Drabble 4

junbob drabbles

“June, you put up the toothbrushes in the wrong order.” Donghyuk called from the bathroom.

“Huh?” June called from the kitchen where he was now helping Yunhyeong with the dishes.

“The toothbrushes are in the wrong order.” Donghyuk repeated, louder this time.

“So-so what?!” June retorted, he seemed flustered, making Yunhyeong sideeye him suspiciously.

“Nothing, it bust might confuse some people.” Donghyuk said calmly still inside the bathroom.

June quickly discarded of the dish in his hand and the towel, hurriedly placing them on the kitchen counter.

“Hey!” Yunhyeong exclaimed, but June was off like the wind.

June stormed into the bathroom where Donghyuk had his hand on Jiwon's toothbrush.

“Ju-just leave it. Change is good once in awhile!” June said stubbornly.

“Relax, I'm just moving the toothbrush.” Donghyuk frowned at him.

Why was it such a big deal? June had just placed the toothbrushes in the wrong order, leaving Jiwon's toothbrush which was normally at the end, next to his own.

“The holders are all different colors, it'll be fine!” June said and grabbed Donghyuk’s hand.

“But…” Donghyuk began but June interrupted him.

“Yunhyeong needs your help in the kitchen, he says I'm no good at drying the dishes, I'm not thorough enough or something!” June did his best to stop Donghyuk, who for a second stared at June, who was trying to look as convincing as possible.

“Oh, Okay?” Donghyuk seemed uncertain as he let his hand fall then moved to leave the room.

Once Donghyuk was gone June relaxed, he sighed while placing both hands on the bathroom counter, he let his upper body fall and let his head fall between his arms, he stood there for a moment before he got back up again and looked at the toothbrushes hanging on the mirror.

As he looked at the minor spectacle he blushed, thinking about what Jiwon might think when he came in to brush his teeth later.

Maybe he should try and go at the same time? He looked at himself in the mirror, and saw that he had a big, goofy grin on his face; he shook his head and slapped his face with both hands.

“That's way too corny.” He muttered to himself.

He looked at Jiwon's toothbrush, now next to his own toothbrush, it was a small and corny thing to do, but it gave June a tiny sense of satisfaction and he felt the tingling of butterflies in his stomach.

“Ah, so embarrassing..!” He said under his breath, bringing his hand to the back of his head and scratching it awkwardly before he turned and left the room grumbling to himself about how corny it was.