I.M Sure This is Just a Bad Dream

I.M Never Going to Like the New Student

"Dude, you've been staring at him for 2 hoursm it's getting creepy." Jooheon said as he watched his best friend ogle of Hyungwon, again. 

"But he's just so pretty, it's almost unfair." Wonho sighed, still looking at the tall boy in the front. The earlier has been stalk-ahem, coincidentally following him since the year started. Even though he could get any girl or guy he wanted-I mean, look at him-he was still too shy to ask the boy out. 

Joohen gagged, but before he could retort, the bell rang.

"Ahem, everyone, I have very important news to tell you. For the first time in Mercedes history, a new student is coming to school." Gasps emitted around the room, but the teacher quickly quieted them down. 

"I know it's a lot to take in, but please be kind to our new student. Come in, Changkyun." The teacher beckoned the new student to come in. Jooheon looked at him judgementally.

He wore a stoic face, but still managed to look awkward, biting his cheek nervously and coughing now and then. He casually flipped his brown hair out of his eyes, which were currently surveying the room. There was nothing to really hate about him, yet Jooheon did anyways.

"Hello everyone, my name is Lim Changkyun, but you can call me I.M. I us to live in Boston before moving to Seoul. It's nice to meet you." Changkyun said, his deep voice booming in the otherwise silent room.

"Ah, so does that mean you speak English?" Minhyuk said cheerfully, always being the friendliest student. Changkyun nodded, "yeah, but I'm still not completely fluent." he said, before the teacher told him to take a seat next to Kihyun. The latter did not look happy at all, since after all his hard work of the past years to remain in his top 7 spot, some kid comes here with a free pass. He doesn't even so much as look at Changkyun, his gaze still on the teacher's. 

"Well now that that's all cleared up-" he was interrupte by a sudden call in the classroom phone "-hold on a few minutes, everybody." While the teacher was talking to the caller, everyone went around Changkyun's desk, asking him questions such as "so how did you get in?", "why were you accepted during the year?", "what course are you in?" and so on.

"Erm, sorry, I can't really tell you why I came in now, since I don't know myself." He said awkwardly.

"What do you mean you don't know?" Wonho asked shocked.

"You see, the principal actually approached my parents, asking if I could join the school. I knew about the No Mercy system already and said that it made no sense for me to transfer now. I didn't mind though, which is what I told him, and here I am." Changkyun explained.

"That sound like utter bullcrap." Jooheon muttered, not missing the split-second of sadness flashing over Changkyun's face. Jooheon smirked, serves you right, punk.

Eventually the teacher ended the call and class actually started. Though each student is assigned different courses, being Dance, Singing, Rap, Art, Composition and Writing, or Acting, there is always homeroom that meshes the courses together, which teaches primary education from normal schools. After taking whatever subjects, students go to their courses. Each student is allowed to take up to 3. However, not many people do since they would have to keep their grade up for each, since they all count for their rank on the leaderboards outside the cafeteria. 

After class, Jooheon heads to his course, Rap. He gets pissed when seeing the new kid head in the same direction. Does he have to be everywhere I go? Jooheon thinks angrily, picking up his pace.

In his rap class, he takes a seat next to his long-time friends, Gunhee and Jackson.

"Hey Jooheon, isn't that new kid in your class? What's he like?" Jackson asks, leaning to him curiously.

"New kid? What?" Gunhee says, confused.

"Ugh, you really don't know? Today, a new kid transferred to school, breaking the No Mercy system for the first time." Jackson explained before turning back to Jooheon. 

"He's...awkward. There's not really anything else to describe him. His name's Changkyun, moved here from Boston." Jooheon grumbled, a little annoyed.

"Boston? So he speaks English? Great!" Jackson said enthusiastically. Gunhee then pointed to Changkyun in the back.

"Is that him?" he asked, to which Jooheon nodded. "Can we not talk about him though? He pisses me off."

"Are you boys done now? Because I'd like class to start." The teacher, Mr. Choi said, impatiently tapping his foot. At first glance, you wouldn't see him as a rapper, always wearing a suit and a blank expression.

"Sorry sir." The three of them chorused,adjusting their position.

"Good. Now it has been brought to my attention that our newest student..." He checked his papers, "Changkyun, was it? Is a rapper. If you don't mind, I'd like to see what I'm working with." Changkyun silently nodded and stood up. Everyone was anticipating the new student's skills as a rapper.

Clearing his throat, he held an imaginary microphone and began. Jooheon felt all smug, until the shy and awkward little boy turned into a deep-voiced, confident young man.

"ppaeseodo doeneun geomnikka geu mam
jikil su issseumnikka geu mam
myeot beoneul sseureojigo dachyeo
hangbok badanaemyeon doeneun geomnikka
Sir yes sir ni ipsure gyeongnye
neoran ireume maengsereul hae
jangnan aniji na moksum georeo
jikyeojulge moksum georeo"

He finished off cooly before trudging back to his seat, back to his awkwardness.

"That was very well done. Compared to Gunhee..." Gunhee visibly straightened, "you seem a bit more stable. Good." Gunhee looked down in shame. Jooheon wanted to break Changkyun's neck, growling at the thought.

"Um, you can call me I.M, sir. That's my rapper name." Changkyun said. Jooheon looked at him, wanting to shut his stupid mouth up.

Not only was he the new kid, but he humiliated his best friend. And the teacher praised him. Something he would never do to the other students. Jooheon could feel his blood boiling, but asked to go to the bathroom to calm himself down.

This is just a dream. Only a dream. he kept telling himself when all of his classes were over for the day, effectively avoiding the new student throughout it.

He pulled out his keys to his dorm room, which he had to himself since his roommate was expelled. Opening the door, he grunted as he fel on his bed, backpack on the floor. What he failed to notie though was the suitcase and newly sheeted bed next to him. But he at least heard the shower water running, and went to open the door. 

Just then, the door swungopen, revealing Changkyun, wearing nothing but a towel, and a pile of clothes in his hands, which he dropped while yelping.

"U-uh, h-hi. You must be my roommate." Changkyun stuttered awkwardly (and cutely), looking at hte ground with his lips pursed. Jooheon only wore a blank exression, before snapping out of his stupor and shutting the bathroom door. He knelt on the floor, leaning against the wall.

This is just a dream. Only a dream. Just a really bad dream If I close my eyes, everything will go bac to normal. he thought, closing his eyes.

When he opened them though, he heard the rustling of clothes, seeing Changkyun just put his shirt on.

Well, crap.