Chapter 5: The Termination

The Impossible Task
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Alright, I need to talk to you.”

But contrary to his wishes, they go unanswered.

“Jinhwan – “

“Thank you for using my name.” Though Jinhwan said it with a smile and while trying to not make a big deal out of it, he was completely in awe. Junhoe still may be rough in his ways but, little changes were happening and that is all Jinhwan could ever wish for.

But, something was a little strange.

It was a new day. Yet…why were they in the bathroom?

“Don’t ask.” Junhoe could see the question written on the angel’s face. “…I may have found some comfort in this place.” Surprisingly…and it was a little difficult for Junhoe to admit. 

“So, what I can help you with today?”

“Well, I got a question.”

Jinhwan nodded for him to continue.

“You’re telling me that as long as I’m nice to others, I feel good?” And vice versa.

The angel nodded once more but something about what Junhoe said felt a little off. “Before we – “

“I have to do this for the rest of my life?” Is this a lifelong curse?

“Junhoe – “

“You got to be kidding me.”

“Junhoe.” Jinhwan stated his name slightly louder this time to draw the boy’s attention and it successfully worked. “Listen – I’m not doing this to you so that you’ll just have your own self in mind.” 

Junhoe’s mind couldn’t wrap around the angel’s words. “What are you saying now?”

“That’s not the same as being kind.” Something that Jinhwan and the big boss wanted to teach him. “I’m trying to get you to understand that your actions are impactful and that there are certain painful things and memories you should spare others from.”

But, no matter what he said, that confused look on Junhoe’s face remained.

“You remember how you felt after doing those things to Donghyuk…your classmates?” Jinhwan questioned. “I want you to understand how awful that was and learn to not put people through it because you personally felt it – do things because others deserve to be treated well.”

It’s so strange to have things put into his perspective. 

“I know why you do it, Junhoe.” Jinhwan begins once more.

“Oh, don’t say it.” Junhoe softly groaned.

“Remember, I’ve been keeping my eyes on you.” That’s his task after all. “I know how your parents aren’t around. I know they don’t give you the attention you deserve.”

“I’m not some kid acting out to have my parents’ affection.”

“Not anymore.” Jinhwan says softly. “Now, it’s your frustrations acting out and this was the outlet you found. You feel bad so you want others to feel just as bad.” Junhoe was finding the wrong method to feel better. “I can help you and the people you come into contact with…but I can’t do anything about your parents.”

“I didn’t think there was hope for them.”

“But, you have friends.” Jinhwan revealed. “And me, whenever you want someone to talk to.”

Junhoe scoffed. “That’s a first.”

Someone willing to be his friend. Someone so unlike him.

And also in that moment, Jinhwan saw hope. 

***

Jinhwan took soft steps down the busy sidewalk. His task was completed and he wanted to just take a moment for himself – it was his break after all.

Looking up, a familiar face was about to cross his path.

Just the person

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter