Chapter Two - 2013

Dear Friend

Kim Yugyeom and Park Jimin knew each other at the beginning of middle school. He was more of a closer friend to her best friends, Baek Yerin and Bambam, Jimin’s childhood friend since kindergarten. Eventually, the quartet was becoming inseparable.

 

Well, because of her tomboy-ish nature, most of the boys found her to be very easy-going and pleasant to be with or talk to. It was possible that they thought of her as one of their ‘brothers’.

 

Bambam was always Jimin’s ‘go-to-person’ whenever she needed. Be it gossiping, ranting, complaining or counseling. But Bambam had moved to Thailand when they graduated middle school. She felt a little empty without his presence but trying to not let it showed to cause others worried. Although she still had Yerin and Yugyeom by her side, it was just not the same.

 

Yerin, in a million year will never play with her the way Bambam would. As for Yugyeom, Jimin had never really discussed serious conversations with him but she knew she could count on him if needed. By the end of their middle school year, Jimin could easily tell that Yugyeom had developed a thing for rather cool, chic and much more girlie friend of hers, Baek Yerin.

 

XxxXxx

 

2013 - Hello, Highschool!

 

Yugyeom and Yerin were in the same class through first year of high school. Therefore, they naturally grew a lot closer, always chitter-chatter.

 

Jimin sometimes felt excluded like she was left out of the circle. She sensed that she was always third wheeling into their conversations, not that she cared all that much if her two close friends were to date anyway.

 

Jimin was capable in varieties of area. She was involved in many school clubs activities including drama, music and Judo so she made plenty of friends. Due to her super outgoing and bright personality she soon came to be a very lovable and reliable friend to her fellow students and teachers.

 

However, the trio’s dynamic was thrown to test its limit when Yerin moderately embarked on dedicating all her hours for the passion of music. She slowly drifted herself away from the group to make new friends with similar interest.

Meanwhile, Yugyeom and Jimin were becoming more occupied with sport activities. Their friendships flourished up while attending numerous joint MTs and tournaments together.

 

Soon they became each other’s ‘person’. They talked about anything and everything. Then one day, Kim Yugyeom turned to his smaller friend for advices, he was to confess his feelings for Baek Yerin.

 

“Just do it, dummie!” Jimin encouraged her bigger friend like it was no big deal while walking home after the end of their individual sports practice one evening.

 

“But Jimin-ah, I don’t even think she likes me that way.” With uncertainty mixed in his voice, the boy hung head down low as they approached red light at the pedestrian crossing.

 

“Now, what have you done to my uber narcissistic full of confidence friend?” Jimin jokingly mocked.

 

“If she rejects you, she rejects you. So what? It’s better than not letting her know how you feel for the rest of your life.” The tiny girl shrugged her shoulders.

 

“You reckon?” Yugyeom looked up to his friend and asked for assurance.

 

“If she says yes, I’ll celebrate with you.” Jimin chuckled as the light flicked to green. She motioned him to walk with her. “If she says no, I’ll lend you my shoulder.” Jimin lightly tapped on her own small shoulder in support to her previous statement.

 

“This ‘oppa’ will surely take care of you, Ms. Kim.” She turned around to face him who was following closely behind, pointed her little finger to herself and forwarded him a wink.

 

“Yah~ you little piece of!” The mention got him riled up. The said girl didn’t wait to catch his reactions and bolted her way down the empty night street. Yugyeom persued his chase after his petite friend and left his concerns behind.

 

“Kim Yugyeom, fighting!”

 

XxxXxx