Confession

My Guardian Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I spun around.
“Jungkook…what did you just say..?”
Suddenly, there was silence. 
“I…I…I’m sorry Eunhye. I overheard the doc—“
“Eunhye, is that true?” Rap-Mon asked, slowly approaching me with careful steps as if the pavement was made of thin ice. “Why didn’t you tell me? Omgod, Eunhye are you alright? What happened?”
I let out a heavy sigh. That’s right Eunhye. Terminally ill. That’s what you are.
Rap-Mon grabbed my shoulders. “What…illness?”
Tears were welling up my eyes. I don’t need anyone’s sympathy. It just make me feel more pathetic.
I swiftly pushed away Rap-Mon’s arms. “What illness isn’t really that important…I just want to take some rest. Bye, I’m going back home.”
“Let me go with you!” Jungkook called. Rap-Mon glared at him.
“No, I’m…really fine. Haha.” I swallowed in my tears and forcefully put out a pretentious “confident” smile, and walked back towards home.
*****
I arrived at home, surprised to find a pair of old tattered flip flops. Dad’s back home early?
I opened the door and to my horror, Dad was completely drunk. Vomit spilled on the floor and there was shattered glass from the whiskey bottles he had finished. I was scared.
“YAH!! GIMME ANOTHER GLASS!! DOUBLE SHOT WHISKEY AS USUAL!!!”
I was scared my Dad would become violent again and locked myself up in my room. I sat down on the floor and leaned against the walls. The cold walls that reaped with the musty smell of old alcohol. Why? Why am I suffering so much? I looked at my guitar and thought of the happy days with my Mom. I used to have a complete family. I great childhood. Now everything is gone.
My phone vibrated.
From Rap-Mon:
Let’s meet.
I stared at his message for a long time. Definitely not going out without getting beaten by my drunken Dad.
To Rap-Mon:
No. Sorry.
From Rap-Mon:
I’m coming to your house.
I mentally face-palmed. I can’t let anyone see my drunken Dad.
To Rap-Mon:
I’m begging you. Stay away from my house. I don’t want you to get hurt.
From Rap-Mon:
I don’t want you to get hurt too idiot. Jungkook told me everything. Your Dad, right? Just stay in your room.
What? Jungkook…Why does he have to tell Rap-Mon this? Ah…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter