Chapter 1

Fox "whisperer"

You could call this one of those forbidden love stories, because it is.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A long time ago, animals and humans were close to the point where nothing could separate the two. Animals were one of a kind creatures that helped humans through their daily lives. The creatures helped save people in need. They took care of the humans whenever the people were sick. Humans showed the animals love and cared for the animals with an unlimited love. The king loved animals like he loved his wife. His wife and him both loved animals and had many in their household. No one could estimate how many of those furry, scaly, or feathery animals he had because he just had too many. The king truly did love his animals and so did the animals; however, one day, the king died. The reason is a mystery to this day. People started to suspect the animals. With each generation, the intangible barrier between the animals and humans grew bigger. Now,  in the present generation, animals and humans detest each other, refusing to even see each other. Humans are prohibited to get near animals and befriend them. The laws made it so that a wall is made to prevent the two from getting near each other. Now, a physical barrier separates the two. The humans have kept the thought that animals would kill them one day; however, there are exceptions like this one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The light filtered through the cave, shining on the orange, caramel-like furball. The young fox shifted in its sleep, trying to ignore the brightness; however, as the sun started to rise, the sunlight invaded the whole cave, illuminating the dark, gray cave. The orange fur ball finally mustered all of his strength and got up on all four. He took his first step out of the cave. The sunlight pierced the fox’s eyes. The animal looked away in response; however, a moment later, the fox was on the floor.

“HOSHI-HYUNG!!!”

The fox grunted underneath the tiger. The weight of the striped feline was crushing the poor fox.

“I love you DK, but can you get off me before I die.”

The feline named DK stepped off of Hoshi. Hoshi immediately stood up and shook of the dust that was on his fur. He took a moment to look at the stressed our state that his friend was in and then addressed the problem.

“What is it? Did Wonwoo fall into the river again?”

“That is exactly it! He walked straight into the water! Again!”
    Hoshi took a moment to sigh and then followed the running feline into the forest. In a moment, the two were standing, looking at the river bank. The river was calm with small waves that rippled across. The sunlight reflected off the surface of the water; however, in the midst of all the beauty was a flailing black panther. When Hoshi first meet the panther, he thought that the panther would be the most calm and collected out of the bunch; however, he was very wrong. The panther would walk straight into a river if there wasn’t anyone there… Hoshi looked away from the scene to mentally facepalm himself and then jumped into the cool stream of water. The orange Canidae paddled over to the flailing panther and helped the helpless animal out of the water. Hoshi looked right at the wheezing feline and sighed once more.

“Wonwoo. Please. Your incidents are like my daily alarm clocks. How many times has this happened?”

“I’m sorry, but I can’t help it. I am really absent minded. You know it.”

Hoshi couldn’t refute the statement. He knew that the panther was very absent-minded.

“You give me my daily dose of sighs.”

As if on cue, a caramel colored mouse bounced on top of Hoshi.

“Good morning hyung,” the mouse said with a sweet smile.

“Good morning The8. Did you eat breakfast?”

“Mhm. How about you?”
“Well as you can see, I didn’t because Wonwoo had his daily morning walk.”
“Ahhh. Well you can’t blame him, he is just naturally absent-minded.”

Wonwoo felt as if arrows were being stabbed into him with every word The8 mouthed. The black feline fakes a cry and the mouse giggled.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to say it that directly,” The8 laughed.

The three animals started walking, The8 bouncing, and suddenly, they realised that DK was gone.

“Where is DK?” Hoshi asked as he looked around.

“I thought he was with you!”

Hoshi wanted to sigh again. DK had no sense of direction. Just as Hoshi was about to set out to find the striped cat, a parrot flew in and perched upon a branch.

“You guys look lost,” the bird cawed.

“Oh thank goodness. Vernon, can you find fly around and find DK for me? He got lost around here and I don’t want him dying on me,” Hoshi said to the bird.

“Yeah man. You got it.”

The colorful bird took off to look for the lost DK.

“Vernon is always the savior,” Hoshi sighed.

“Are we going to make rounds to “there” again?”
“Wonwoo, I told you. It’s a dangerous place. You are in constant danger of getting hurt there.”

“But Hoshi, you know you also would like to see “him”. We all want to see them.”

Hoshi stared at Wonwoo for a moment. A moment of silence ensued. It was true. He wanted to see him. He knew that Wonwoo, The8, Vernon, and Dk wanted to see them too. He contemplated for a moment and sighed, yet again.

“Fine, but there is a time limit. We must be back here before dawn,” Hoshi said as he gave up.

“ARE WE GOING OVER THE WALL?!”

Hoshi didn’t even have to look. He knew that it was DK; however, he turned around anyways. He saw Vernon happily perched on DK.

“Yes we are; however, we are not going to stay there for too long.”

The animals cheered in delight. They marched towards the Wall with a light heart, well Hoshi didn’t. He was scared…

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


HI EVERYONE! I hope you guys like this story. It took me a long time to decide the couples; however, after much debate the couples are decided: SoonHon, BooNon, Jeongcheol, Meanie, and JunHao. I really don’t know about DK, Joshua, and Dino. If you would like me to create OCs or ship two of the boys together, please do tell me. I will try my best so that everyone is happy. Thanks for reading! (^ ^)