. We’ll hunker your poor heartbreak down with terribly great movies and eat a plethora of trash food in our pajamas.” Jimin suggested cheerily with excitement.

 

“Oh, and have you wallowed my dear?” the girl didn’t wait for his reply. “It’s alright if you haven’t yet. I’ll make sure to have a bucket of popcorns ready for you when you need to wallow your heart out! Then you can sleep it off. It will all be better!” She said while trying to lighten up the sulking mood he was in.

 

“There, there.” Jimin poke his arm before proceed with a derp face she was an expert at. 

 

“You know I’m not going to weep my eyeballs out like how you made or imagined me to be right?” he demanded with slight speculation.

 

“Well, we’ll find out soon won’t we?” she sarcastically stated. Clearly having too much fun riling up his paranoia.

 

Jimin held both her hands out in front of Yugyeom to help him up to his feet. He reached out his arms and grabbed hold of Jimin’s hand with no hesitant and stood up to his full height.

 

Her warmth and positive energy flowed right through his much larger hands. Unconsciously, Yugyeom felt his growing urge for her presence and her way of comforting him. At that moment, more than anything he was really thankful to have her as a friend, his greatest friend!

 

XxxXxx

 

Thank you for subscribing and reading my story! I hope it's okay so far. Feel free to leave me some comments! xxx